: Just Bought-How many CD's in CD Player

Stoofpilot
07-13-13, 02:52 PM
Just got our new XTS and tried to load multiple CD's. would only take one. Is this really a single CD changer?

Cadjiek
07-13-13, 03:18 PM
Just one CD that's it. I guess they feel they aren't that high tech any more.

flying fossil
07-14-13, 02:02 PM
You may want to look at the user manual. I has a lot of nice info.

ddawson
07-14-13, 02:17 PM
The first thing to do after buying a car is "read the manual". That's why they print them.

Stoofpilot
07-14-13, 04:41 PM
I did and it tells you how to load "A" CD but never mentions outright that it is single player. In any case, I loaded all our music on one flash drive.

gohawks63
07-20-13, 10:24 AM
Just got our new XTS and tried to load multiple CD's. would only take one. Is this really a single CD changer?

Not sure about the XTS, but the CTS has a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that essentially eliminated the need for a CD changer. You simply record your CDs to the HDD and the music is there for as long as you want it. You are no longer limited to "just" 6 CDs.

I would imagine the XTS has this available too.

You can also store all your music on a thumb drive and plug it into the USB port.

I have close to my entire music collection CDs and iTunes stored on my HDD and have only filled up about 2/3 of it.

Ernie Short
07-20-13, 03:33 PM
I have a 2013 XTS Platinum and Cadillac only offers a single CD player and it isn't even listed on the invoice. Guess they figured with XM, Pandora, HD radio and usb a single CD player would be sufficient.

Stoofpilot
07-20-13, 05:09 PM
Thank you Ernie. I feel the same way. Ignore the smart ass answer about reading the manual. Cadillac was not clear on the CD.

ddawson
07-20-13, 08:16 PM
Thank you Ernie. I feel the same way. Ignore the smart ass answer about reading the manual. Cadillac was not clear on the CD.I just read your biography. Thanks for your service and I apologize.