: Vehicle Personalization System Error; Wheel and seat do not adjust

stevenriz
07-15-13, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone. After a long weekend of sitting in the garage, went to leave for work and the seat and wheel didn't adjust to my personal setting. They will not even move manually. When I go into my personal settings I get a "Vehicle personalization system error" on the screen. Now what? I have the battery removed now hoping a full reboot will cure the problem. I will report back. Otherwise to the dealer seems like my only option!!! :(

Anyone ever experience this?

----------

Battery removal did nothing. Looks like a computer issue... calling dealer now...

1BadCadSTS
07-15-13, 09:52 AM
Check under the drivers seat. Any loose connections. Also check fuses.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-15-13, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone. After a long weekend of sitting in the garage, went to leave for work and the seat and wheel didn't adjust to my personal setting. They will not even move manually. When I go into my personal settings I get a "Vehicle personalization system error" on the screen. Now what? I have the battery removed now hoping a full reboot will cure the problem. I will report back. Otherwise to the dealer seems like my only option!!! :(

Anyone ever experience this?

----------

Battery removal did nothing. Looks like a computer issue... calling dealer now...

Hello stevenriz,

I apologize for any vehicle trouble you are experiencing with your seat and wheel adjustment. I see you are contacting the dealership. Let me know if you are planning on taking your vehicle in for a diagnosis at the dealer. I want to stay involved throughout this process and make sure your issues are resolved. I can be contacted via private message to further discuss your current situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

EChas3
07-15-13, 10:02 PM
Recently, another member had the same thing that turned out to be no more than a loose connector under the seat. Make sure they are all firmly pressed together.

stevenriz
07-15-13, 11:25 PM
Hi all and hi Laura from customer service.

Laura i did take it to the local dealer in Leominster MA and they took it right in. After a couple hours of diagnosing it they found the problem to be a short under the driver seat. They charged me a couple hours labor :(

Anyway all is well now. I hope this will not become a money pit!!

Laura thanks for being interested. Is there anything Cadillac can do or help with here?

Goodnight!
Steve

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-13, 11:12 AM
Hi all and hi Laura from customer service.

Laura i did take it to the local dealer in Leominster MA and they took it right in. After a couple hours of diagnosing it they found the problem to be a short under the driver seat. They charged me a couple hours labor :(

Anyway all is well now. I hope this will not become a money pit!!

Laura thanks for being interested. Is there anything Cadillac can do or help with here?

Goodnight!
Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for updating everyone on your situation. I am happy to hear the dealer was able to resolve the issue with your vehicle. I understand how it can get expensive to repair your vehicle. We look at each customer issue on a case-by-case basis. If you private message me and include your VIN and current mileage I am more than happy to research this on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care