: AC Problem

halp
07-14-13, 06:33 PM
2011 SRX AWD Luxery:
long drive on a hot day 90 Degrees, I have to keep lowering the temperature to keep cold air blowing. When I start out I have it at 72, after 50 miles I have it down to 68 to keep cold air coming out. The air is also not as cold as when I first start out.
Had it in for service last week and had them look into the problem. Service adviser claimed that the system was working properly and that air coming out was at 46 degrees. I told him that the problem happens after 40 or 50 miles of driving and that my CTS blows ice cold at 75 degree setting all day long. All he could say was that high humidity makes the system work harder.
What can I do to make them look into this?

adamjeeps
07-14-13, 07:12 PM
Do you have it set on auto? It makes sense if you do because auto works like a house thermostat. One the cabin temperature hits 72 it keeps it there until you lower it more.

halp
07-14-13, 08:32 PM
Do you have it set on auto? It makes sense if you do because auto works like a house thermostat. One the cabin temperature hits 72 it keeps it there until you lower it more.

Yes it is set on auto. Works just fine for about 30 minutes (set at 72) or so of driving in real hot weather and then air feels warmer. lowering the temp turns the fan on higher, but air is not very cold anymore. I read something about the receiver/dryer separating causing a problem. There is supposed to be a bulletin on it but the service writer said he could not find one.

GGMiv
07-14-13, 09:00 PM
My dryer/receiver on my 2011 was replaced last summer on Bulletin PI0588A. That's an i not a 1. Hope this helps.

adamjeeps
07-14-13, 09:48 PM
Yes it is set on auto. Works just fine for about 30 minutes (set at 72) or so of driving in real hot weather and then air feels warmer. lowering the temp turns the fan on higher, but air is not very cold anymore. I read something about the receiver/dryer separating causing a problem. There is supposed to be a bulletin on it but the service writer said he could not find one.

Here you go:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=175483

Amazing that a trained service writer can not find it but we can:yup:

----------

Here is another one:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=172149

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-15-13, 01:05 PM
2011 SRX AWD Luxery:
long drive on a hot day 90 Degrees, I have to keep lowering the temperature to keep cold air blowing. When I start out I have it at 72, after 50 miles I have it down to 68 to keep cold air coming out. The air is also not as cold as when I first start out.
Had it in for service last week and had them look into the problem. Service adviser claimed that the system was working properly and that air coming out was at 46 degrees. I told him that the problem happens after 40 or 50 miles of driving and that my CTS blows ice cold at 75 degree setting all day long. All he could say was that high humidity makes the system work harder.
What can I do to make them look into this?

Hello halp,

I apologize for the air conditioning issue you are experiencing. I understand how your issue not being able to be resolved can be frustrating. If you private message me and include your VIN, I am more than happy to do additional research on your behalf.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

halp
07-15-13, 08:07 PM
Hi all and many thanks to "adamjeeps" for his info.
Armed with that I went to my dealer today and brought it to the attention of the service manager. After checking the bulletin and my vehicle they have ordered the receiver / dryer for my SRX. Meanwhile I have a 2013 Premium CTS loaner with a full tank of gas to use at no charge until my vehicle is repaired. The Adviser that I saw last week was within earshot as I told the service manager that I mentioned that same bulletin last time I was in and was told that "in high humidity the AC has to work harder and there is nothing wrong with your vehicle". This site is great, I told the srvice manager about it.
Also, thanks Laura for your offer to help on this matter. Hopefully it is solved.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-13, 09:31 AM
Hi all and many thanks to "adamjeeps" for his info.
Armed with that I went to my dealer today and brought it to the attention of the service manager. After checking the bulletin and my vehicle they have ordered the receiver / dryer for my SRX. Meanwhile I have a 2013 Premium CTS loaner with a full tank of gas to use at no charge until my vehicle is repaired. The Adviser that I saw last week was within earshot as I told the service manager that I mentioned that same bulletin last time I was in and was told that "in high humidity the AC has to work harder and there is nothing wrong with your vehicle". This site is great, I told the srvice manager about it.
Also, thanks Laura for your offer to help on this matter. Hopefully it is solved.

Hi Hal,

You are welcome. I am glad to hear you have been engaged with the community on this forum. I see you have private messaged me. If any other concerns or issues arise, we can continue to communicate via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy
07-16-13, 10:43 AM
I have noticed an issue with climate system in my 2012 SRX. When the system is completely turned off, warm air blows out of the dash vents. A real pain on warmer days when you want to drive with windows open.

300:29:1
07-16-13, 12:26 PM
I have noticed an issue with climate system in my 2012 SRX. When the system is completely turned off, warm air blows out of the dash vents. A real pain on warmer days when you want to drive with windows open.

Me too.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-13, 02:42 PM

Hello Lencarguy,

I apologize your vehicle climate system is malfunctioning. I understand how this could be a pain, especially on warmer days. Please private message me and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage so we can explore our options on resolving your vehicle concern.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Lencarguy
07-17-13, 08:41 AM
Thanks, Laura. Will do.

Shiloh
07-17-13, 10:54 AM
Realizing my a/c hasn't worked properly since we purchased the car in 2010 (2011 SRX). On the hottest days it worked iffy at best. Normally don't drive long trips, mainly around town, so usually prefer open windows and "skylight." Now, heatwave for days on end, and system is blowing only hot air. Tested it yesterday, 100 degrees outside, set to AUTO and LO (actually tested settings from 78 and below before settling on LO) on a 45-minute drive and no a/c at all! Outside air was cooler than in the car! Called dealership and they can't see me until a week from today. My fault for not complaining earlier, I guess. I did print out those bulletins mentioned above (thank you!) and will bring with me to dealership - MacMulkin in NH.

300:29:1
07-17-13, 11:24 AM
Realizing my a/c hasn't worked properly since we purchased the car in 2010 (2011 SRX). On the hottest days it worked iffy at best. Normally don't drive long trips, mainly around town, so usually prefer open windows and "skylight." Now, heatwave for days on end, and system is blowing only hot air. Tested it yesterday, 100 degrees outside, set to AUTO and LO (actually tested settings from 78 and below before settling on LO) on a 45-minute drive and no a/c at all! Outside air was cooler than in the car! Called dealership and they can't see me until a week from today. My fault for not complaining earlier, I guess. I did print out those bulletins mentioned above (thank you!) and will bring with me to dealership - MacMulkin in NH.
WOW! I called my dealer on Monday for a state inspection and was given an appointment for the next day. I was in no rush, but that's what they offered. It would seem that with a problem like you describe, they would find a way to get you in sooner. That's terrible service imo. I hope you can get the problem resolved quickly.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-13, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Laura. Will do.

You are welcome Len. I received your private message and responded back to you. We can continue any further interactions via PM.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello Shiloh,

I am sorry to hear the dealer cannot see you until next week. I understand how having a broken air conditioning unit in this heat can be frustrating. Please let me know how everything goes after the dealership visit.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

halp
07-17-13, 08:46 PM
Just a follow up.
Got my vehicle back today. Receiver / Dryer replaced. Took a long ride and with outside temp at 92 the vehicle was nice and cool in automatic set at 71. The job took about an hour and a half, but it took almost two days to get the part. I did not mind as they gave me a great loaner and no charge for the 1/2 tank of gas that I used.
All in all I am quite pleased with the service even though it started out on a bad note.