: Exhaust questions

fonzo10
07-12-13, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, Im thinking of changing out my mufflers on my 2011 cts coupe. And I was wondering what the dimensions are of the mufflers I need to get or the product numbers. Because I called a muffler shop and they are quoting me $150 a muffler, which seems a little high for me. I also was wondering if it was a good idea to add a X-pipe?

krenzema
07-12-13, 03:00 PM
Borla axilback from autoanything for $700. Sounds great on my coupe, but definately keep the stock crossover... For now.

fonzo10
07-12-13, 03:47 PM
Borla axilback from autoanything for $700. Sounds great on my coupe, but definately keep the stock crossover... For now.

man thats a little more than I want to spend. I told the shop I would buy the mufflers and take it to them to get installed because I see them online for $80 each all day. But they couldnt or wouldnt tell me the part number so Im not sure of which one to buy.

krenzema
07-14-13, 10:50 AM
Borla was expensive, but there is no drone. Good luck bolting up aftermarket mufflers that don't annoy the hell out of you at highway speeds...

fonzo10
07-15-13, 12:23 PM
Borla was expensive, but there is no drone. Good luck bolting up aftermarket mufflers that don't annoy the hell out of you at highway speeds...

went with a x-pipe and upgraded the pipe to 2.5 inch front to back and added 2 magnaflow mufflers at the very back, paid $420. Sounds mean!