: Possible Free Intake for a SO Cal CTS-V Owner

warmwater
07-12-13, 05:13 PM
Possible Freebie for a lucky So CAL CTS-V owner

I was checking out intakes and ran across http://volant.com/ and put in the V and this came up.
If I was in So Cal I would be happy to come over to Volant and get an Intake built for the V.

Enjoy and hope this helps someone

Cadillac CTSV
Product #: Wanted for check fit
Engine: 6.2L
Year: 11-13
Live in the Southern California area? Would you like a free intake system? Contact us at (909) 481-3888 for details.

dennych
07-12-13, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
If any other socal people would like to try.

http://volant.com/checkfit.asp

more details

"Volant Cool Air Intake R&D department may need your car, truck, SUV, or van for prototyping Performance Intake Kits.

If you own one of the listed vehicles, live near Rancho Cucamonga, California, and are willing to leave your vehicle with us for 1-5 working days, please complete the form below. Please list all modifications that you have made to your vehicle. Anyone allowing Volant's R&D department to use their car, truck, SUV, or van for kit development will be compensated with a FREE air intake kit once the kit goes into production.The vehicle needs to be present at Volant in order to check fit and modify any changes if needed on the vehicle. Vehicles needed preferably Southern California.
"

Jeff James
07-13-13, 12:46 PM
I did this with Spectre last year and have the first production unit. I had to go South and rent a car but since I had business in LA it worked out great. Spectre would have even rented the car for me if I needed. Someone needs to jump on this and take advantage. How often does one get FREE SH-- for your V?

Random84
07-13-13, 01:06 PM
How often does one get FREE SH-- for your V?

I just make friends with other V-owners in the area, and then offer to house-sit when they go on vacation. I get all kinds of free sh!t that way - works great, and it's typically an all-you-can-eat buffet depending on what's in the fridge!

FireCaddy
07-13-13, 01:15 PM
I'm a new V owner as of yesterday and wish I lived in the area. Good luck to the lucky winner

dennych
07-14-13, 12:38 AM
I already have an airaid in a box so I'm on the fence if they give me offer? Any opinions on their CAIs?

SoCalCTSV
07-15-13, 08:50 PM
Airaid is proven. Suck it up and put that thing in! You can do it!

dennych
07-15-13, 10:18 PM
Airaid is proven. Suck it up and put that thing in! You can do it!

Right before I mess up the install? ;)
But yeah... time to do it. Baby's been sitting in a box too long

Arca500
07-22-13, 02:37 PM
Volant makes a great product. They make them for Gen1 V's already. In my opinion, they are one of the better CAI manufacturers. I was surprised to see they didn't have an application for the Gen2 V.

Razorecko
07-22-13, 05:47 PM
Volant makes a great cai. But they're @sshats. I've been em'ng them since '09 to make a box for our v2's. Their reply was its "under development" two years later I got the real answer " there isnt enough of a market "....so now when V3's will be out soon their jumping on the V2 wagon ? I wouldnt hold my breath, get the airraid. This thing will be in development for another couple years.

warmwater
07-22-13, 07:47 PM
Congrats on the new VCoupe FireCaddy!

Razorecko
07-22-13, 08:23 PM
Oh and the 'isnt enough market' comment was directly from the owner forwarded to me from the tech guy. lol, obviously i was buggin them plenty for a cai. I had one of their cai's for my old Jeep srt8 and it was perfect. A shame.