: Door handles on a 2008 DTS?

Cadillac Kid03
07-14-13, 06:43 PM
Hey guys what's the deal with the door handles on the 2008 DTS? Are they known to be problems? My buddy's DTS is having major problems with the door handles on both sides. He got the rear passanger fixed and now the rear driver is broken. He bought the extended warrenty but last time he still had to pay $120 this time i think it should be free.

Superjim
07-15-13, 12:16 AM
Mine is a 2006 not a 2008, but I have had no problems with a little over 130,000 on it.

Cadillac Kid03
07-15-13, 02:28 AM
Mine is a 2006 not a 2008, but I have had no problems with a little over 130,000 on it.Yea that's what i was thinking seems odd that two would fail. But the car was brought by me to look at it and i can't find anything wrong with it. So all good. Thanks for the help!

TulsaVic
07-15-13, 03:36 PM
My right rear passenger door sticks from time to time--have to really yank on the handle. But that's probably because it gets opened about 4 times a year. No other issues.....

TerrBear
07-16-13, 08:44 AM
My driver rear door was getting difficult to open. All four door handles were replaced under warranty. I think it was a design issue.

Harboz
07-16-13, 02:55 PM
You have to pull the handles up just right on my '08 DTS. There is a definite problem with them, that I have ignored for two years. I will continue ignoring it.

Asguard726
07-17-13, 12:25 AM
Hello,
My '09 has this same door handle issue. Most any time I have passengers, they will say the doors are locked and
I have to tell them to pull straight up firmly or it won't open. The drivers door will do this if I park it so the afternoon
sun shines directly on the door. I never had this issue with my '06.
-Dan

Tom's Caddy
07-17-13, 06:02 PM
Mine are the same and I just say to my guests that say its locked, that don't drive a Cadillac, you just don't know how to open a Cadillac and I pull up hard and straight to open the door. Drivers back only, I make fun of it but it is not funny, should be a RECALL:bouncy:

Asguard726
07-18-13, 01:10 AM
Yes, you would think after a couple zillion years building automobiles, Cadillac/GM could get a simple door latch perfected.
But I guess my standards are just to high ;-)
Dan

Cadillac Kid03
07-18-13, 04:51 AM
Yes, you would think after a couple zillion years building automobiles, Cadillac/GM could get a simple door latch perfected.
But I guess my standards are just to high ;-)
DanYea i guess your standards are way to high like them having 20 years to perfect the Northsar and never did... But thank you all for the help i'll let my buddy know next time i see him.

Ludacrisvp
07-20-13, 07:27 PM
I thought the 06+ DTS had the same handles that had been used in the Seville and Deville of the previous generation?
I never had any issues with door handles on my 02 Deville... someone trying to get in without unlocking the door first and breaking the mechanisms?

Cadillac Kid03
07-20-13, 10:59 PM
I thought the 06+ DTS had the same handles that had been used in the Seville and Deville of the previous generation?
I never had any issues with door handles on my 02 Deville... someone trying to get in without unlocking the door first and breaking the mechanisms?I believe they are the same door handles just with more plastic :histeric:

RubirosaGGatsby
07-25-13, 03:49 PM
My 08 also has a sticky rear driver door handle. "The door is locked" comes every time. I guess it's nice that my passengers aren't trying to yank the thing off at least.