Oooh, i thought it stod for, "a BuLShit car"

I'm curious, why do you feel this way?

airbalancer
04-05-05, 03:32 PM
How about Basement Luxury Sedan

fleetwood76
04-05-05, 04:27 PM
Hello Megeebee.
Well, i live in sweden and likes, and drive a car that is 6 meters long, and are surronded with "european sized cars" for example the saab 9-3.
So the last thing i want is that the caddys shrink even more.
I also think that cadillac schouldn have "remake" the wonderful emblem they had pre 2002.
The new sharp bodylines of cadillac does not look to bad, it's just that in my word, do real cadillacs not look like that, but as i have wrote before, I'm stuck in the seventees cars.

69CDV
04-07-05, 04:04 AM
So it doesn't stand for Brougham Luxury Sedan?

On another note: How come Cadillac is going from the good old names to these cryptic letters? I never really liked how BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. used letters and numbers to designate their cars. I mean... How much visual character can you pull from 328i, 944S, or CLK230? You hear "deVille", you think "Classy, yet casual." You read "Brougham", you think "Comfortable land yacht."

Jesda
04-12-05, 02:50 AM
Britain's Lesser Sedan

Rauf
04-15-05, 05:02 PM
B-Series Luxury Sedan

adam_mcd
04-22-05, 08:08 PM
ill be honest with you, i dont know any mercedes because of all the damn numbers and letters. is it that i dont enjoy mercedes or am i just too american? doesnt the C in CTS stand for catera? what a crappy car.

Rauf
04-23-05, 12:18 AM
doesnt the C in CTS stand for catera?

I've sent a letter to a Cadillac official a year ago and received the following answer:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in learning what our abbreviations mean. As you will notice, there is a strategy behind the structure...

Our nomenclature breaks down as follows:
XLR: X-series luxury roadster
CTS: C-series touring sedan
SRX: S-series reconfigurable crossover
STS: S-series touring sedan
DeVille DHS: DeVille high-luxury sedan
DeVille DTS: DeVille touring sedan
Escalade SUV: Sport utility vehicle
Escalade ESV: Escalade stretch vehicle
Escalade EXT: Escalade crossover truck
V-Series: High performance vehicles

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nekeidra Shegog
Cadillac Communications
313.268.8371 cell

So, the BLS stands for B-series Luxury Sedan.

Incendiary
04-25-05, 06:02 PM
How long is this car?

Rauf
04-26-05, 09:31 AM
How long is this car?

184 inches.

Incendiary
04-27-05, 02:03 AM
184" is pretty big for a B-segment car... B-series would be more fitting with the rest of the Cadillac nomenclature. Or maybe it's actually Baby (for Cadillac) Luxury Saloon...

weister42
05-02-05, 05:21 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_geneva/caddybls/images/3.jpg
I think this can compete with Japanese imports if they make it over to the US, pretty nice little car IMO and looks like the next Catera without the failure:yup:

I'd take the 2.8 V6 and make it fast and furious...

Stag
06-13-05, 10:01 AM
B itchin'
L ittle
S edan

:D

bharner
06-24-05, 04:01 PM
BLS: Boot Legg-series

Raze
06-28-05, 02:32 PM
Big Lump of Sh!t,

Seriously though I actually like the lines of this car more than the CTS. To me the CTS has always been too narrow and tall, the rear end is especially ugly. The new STS is much better because it's much wider and they didn't get carried away with the height but the rear end still rides way up in the air (I took one for a test drive and it reminded me of my father's dodge intrepid that slopes uphill in the rear really bad giving you terrible visiblity out the back). Quite honestly I'd take the BLS before I touched any of the other sedans Caddy now makes (I'm a coupe guy anyway).

davesdeville
06-29-05, 03:42 AM
I don't think this was a contest so see who could come up with what it meant... though we've had our share of dumb suggestions.

JimHare
06-29-05, 04:46 PM
So it doesn't stand for Brougham Luxury Sedan?

On another note: How come Cadillac is going from the good old names to these cryptic letters? I never really liked how BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. used letters and numbers to designate their cars. I mean... How much visual character can you pull from 328i, 944S, or CLK230? You hear "deVille", you think "Classy, yet casual." You read "Brougham", you think "Comfortable land yacht."

I would bet that globalization has something to do with it..."328i" is pretty straightforward in it's meaning - 3.28 liters of something or other...remember, Deville is French for "(of) the city"..so to a Frenchman, Deville means the same thing as "urban" to us..How'd you like to drive a "Cadillac Urban"...??

Remember the faux pas that Chevy had trying to sell their Nova in Spanish-speaking countries without changing the name.... :bonkers:

davesdeville
06-29-05, 07:06 PM
Or the Buick Lacrosse wherever it meant "pleasuring ones self." The 3 series isn't that straightforward unfortunately, the 325i and 330i are both 3.0, the 325Ci Coupe is a 2.5 while the 330Ci is a 3.0 again... And an SL600 is 5.5L. I really don't get it. A better example would be LS430 means 4.3L.

Incendiary
07-06-05, 08:19 AM
I would bet that globalization has something to do with it..."328i" is pretty straightforward in it's meaning - 3.28 liters of something or other...remember, Deville is French for "(of) the city"..so to a Frenchman, Deville means the same thing as "urban" to us..How'd you like to drive a "Cadillac Urban"...??

Remember the faux pas that Chevy had trying to sell their Nova in Spanish-speaking countries without changing the name.... :bonkers:

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

Aperformance
02-13-06, 07:57 PM
Oooh, i thought it stod for, "a BuLShit car"

Me too....

gothicaleigh
02-15-06, 02:08 PM
Nevermind that it will probably outperform and be better put together than many of the Caddys you drive currently, it is small so it must be bad! Grr. Hiss. Angst. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I hope it does well.
...and it's pronounced "bliss". ;)

davesdeville
02-19-06, 04:25 AM
Nevermind that it will probably outperform and be better put together than many of the Caddys you drive currently, it is small so it must be bad! Grr. Hiss. Angst. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I hope it does well.
...and it's pronounced "bliss". ;)

I don't think I'll be running across one at a stoplight any time soon. Plus 255hp even in a light car like that isn't exactly going to blow away an L37 car.

But then again why am I saying anything here, I like the BLS.

weetbixkid
03-21-06, 09:19 AM
I kinda like the BLS and I hate that we have to wait until the next generation to see it in America. I'm not sure if "B-series" or "B-segment" means anything to Americans. Regardless of Cadillac's "official" answer, there's no denying that CTS and STS are influenced by the names Catera and Seville, respectively (just as LG comes from the names Lucky and Goldstar, but they claim LG stands for nothing). I think many Americans will have trouble associating the name without something for it to stand for.

70eldo
04-07-06, 04:47 AM
Better Looking Saab :D

Tuner@A&ACorvette
04-12-06, 01:12 AM
:thumbsup:
B-Segment Luxury Sedan

07slade
04-13-06, 09:03 PM
Big Loser Sedan.

harryctsv
04-14-06, 02:32 AM
Big Loser Sedan.

Did you see one? Did you drove one?

Harry

subiemech85
08-04-06, 10:26 PM
bih'n lil' saab :bling:

I'll keep my :eye: on it

I would love to have a diesel with manual trans!!

N0DIH
11-18-06, 11:33 AM
Personally I don't think it really appeals to the Cadillac owners of the US desires. It can stay in Europe....

We have the CTS, why do we need a BLS?

nigelb
11-27-06, 04:30 PM
not seen one driving anywhere, not seen a srx or a cts either.
all are supposedly available here in the uk.
3 miles away is a dealer, stratstone, they've recently pulled all the cadillacs from the showroom and replaced them with jaguars.
but thats what happens when the company that makes a series of cars can't be bothered to run a national advertising campaign.

bigboi00069
12-03-06, 04:06 PM
Biarritz Touring Sedan? i dunno....

Benzilla
12-13-06, 11:40 AM
My Dad said when they bring them to the US he'll trade in his sentra. He can have one, wayyy to small for me.