: 6M V at Hertz

Moneypenny
07-13-13, 04:20 PM
I arrived EWR last night and went to the Hertz garage to pick up my rental. What did I see but a few stalls away from my lowly reserved Altima but a V sedan with a stick shift! I immediately went back inside to inquire about renting it, but it was reserved for someone else. Drat! Anyhoo, I didn't even know Hertz had any of these. So, if your travel plans have you renting a car at Newark, now you know where to look first. :-)

dennych
07-15-13, 06:31 PM
Hertz has a high performance car rental brand which is what it was probably for. Forgot the name

M5eater
07-15-13, 06:36 PM
I work for Avis/ Budget, but I wish I worked for Hertz.

Avis has it's semi-hot wheels brand, but it's still just a bunch of convertible mustangs and camaros.

Hertz has the balls to rent you a V, a Shelby or something with actual substance.

dennych
07-15-13, 09:13 PM
ah, here it is
http://hertzdreamcars.com/

yaymitch
07-16-13, 02:30 AM
I rented a convertible mustang from hertz recently and it was nothing special (v6) but it had a speed limiter on the car of 80MPH so the car would not go any faster than 80. I am wondering if Hertz does this for all of their high end sports car rentals. And this was just a V6.

MoistCabbage
07-16-13, 02:41 AM
If I rented an SLS, and could only do 80, I'd drive it into the front desk...

jsherid1
07-16-13, 12:08 PM
This is the Hertz write up of the CTS-V

In the CTS-V, Cadillac has created a refined luxury sedan with a heart of brutality. A supercharged V8, Recaro sport seats, a Brembo brakes package, and a limited-slip differential put this car in the company of the world’s most aggressive performance machines.

Heart of Brutality indeed!

1997BlackETC
07-16-13, 12:19 PM
Pretty cool. Looks like very limited locations though they rent these sort of cars. I noticed you can Rent a Mercedes E63AMG for 300 bucks a day but only around Miami Florida and Ft. Lauderdale, that's it. Might be interesting for somebody though wanting to compare the V to the Merc to try it out if they were gonna be in Fla anyhow. I notice they rent the V in NYC, Florida certain locations, again very limited locations, but it's $169 per day, lot's less than the Merc. You can even rent Ferarris and Aston Martins.

M5eater
07-16-13, 01:37 PM
If I rented an SLS, and could only do 80, I'd drive it into the front desk...

Not at all. I would limit them to 60 mph if I were renting them. I can only speculate that they probaly don't even offer the same kind of 0$ deductible damage waiver or $2 million liability polcies for these vehicles like they do their more pedestrian offerings.

I can't possibly imagine the claim payouts on a possibly neg. entrust claim with some idiot in an SLS doing 160 carrying 2million worth of coverage and then getting out scott free writing off a $200K Sports car and seriously injuring any number of people all in a $1K rental.