: New to Cadillac Family

debedwell58
07-15-13, 07:43 AM
Last week I bought my Very 1st Cadillac
Its a 2009 STS so far My wife and I Love the car

Rides like a dream

I was just wondering what others with same car has done to add in an AUX input so you can Listen to IPOD or your Cell for Iheart Radio

I stopped at Local Stereo shop and they tried to sell me complete new system said it was only way to go

can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

1BadCadSTS
07-15-13, 08:35 AM
Nav or no nav

debedwell58
07-15-13, 10:06 AM
It has Nav

1BadCadSTS
07-15-13, 10:07 AM
Read the nav manual. Center console has RCA aux input.

debedwell58
07-15-13, 10:52 AM
Ok thanks will check it out

EChas3
07-15-13, 10:17 PM
Avoid thhat 'local stereo shop'. They are either ignorant or incompetent.

Since you have Nav, they could have sold you:

1. A $5 adapter cable for $50
2. A $150 module for $300 installed
3. Their complete new system

----------

Congratulations on your purchase!

Ludacrisvp
07-15-13, 11:34 PM
Avoid thhat 'local stereo shop'. They are either ignorant or incompetent.

Since you have Nav, they could have sold you:

1. A $5 adapter cable for $50
2. A $150 module for $300 installed
3. Their complete new system

----------

Congratulations on your purchase!

Yup this.

Amazon.com is a good source for the iSimple Audio Gateway by PAC audio. Works with iPhone 4S and older and iPod with 30 pin dock. I've never tested the iPhone 5 with lightning connector on my car. This allows rudimentary playback controls of the iPhone and will display current track and artist on the Nav unit. This method uses the XM radio interface to function. If you have XM they do work together. It also allows you to use the "Center Point" DSP setting that isn't available with the aux input in the center console. It also charges the phone.

Sent from my One

curtc
07-16-13, 12:45 AM
Get a cheap RCA to 3.5mm cable. That way you can get audio from ANY source with a headphone jack, cheap, simple, and reliable...

06 STS Rob
07-16-13, 04:56 PM
I recommend doing some searching on the forum. There are a few ways to go here. Find what fits your needs and or budget and go with it. The c-c input is the source I use with the a/v cable from apple. This allows video as well as sound plus by using a usb charger, I can charge the ipod when needed. Others use the 3.5 cable and are plenty happy while others use the PAC unit.

STSJr
07-17-13, 12:25 AM
Hi, I'm new to the Cadillac family too! I recently purchased a 05 STS luxury v8 4. I love this car! I originally bought American then went foreign for ten years. I am so happy to be in an American made Cadillac! My first car with leather. When driving I don't want together out of it! Have fun and enjoy this awesome machine!

mckellyb
07-17-13, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the fold!

The STS, for me, is the sportiest Cadillac I ever want to own. Sure, a CTS-V is an amazing machine, but there's supposed to be comfort in a Caddy.

If you have pretty much any question, search here, first.

So...which engine? V6 or V8? Also, AWD or RWD? Trim package? C'mon man, we've gotta know the important stuff!!!

:-)

STSJr
07-17-13, 01:35 PM
Exactly, a Cadillac is supposed to be luxurious. I have a V8 4 with the luxury package. Original 18 polished wheels, Nav, leather, moonroof, heated and AC seats. Wow! This car has a lot more features than my 4cyl. Honda! Haha!

EChas3
07-18-13, 01:15 AM
The vented seats are coming in handy right now but my favorite thing is the confidence I feel when I know how to get the most out these fine automobiles.

Welcome, again!