: Fob not found message

bernman402
07-12-13, 07:17 PM
I stopped and left my 2012 SRX for 5 minutes and when I returned the car would not start. I noticed a no fob found message but all the dials lite and when I pressed start the gauges moved but car would not turn over.
I opened the drivers door and the car started. Has this happened to anyone else? The car seems fine now.

'12CTSman
07-12-13, 09:02 PM
I stopped and left my 2012 SRX for 5 minutes and when I returned the car would not start. I noticed a no fob found message but all the dials lite and when I pressed start the gauges moved but car would not turn over.
I opened the drivers door and the car started. Has this happened to anyone else? The car seems fine now.

It is quite possible there was some RFID interference from an alarm system at a store or general security system from a shopping center. This has happened to me several times in both GM and non-GM vehicles.

retcad
07-13-13, 12:19 PM
Hi Bernman

I also got this message a couple of times, but the car started. I think CTSman's response is a good possibility. Also, on a few occasions when I leave the car for a few minutes to get the paper, the horn will give 3 short beeps when I get back in. This only happens once in a great while and I could never figure out why.

Also, speaking of fobs, I'll occasionally pull my keys out of my pocket and the fob will come off the door key. My other keys must push on the fob's release button. If I lost it and was far from home, I'd be up bleep's creek. I wish the door key was also able to start the car if such as emergency arose.

Be good to yourself and your Caddy!