: Michelin Pilot Super Sport

JFJr
07-14-13, 03:32 PM
I came from Bridgestone S-04's with 30,000 miles before putting on the Super Sports. Initial reactions are better response and road feel. They are a little harsher riding than the S-04's, even at 30,000 miles, for those more concerned with comfort than performance. But I didn't expect the feeling of less road resistance. The car appears to accelerate quicker. Is that the result of lighter tires (less unsprung weight) or rubber compound differences, or a combination of both?

Jud

baabootoo
07-15-13, 12:05 AM
What are the time tests, or just seat of pants? I just went to the S0-4s, and notice they are better than the PS2s.

Looney100
07-15-13, 09:20 AM
Tire Rack has the PSS amd S-04 first and second in their "Max Performance" category (behind "Extreme performance").

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Jinx
07-15-13, 09:46 AM
Tire Rack also doesn't list any tires for the CTS-V in their Extreme Performance category; does that make PSS the best available right now?

In Corvette land there are two compounds (Z51 and non-Z51); which is CTS-V spec getting? (i.e. is there more to be had from a Z51 compound PSS in the future?)

spearfish25
07-15-13, 10:57 AM
No. Just because tire rack doesn't list an option doesn't mean that's the limitation for the CTS-V. If you don't mind compromising some wet traction, get RE-11s, Advan AD08s, Hankook RS3s....all are extreme performance and come in many sizes.