: Left Rear Rattle

Cadjiek
07-12-13, 01:17 PM
I have developed a metallic sounding rattle coming from the left rear suspension area. Very pronounced when backing up into my driveway. It's not very noticeable over repaired surfaces but is on harsh dips in the road. We can duplicate the noise when bouncing the back of the car up and down by hand. I'll take it in and let you members know what the problem is just in case it happens to you.

longslim
07-12-13, 02:44 PM
My noise was on the front and it was a shock not bolted down and it was rubbing. We clearly heard the clicking of the bolt if you went over a speed bump or made a right turn.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-13, 03:15 PM
I have developed a metallic sounding rattle coming from the left rear suspension area. Very pronounced when backing up into my driveway. It's not very noticeable over repaired surfaces but is on harsh dips in the road. We can duplicate the noise when bouncing the back of the car up and down by hand. I'll take it in and let you members know what the problem is just in case it happens to you.

Hello Cadjiek,

I am sorry to hear about your vehicle rattle. I see you are planning to take your vehicle into the dealership and then inform the community of the outcome. I will be sure to be on the lookout as well. Please get a hold of us via private message if you would like to further discuss concerns or have any questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadjiek
07-16-13, 03:28 PM
They have replaced the rear shock but it didn't fix the noise. Right now they are a little stumped but are continuing find out what it is that's rattling. My personal opinion is a bushing somewhere.

Cadjiek
07-18-13, 02:58 PM
Still no fix. The quality brand manager is coming to look at it tomorrow. Oh well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 04:16 PM
Still no fix. The quality brand manager is coming to look at it tomorrow. Oh well.

Hello Cadjiek,

I am sorry to hear your vehicle issue is still not resolved. Please continue to update me after the brand manager checks it out.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadjiek
07-19-13, 02:17 PM
Got my car back today and all is quiet and smooth again. GM engineer diagnosed the problem. They needed to remove both rear springs to lube the mounts. Noise gone. Reassembled rear springs. Apparently this was a first for my dealership for this type of problem. I ask the service mgr if this was going to become a regular maintenance item and he said sure hopes not. Nice to have my XTS back. Had a 2013 CTS 3.6 AWD as a loaner. No comparison.

ddawson
07-19-13, 03:35 PM
Got my car back today and all is quiet and smooth again. GM engineer diagnosed the problem. They needed to remove both rear springs to lube the mounts. Noise gone. Reassembled rear springs. Apparently this was a first for my dealership for this type of problem. I ask the service mgr if this was going to become a regular maintenance item and he said sure hopes not. Nice to have my XTS back. Had a 2013 CTS 3.6 AWD as a loaner. No comparison.That's the kind if results I like to hear.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-13, 04:43 PM
Got my car back today and all is quiet and smooth again. GM engineer diagnosed the problem. They needed to remove both rear springs to lube the mounts. Noise gone. Reassembled rear springs. Apparently this was a first for my dealership for this type of problem. I ask the service mgr if this was going to become a regular maintenance item and he said sure hopes not. Nice to have my XTS back. Had a 2013 CTS 3.6 AWD as a loaner. No comparison.

Hello Cadjiek,

I am happy to hear the dealer was able to resolve your vehicle concern and the car is quiet and smooth again. Glad your XTS is back in your hands and you are able to enjoy driving your Cadillac again. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if needed!

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

herbiep
12-03-13, 06:42 PM
I also have same sound in rear end of my 2013 XTS. I have had to dealer several times, and they replaced rear shock, (no change), put a clip in the rear headliner, (which does not fit up properly, still same noise. I am taking it in to deal next week, and if no results, time to call in Cadillac engineer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-05-13, 01:23 PM
I also have same sound in rear end of my 2013 XTS. I have had to dealer several times, and they replaced rear shock, (no change), put a clip in the rear headliner, (which does not fit up properly, still same noise. I am taking it in to deal next week, and if no results, time to call in Cadillac engineer.

Hi herbiep,

I understand an ongoing vehicle rattle can be frustrating to deal with. I see you have been in contact with your dealer trying to resolve this. Please send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care