: Price

BEarle
07-15-13, 09:47 AM
Anybody expect the prices to jump on the new escalade?

sdgc
07-15-13, 05:56 PM
Most likely, seeing as how there are people willing to pay 100g for an SUV...

kars79
07-16-13, 12:06 AM
I think price will increase by few thousand but still will start under $70k and go up to $90k

falb
07-19-13, 11:57 AM
Yes, they will be higher

hannity
07-22-13, 02:55 PM
I think price will increase by few thousand but still will start under $70k and go up to $90k
I think this is what we can expect. Price won't increase by too much.

GM-4-LIFE
10-09-13, 01:16 PM
Shit, my 2013 Escalade ESV Premium with LED headlamps had an MSRP of $78K!! 2015 Escalade will most likely start there and go on up!!!

hcvone
10-09-13, 07:34 PM
Probably come in at the platinum price range, and if they make a platinum again that should cross the 100k mark. :( It's already the highest profit car/truck in the GM line, but you know they will want more

MrHolland
10-09-13, 08:51 PM
I don't think they can compete at the 100+ range. That pushes them into RR, Porsche and Mercedes territory. Right now, Cadillac doesn't have the performance, technology or loyal customer base to successfully jump into that market. JMHO though.

wav1911
10-09-13, 09:39 PM
Yes I agree, but Cadillac could do great (V-performance wise) things if they continue to sharpen their pencils! :-)

evois
10-09-13, 10:14 PM
I have a new range rover sport. with Cadillac's reliability(my experience) they can always push the envelope if the demand is high. at least they are not separating the options as add-ons. base, lux and premium, you know what's in there unlike the RR counterpart.

Poncherello
10-10-13, 11:52 PM
I expect the base model to start somewhere in the $67K range, $3K more than the current model. I also believe the Platinum will probably come in around the $91K area. I'll be looking at the ESV premium which I'm hoping doesn't come in over about $80K.

kars79
10-11-13, 11:26 AM
Cadillac just priced the new electric car elr and it's $75000
WOW
Now I think escalade is more likely to start from $80k

Bigplay
10-11-13, 04:04 PM
Cadillac just priced the new electric car elr and it's $75000
WOW
Now I think escalade is more likely to start from $80kWell they're not planing to sell a lot of them I guess (ELR). Same with the Escalade if the price it out of the current customer base price range they will not sell a lot of them brand new people will buy them used though.

kars79
10-11-13, 06:38 PM
Well they're not planing to sell a lot of them I guess (ELR). Same with the Escalade if the price it out of the current customer base price range they will not sell a lot of them brand new people will buy them used though.

For sure they are not gonna sell many of them with that price,

I do wanna get the new escalade but if the premium price passes $80k I will get a Denali,
I don't like cue anyways.

DG2
10-11-13, 07:51 PM
Cadillac just priced the new electric car elr and it's $75000 WOW Now I think escalade is more likely to start from $80k

Wow!! That's shocking if true. Cadillac is on a roll but that price ( if true ) for ELR will make it a very fast flop. $60 k max Hope that number is wrong as the ELR looks awesome.

----------

Just did the research and see this is true. Shocked. I understand GM is looking at the success of Tesla and their high price points. But Teslas giving you nearly 250 miles per charge vs 35 mi like ELR. I think GM missed a major opportunity to have uber profits by pricing the new Corvette stingray higher , in this range Sports car fans the world over would still consider Stingray a bargain if it started at $75k. Instead they start at $51k. That should be the ELR with a max going to $60 k

Maybe I'm wrong maybe Cadillac is only looking for a very small number of buyers. If they are looking for high volume then I think this is DOA.

BEarle
10-12-13, 12:33 AM
Cadillac will still sell a boat load of escalades even being $80k+ I mean I see more current generation platinums (which are $80k) than the "regular" escalades plus I see a lot of the new RR and they are well over a $100k

sdgc
10-12-13, 08:01 AM
75k is crazy. Are we talkin rupals. Or USD!? Jesus .....

kars79
10-12-13, 12:30 PM
Cadillac will still sell a boat load of escalades even being $80k+ I mean I see more current generation platinums (which are $80k) than the "regular" escalades plus I see a lot of the new RR and they are well over a $100k

You are right
There are a lot of platinum's around but most of those were bought with $10k or more off
So they are most likely purchased for $70-$73k range

So when the new car hits the road
I doubt there will be much incentives to begin with

MrHolland
10-12-13, 01:19 PM
The second and third year models will determine the success, not the first year.

----The big winners will prob be the 2013 leftovers and 2014, although I'd assume the production numbers for the 2014 would decrease.

BEarle
10-12-13, 10:12 PM
You are right
There are a lot of platinum's around but most of those were bought with $10k or more off
So they are most likely purchased for $70-$73k range

So when the new car hits the road
I doubt there will be much incentives to begin with

Yeah that's why I'm going to wait another 2-3 years to grab one and not get raped by price gouging.

Avery323
10-13-13, 02:35 PM
I read that even in the twilight of the current gen, the average selling price in Sept was $73k -- that's surprising that its so strong so late in its life cycle. GM knows they can go farther up with 2015 Escalade, as seen by average transaction prices of the X5, the new Range Rover, and the new MB GL. Yukon Denali is a strong seller for GMC, and they want to push that up as well. My guess is that the new Escalade arrives about $3k more than previously, with more options that will push average selling prices even higher than that $73k. They'll do a Platinum for MY 2016 with a much higher price point.

RARE ESKY
10-13-13, 02:55 PM
out the door with taxes and fees you will be looking at 75-85k

kars79
10-13-13, 02:55 PM
I wish it would only go up $3k

Even tho i think it's too much
Seeing cts then elr prices
I really started to think it's gonna be $80k base SUV.
$85k for luxury
$90k for premium
Maybe 100 for platinum.

BEarle
10-13-13, 04:31 PM
I wish it would only go up $3k

Even tho i think it's too much
Seeing cts then elr prices
I really started to think it's gonna be $80k base SUV.
$85k for luxury
$90k for premium
Maybe 100 for platinum.

I think you are right.

Jpjr
10-14-13, 10:50 AM
Anyone know what the GM employee discount is these days? 1% below invoice? Any idea what that does to the price of an Escalade?

Also, Range Rover offfers uber sport utility in addition to luxury. I think Cadillac would have to offer more in the way of power/precision engineering to justify a 100k price. The Esaclade is really a Yukon wrapped in nice leather. Doesn't mean they won't try...

evois
11-03-13, 12:09 AM
if there is any indication what the price of the new 2015 cadillac escalade will be, it will be close to low and high $90k's! the ELR starts at $75k and has the same internals as the volt?

http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/elr-electric-car/reservation.html

kars79
11-03-13, 12:19 AM
if there is any indication what the price of the new 2015 cadillac escalade will be, it will be close to low and high $90k's! the ELR starts at $75k and has the same internals as the volt? http://www.cadillac.com/future-cars/elr-electric-car/reservation.html

When I first saw those numbers on elr I was shocked too but now I realize they don't plan on selling more 2-3k of those a year
Which they can't sell more then that anyways.

No way for those numbers to work on escalade,
Way too high .

Carl was saying rep told him it would start around $73-$75 range
Which make sense

People do give Range rover example about pricing but

Just yukon Denali by itself sells more then whole land rover lineup,

So it's not really same thing

If it does start at $90k they will lose at least 60 percent of the escalade buyers.

DG2
11-03-13, 04:59 PM
Having the Escalade start at $75,000 makes sense as the target audience is already at the highest end of the income demographics and that audience would not think twice of loading one up to the plus $90k range. Cadillac is on a winning track with Escalade and I predict the new model will be a huge success

MrHolland
11-03-13, 10:07 PM
I think it will be more of a success with new owners than current owners.

DG2
11-03-13, 11:17 PM
I think it will be more of a success with new owners than current owners.

Because of the new style ??

MrHolland
11-04-13, 07:09 AM
Yes, new style and new platform. We current owners have a better idea of where the improvements should have been made and if they were. The new customers will see an all new redesigned Escalade. Knowing nothing of the previous generations shortcomings they will purchase the new model under the assumption, its a Cadillac, it costs a lot, therefore it must be perfect. They will then show up here and complain that their $100K Cadillac doesn't have something they assume should be standard on such an expensive car. JMHO

evois
11-04-13, 02:08 PM
Yes, new style and new platform. We current owners have a better idea of where the improvements should have been made and if they were. The new customers will see an all new redesigned Escalade. Knowing nothing of the previous generations shortcomings they will purchase the new model under the assumption, its a Cadillac, it costs a lot, therefore it must be perfect. They will then show up here and complain that their $100K Cadillac doesn't have something they assume should be standard on such an expensive car. JMHO

like what? maybe the rain sense wipers, that's it? as far as comparison, my 2009 escalade hybrid is far advanced than my 2013 range rover except for the suspension bits, FYI.

DG2
11-04-13, 02:41 PM
The 2015 has everything but the " kitchen sink". There will always be someone to nit pick but I couldn't be more pleased with our Slade and could only imagine how gorgeous the new one will be. Especially that interior ! :).

MrHolland
11-04-13, 06:29 PM
@ Evois, (taken from a different thread but answers your question)

Disappointed the brakes are no larger, and still the same trans in a time where most are using 7 and 8 speeds, and a 17 hp upgrade (30 ft lbs tqr) when the Corvette is at 455 with a 6.2 is kind of lame, they did increase the rear diff size, of course most of the failures are with the FRONT DIFF, and that is still the same.

^^^That. 2009 was the year with the best options. Since 2010 options have been slowly removed. Even with added options and features inside, the fact remains they didn't upgrade those other areas mentioned above. As for HP, there is speculation that the Escalade put on a little weight.

hcvone
11-05-13, 06:38 AM
The new srx has the bose noise cancelling built in, it works great you can not believe how little interior noise, and the 10 speaker system with the cue sounds so much better than my escalade's ever did/do, when I get in my escalade it sounds like an am radio in comparison, great bass too. RAINSENSE wipers STANDARD too

evois
11-05-13, 11:15 PM
The new srx has the bose noise cancelling built in, it works great you can not believe how little interior noise, and the 10 speaker system with the cue sounds so much better than my escalade's ever did/do, when I get in my escalade it sounds like an am radio in comparison, great bass too. RAINSENSE wipers STANDARD too I viewed the new(2014?) SRX and noticed the TFT display and a heads-up display as well as I was having an oil change for my cadillac escalade. Didn't get a chance to drive it since I have driven the previous model as a loaner. But the Cue is a nice system though needs to get used to. The cubby/storage hole is hidden by the flip up button face. It has a potential for wear and breaking since there is no flip button or indicator how to open it. other than that, the leather looks spot on. nice vehicle. would still prefer the escalade though.

hcvone
11-06-13, 06:56 AM
I viewed the new(2014?) SRX and noticed the TFT display and a heads-up display as well as I was having an oil change for my cadillac escalade. Didn't get a chance to drive it since I have driven the previous model as a loaner. But the Cue is a nice system though needs to get used to. The cubby/storage hole is hidden by the flip up button face. It has a potential for wear and breaking since there is no flip button or indicator how to open it. other than that, the leather looks spot on. nice vehicle. would still prefer the escalade though.

Agreed, I still need a smaller truck for the city, this is my 4th srx, and the first one I like driving more than the escalades, of course I am working on a new exhaust system to get rid of the 6 cylinder noise, but sounds good. I am sure the escalade will have the hidden compartment too

Nihsel10
01-02-14, 09:21 PM
It's definitely likely the price will increase. I read an article that the LTZ for the Tahoe/Suburban will be $66k before tax, which could mean that the Denalis will pass the 70k barrier, same as the H2 from 2007-2009. The Platinums will be around 96k-100k, same price as the GL550s now. GL class got competition now.

I am more interested in the premium or platinum escalade esv.

heres's the article
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1312-report-2015-chevrolet-tahoe-suburban-priced/

MrHolland
01-02-14, 10:05 PM
GL has competition?!?!?! Not until Cadillac adds a supercharger, bigger transmission and big brakes.....

Jpjr
01-03-14, 11:55 AM
The 2015 has everything but the " kitchen sink". There will always be someone to nit pick but I couldn't be more pleased with our Slade and could only imagine how gorgeous the new one will be. Especially that interior ! :).

The new Escalade will be my 4th Caddy in a row. After owning various models and spending a fair amount of time on various model forums on this Cadillac site, I have two main observations regarding general forum sentiment with respect to new models:

1. Forum members have great perspective and knowledge on these vehicles. You can't beat the detail and passion here.
2. Forum members generally find reasons to be critical of new models at first. Some of this is valid but much of it is human nature...we want to feel better about the vehicle we already own.

sdgc
01-03-14, 03:10 PM
I can see this new platform get a big revamp 2 years in.... meaning a new transmission and, bigger brakes (maybe) and most likely dual exhaust.... it only makes sense... they stepped it up interior wise, but exterior i cant see why they would remove the dual exhaust and keep an old tranny when so many are going 7 and 8 as previously stated by others

----------

Dont get me wrong, they have moved forward quite a bit, but are still light years away from the GL. Not even in the same ball park.

Nihsel10
01-03-14, 05:48 PM
Dont get me wrong, they have moved forward quite a bit, but are still light years away from the GL. Not even in the same ball park.

Their mBrace not that great, no remote start, and their navs a somewhat old school. To me the GL is not really a true SUV. It's more like an larger version of the S-Class with 7 seats added. Only thing new which I find cool on the GL are the Night Assist and 360 surround camera, which the Escalade definitely needs.

I have driven one, wasn't that impressed.

DG2
01-04-14, 09:40 AM
Before we purchased our 2011 Escalade we test drove a loaded MB GL. We were not impressed. Too many buttons on the cluster , very narrow feel abd it had a " boaty" ride feel. We felt the Caddy really felt like a large SUV. Nice and wide but drove more nimble then the GL. As for the engine performance the GL couldn't even compete. When you step on the gas on the Escalade she pulls like a locomotive. No such power rush in the GL. Hands down we felt Caddy was the clear winner. Now , coming up on 3 years and 41,000 miles we still love this SUV. Bulletproof reliability. I mean zero issues. She's a keeper for us.

evois
01-06-14, 11:24 AM
pricing will be released today. I'll wait for the dealer to email me info. hopefully I get my own personal allotment of one premium 2015 escalade.

kars79
01-07-14, 12:04 AM
Top speed website says starting price is $68k
I doubt it's that low

Review
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadillac/2015-cadillac-escaladefirst-impressions-ar161168.html

Nihsel10
01-07-14, 12:40 AM
Most probably the pricing will be release weeks before or month before. Till then just play the waiting game.

kars79
01-07-14, 12:47 AM
Most probably the pricing will be release weeks before or month before. Till then just play the waiting game.

Actually I talked my dealer last weekend and sales manager told me
They are expecting ordering guides and pricing in a week.
So pretty soon we will know.
My guess is $75k base truck
Then 80 luxury
85 Premium
I hope I'm wrong !!!!

Nihsel10
01-07-14, 12:52 AM
Actually I talked my dealer last weekend and sales manager told me
They are expecting ordering guides and pricing in a week.
So pretty soon we will know.
My guess is $75k base truck
Then 80 luxury
85 Premium
I hope I'm wrong !!!!

Thats where I am thinking as well. My first post about the tahoe prices (along with the article) help give a general idea of the estimate price range. Who knows. Things change. :)

BEarle
01-07-14, 07:43 PM
The thing with escalades no matter how high they price them, people will buy then. I mean I see more $85-$90k platinums more than base models. Other cars like the ATS and CTS are not selling due to the higher price tags, but the escalade is a different animal

shelstreet
01-07-14, 10:03 PM
True!

kars79
01-10-14, 11:09 PM
I just found pricing on Yukon Denali
It looks like it went up $10k
So escalade probably gonna be same

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2015/GMC/Yukon/4WD-4dr-Denali/Pricing

sdgc
01-11-14, 08:19 AM
10k!? Wow....

DG2
01-12-14, 07:11 AM
The Escalade customer base is already very well established and in the top income bracket. They'll pay and this new Slade delivers some great new creature comfort for that price increase.

sdgc
01-12-14, 03:29 PM
Not this guy.... Unless it has something groundbreaking like fade resistant emblems.

kars79
01-12-14, 08:52 PM
Clearly there is something wrong with Cadillac pricing,
Gm has to give so much incentive in order to move ats,xts,and now probably cts.
Soon elr will be heavily discounted.

kars79
01-17-14, 01:50 PM
Clearly there is something wrong with Cadillac pricing, Gm has to give so much incentive in order to move ats,xts,and now probably cts. Soon elr will be heavily discounted.

Pricing starting at $71695
Official Cadillac website

shelstreet
01-17-14, 03:15 PM
Where are you seeing this price on the website?

nova99
01-17-14, 06:43 PM
on the esky home page right under the vehicle.

shelstreet
01-17-14, 07:48 PM
And that is on the caddy website??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

BEarle
01-18-14, 03:29 PM
Do technically it jumped 6k like the CTS did