: Problems with my 2000 caddy...

gamtire1200
07-14-13, 10:03 PM
Rookie Poster,

1st problem is the tailgate is loose. When closed you can shake it.

2nd problem is the headlight switch, when in the automatic on/off switch does not work - park lights and dashboard lights do not come on. When it is in upright position the park lights and dashboard lights come on. I recently had a guy change the switch and this did not solve the problem. I beleive there is some type of night sensor that is not functioning. How we find the short???

3rd Passenger front seat belt locks up. Will WD40 solve this problem, or do we have to get a complete new bracket.

the cadillac man
07-14-13, 10:30 PM
Rookie Poster,

1st problem is the tailgate is loose. When closed you can shake it.

2nd problem is the headlight switch, when in the automatic on/off switch does not work - park lights and dashboard lights do not come on. When it is in upright position the park lights and dashboard lights come on. I recently had a guy change the switch and this did not solve the problem. I beleive there is some type of night sensor that is not functioning. How we find the short???

3rd Passenger front seat belt locks up. Will WD40 solve this problem, or do we have to get a complete new bracket.

The lift gate could be a worn latch(s)

The headlight issue may be a bcm or a ground problem(if the drl's work then it is the the twilight sensor on the dash)

gamtire1200
07-15-13, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the help.
Where can I get a drawing of the latch I know u can adjust to tighten it up. A drawing would help

On the lights. I guess drl is day running lights. They work. I had a guy change light switch for $250. Must be the ground or twilight sensor.

Thanks.

the cadillac man
07-15-13, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the help.
Where can I get a drawing of the latch I know u can adjust to tighten it up. A drawing would help

On the lights. I guess drl is day running lights. They work. I had a guy change light switch for $250. Must be the ground or twilight sensor.

Thanks.

I think there is a couple screws(not sure)

If the drls work then its not a ground issue I would say the twilight sensor is either covered or bad