: 2010 SRX Navigation Update

christopher7
07-12-13, 12:10 PM
I just bought a 2010 SRX w/ Nav and I was sorely disappointed when I was informed that I had to buy a DVD to update the system. I was even more upset when I found out that it would be $200 to buy the 2013 update! Is there any way around this? Can I somehow reboot the system as is and use the current update that is on the HDD now without a DVD? It is stuck on the same screen as of right now.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-13, 06:54 PM
I just bought a 2010 SRX w/ Nav and I was sorely disappointed when I was informed that I had to buy a DVD to update the system. I was even more upset when I found out that it would be $200 to buy the 2013 update! Is there any way around this? Can I somehow reboot the system as is and use the current update that is on the HDD now without a DVD? It is stuck on the same screen as of right now.
Hello christopher7,

Congratulations on your new vehicle! I apologize that you are not happy with the Nav system in your SRX. From what I am seeing in the navigation manual for your vehicle, that is the only way to update the navigation system. If you would like, I could contact the dealership on your behalf and inquire to them if there is any other alternative way. Please email me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, dealership you would like me to contact, and a brief description of your concern again so I can tie it back to this post. You can send your email to socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time and I hope you are enjoying your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Ufgators
08-26-13, 07:33 PM
How can we load another image on the welcome screen instead of the cadi logo?

GEORGEC
08-27-13, 07:50 AM
Is your problem that you want an update, or is it also that the unit is not working? Your post reads like the unit is ;not working. It should not need an update to word.

Ballard
10-14-13, 09:09 PM
I received an offer from Cadillac for $159.00 for the Navigation update . I guess that 159.00 for an update isn't too expensive....since I have had this vehicle since June 2010 . Ballard

300:29:1
10-15-13, 06:46 AM
I received an offer from Cadillac for $159.00 for the Navigation update . I guess that 159.00 for an update isn't too expensive....since I have had this vehicle since June 2010 . Ballard
We've been discussing that update in another thread. For someone with a 2010 map, it makes good sense to me. For my 2012 it's a bit of a hard justification. I would say you should get the map update. If you do, please let us know how you like it.

zinner
10-15-13, 11:14 PM
Yes it's a rip but you have no choice and GM knows it.

stevec5375
10-16-13, 04:03 PM
Yes it's a rip but you have no choice and GM knows it.

GM knows it and I know it. Which is precisely why this is my last Caddy. I have little occasion to use my Nav and can't justify paying for an update when I can just use my Samsung Galaxy Note II and Google Maps FOR FREE. Plus, the map is always up to date. I'm glad I don't have to rely on an in-car Nav for work.

dcc8203
10-16-13, 04:36 PM
GM knows it and I know it. Which is precisely why this is my last Caddy. I have little occasion to use my Nav and can't justify paying for an update when I can just use my Samsung Galaxy Note II and Google Maps FOR FREE. Plus, the map is always up to date. I'm glad I don't have to rely on an in-car Nav for work.

When you find the luxury brand that gives away map updates, please let me know.

300:29:1
10-16-13, 04:37 PM
Or any automaker for that matter.

stevec5375
10-16-13, 04:56 PM

I wasn't implying that any of the luxury brands "give away" their map updates. Although for what some of the vehicles cost, they should. I was just stating that I'm not paying for it when I have a phone that does it better for free. My low usage just doesn't justify the price in my case. IMHO

dcc8203
10-16-13, 07:25 PM
I wasn't implying that any of the luxury brands "give away" their map updates. Although for what some of the vehicles cost, they should. I was just stating that I'm not paying for it when I have a phone that does it better for free. My low usage just doesn't justify the price in my case. IMHO

That's all well and good and many agree with you. Your OP made it sound like you were going to use the fact that Cadillac charges for map updates as the deciding point to never buy another Caddy. That seems goofy to me.