: New tires, Aggressive driving and now no more CDM?

Manofmetal01
07-14-13, 11:56 PM
So ive been enjoying the new wheels and sticky rubber...two days ago competitive driving mode worked. Today it wont, either TC is on or off. Whats up? Did I launch too hard at some point?

on a plus note, pulled up beside a modded Camaro a the lights. nose to nose into 3rd but red and blues forced an early shut down. The new rubber really helps responsiveness.

Manofmetal01
07-15-13, 02:17 AM
Think ive found the problem. I haven't reset the new tpms in the forgestars, and when I park at home im within feet of the original wheels, most likely causing my issues. Either reset to the new tpms or move the old wheels to stop tripping the system. How much tire pressure am I going to lose letting out 3 seconds of nitrogen? Probably need a top up id assume.

RyRidesMotoX
07-15-13, 02:21 AM
Maybe the cops disabled the CDM haha

odthetruth
07-15-13, 02:28 AM
Think ive found the problem. I haven't reset the new tpms in the forgestars, and when I park at home im within feet of the original wheels, most likely causing my issues. Either reset to the new tpms or move the old wheels to stop tripping the system. How much tire pressure am I going to lose letting out 3 seconds of nitrogen? Probably need a top up id assume.

With normal oxygen, about 3 seconds is ~3psi from what I've seen.

JDB
07-17-13, 09:34 PM
RTFM ...5 seconds of change in psi

Hold lock & unlock on the remote with key in On position until horn chirps, might need to lock and unlock doors, and then start with drivers front, pass front, etc. around the car for each chirp and then the last one should double chirp.

If sensors aren't set, don't work... you cant get into Comp mode.

Manofmetal01
07-17-13, 11:41 PM
Yes exaclty. But as I said my old tires are right near where I park and the car reads them when i pull in. Im just going to do it near the tire shop so i can top up the nitrogen when I'm done.

Andringa
07-18-13, 10:04 AM
Yes exaclty. But as I said my old tires are right near where I park and the car reads them when i pull in. Im just going to do it near the tire shop so i can top up the nitrogen when I'm done.

Reading the other set of wheels isn't a problem. The change in pressure triggers the sensor to send an update. At which point the car puts that sensor in the position that it is currently training. There could be 100 other sensors in the room, as long as they aren't actively broadcasting it will be fine.

CTSV_Rob
07-18-13, 04:40 PM
Had the same exact problem. Had my track wheels in the garage where I park the car and when it was in the garage the sensors would read but the values were wrong for the tires on the car. The wheels I had on the car had issues with the sensor so they were not programmed. When I pull out of the garage the car continues to read the bogus values for a while and then eventually they just go to dashes, throw an error, and the comp mode is dead again.

If your sensors are working correctly then you shouldn't loose more than a couple of PSI during the reteach.

Manofmetal01
07-18-13, 05:34 PM
Sounds good gents, ill do this before I leave the parking compound of this prison camp in two weeks

repenttokyo
07-20-13, 12:51 PM
I bought a tool for $80 that lets me reset the TPMS at each wheel without having to let air in and out. It was well worth the money.

----------

Reading the other set of wheels isn't a problem. The change in pressure triggers the sensor to send an update. At which point the car puts that sensor in the position that it is currently training. There could be 100 other sensors in the room, as long as they aren't actively broadcasting it will be fine.

Actually, having other tires in the room can cause problems. It's better to do a re-learn at least 200 feet away from old tires. I've run into issues in the past.