: water in rear floor and dripping from door when its open?

silver02ta
07-13-13, 03:33 PM
wth.....every time it rains my back passenger rear floor board is flooded and when i open the door water drips out of bottom of door?? I thought it was a bad door seal but why does it get IN the door?

Alden's Daddy
07-13-13, 04:23 PM
I had this problem on a different car. Popped out the door seal and found drain hole in the bottom of the door clogged.

silver02ta
07-13-13, 05:32 PM
ill have to look for a drain plug....

ddalder
07-13-13, 09:12 PM
This inside of the door is designed to be a "wet cavity" so water getting into the door is quite normal. I've had this problem with many vehicles. If you remove the interior door panel you should find a plastic "water deflector" panel that is supposed to be sealed to the sheet metal of the door. Sometimes these come away from the door and water will end up leaking into the interior of the car. I haven't done a write-up specifically for the STS, but I did for my Bonneville. The principle however is the same. Here's the link...

http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/interior/topic11470.html

This may or may not be your problem, but it's worth a look because it does seem to be fairly common in GM cars. As already mentioned, be sure your drains are free of debris.

MoistCabbage
07-13-13, 09:54 PM
Does your car have a sunroof?

EChas3
07-13-13, 11:17 PM
^^^ There's a pair of drains that run out via the back deck/trunk space. If one of these were clogged, I could envision water ending up on the back floor.