: CEL still running lean

Jneedom14
07-14-13, 11:12 PM
Please help me i have a 2006 Cadillac STS V8 and im trying to figure out why its running lean its good when i get into the throttle but at idle it is a little shaky not misfiring just stumbling a little. And what all can happen from running lean i dont want to damage the engine.

dkozloski
07-14-13, 11:16 PM
Check the intake manifold bolts. It's a very common problem.

EChas3
07-14-13, 11:56 PM
Deja Vu

Hey -14. Why not just post that your bolts are tight, even if you never checked them? I'm tired of this nonsense!

Lean engines will run hot and in extreme cases burn valves & pistons.

It's quite simple, when a Check engine Soon light comes on, have the car serviced. If it flashes, do so immediately. Although Cadillac dealers aren't inexpensive, they can actually provide the best value by not doing (and charging you for) unecessary repairs.

Many free parts store code readings will only provide the basics on the STS. These are sophisticated cars and the finer details often require more.

glover
07-15-13, 12:02 AM
Definately ck intake bolts Prolly needs a new booster hose they swell at the back of the intake. Ck ur air filter if it hasnt been replaced lately n depending on last time u went to a dealer might need a reflash. Otherwise, inspect for any loose hoses n the pcv system

curtc
07-15-13, 01:03 AM
Please help me i have a 2006 Cadillac STS V8 and im trying to figure out why its running lean its good when i get into the throttle but at idle it is a little shaky not misfiring just stumbling a little. And what all can happen from running lean i dont want to damage the engine.

You have another thread going about this already...why two?

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD BOLTS????

AGAIN, HAVE YOU CHECKED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD BOLTS????

1BadCadSTS
07-15-13, 01:08 AM
Ignorance is bliss

Stupid is as stupid does

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

Anyone else?

dkozloski
07-15-13, 01:44 AM
Ignorance is bliss

Stupid is as stupid does

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

Anyone else?You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink but three Texans can. Two to hold his head under water and the third to suck on his a$$.

EChas3
07-15-13, 08:55 PM
That horse is gonna drown.