: Weird Driver Door locking issue

clk199
07-11-13, 11:39 PM
A weird issue on my EXT. I need to get it to the shop for a few warranty things, and just noticed this door locking issue. I tried to open the door when it was locked (my vette and wifes car open without using the fob) and when I did it, I was surprised to see the door ajar a bit, but not completely, and also the alarm went off. I thought it may have been a fluke, but when I tried it again, it did the same thing. I couldnt open the door, but it did pop open a tad.. kinda like when you dont close it completely. I tried the rear door, and it remained properly locked.Anyone else hear of such an issue?-nate

hcvone
07-12-13, 07:26 AM
A weird issue on my EXT. I need to get it to the shop for a few warranty things, and just noticed this door locking issue. I tried to open the door when it was locked (my vette and wifes car open without using the fob) and when I did it, I was surprised to see the door ajar a bit, but not completely, and also the alarm went off. I thought it may have been a fluke, but when I tried it again, it did the same thing. I couldnt open the door, but it did pop open a tad.. kinda like when you dont close it completely. I tried the rear door, and it remained properly locked.Anyone else hear of such an issue?-nate

Check the latch and post for that door and make sure both are tight, that maybe the cause