: Rear windows only work from front door wtf?

carlson_mn
07-14-13, 02:15 PM
Anybody ever heard of this? They work fine from the front door but neither rear door operates them. No, the protective window over-ride switch is not engaged... they don't work in either setting for that matter as far as troubleshooting that switch. I do have a replacement PCM but not sure if they did this with the stock computer... just noticed it actually.

FWIW sometimes the windows/sunroof will act funny when the key is removed but you haven't opened a door yet... if the front windows are going auto-up and you raise the rears, the passenger front window will start going down by itself. Funny stuff hard to describe, luckily not a big deal. Thanks for any insight, maybe somebody else has seen this.

Becker
07-14-13, 04:33 PM
I also have a little bit of issues, my windows will act funny and un responsive when I start the car, it takes maybe 4 or 5 seconds of me hitting up or down for them to do stuff..They are temper mental haha. not sure why..

Manofmetal01
07-14-13, 10:27 PM
My sunroof at times does opposite of what I want.

Andringa
07-15-13, 12:21 AM
I'd start checking electrical grounds in your vehicle. If you are trying to change one window and it makes a different window move you have electrical issues that need to get sorted out.

One of the main ground connections that people have problems with is the negative wire that connects at the base of the hood strut. Search on the forum for more information, but people have had all kinds of random problems that went away when they disconnected that wire cleaned the connection and put a star washer between the frame and wire to improve connectivity.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-15-13, 01:09 PM
Anybody ever heard of this? They work fine from the front door but neither rear door operates them. No, the protective window over-ride switch is not engaged... they don't work in either setting for that matter as far as troubleshooting that switch. I do have a replacement PCM but not sure if they did this with the stock computer... just noticed it actually.

FWIW sometimes the windows/sunroof will act funny when the key is removed but you haven't opened a door yet... if the front windows are going auto-up and you raise the rears, the passenger front window will start going down by itself. Funny stuff hard to describe, luckily not a big deal. Thanks for any insight, maybe somebody else has seen this.

Hello carlson_mn,

I see you have engaged with the community in regards to this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience your window malfunction is causing for you. I see that Andringa offered good advice to your situation. Let me know how things go for you and if you are thinking about taking your vehicle in for a diagnosis at the dealer, I am more than happy to stay involved throughout the process. I can also be contacted via private message to further discuss any issues or concerns.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I also have a little bit of issues, my windows will act funny and un responsive when I start the car, it takes maybe 4 or 5 seconds of me hitting up or down for them to do stuff..They are temper mental haha. not sure why..

Hello Becker,

I have also commented in regards to carlson_mn who created this thread. I apologize for any inconvenience of your windows not operating correctly. Feel free to private message me with how you would like to continue to try and resolve this concern. I can also further discuss any issues or questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care