: Why I have quit this forum

Sandy
02-24-05, 12:53 PM
I have left, with the exception of checking the FWD "C" body 1989-1993 M.Y. section, and my Private Messages. I have recieved e-mails from several good people who have missed me. I owe others an explanation, but of course, they don't care, because I'm old.

This is a Cadillac Board first & foremost, and a "CAR"-board: secondly. I have helped and assisted many fine folks on here with my vast production records as well as color usage reports and some funny wit.

I am 58 years. I am so far from being "old" - the differance is like that between an elephant and a frog. I have (probably) more hair (BROWN) and less facial wrinkles than many 40-somethings on here. Yet, I am only a year & 9 months from 60. I am sick & tired of my generation being referred to as "Blue-Hairs" - "Old Farts" "Geezers", etc, etc. I would NEVER refer to those good members herein that are under 21 as "Young Punks" or other non-complimentery inuedos.
I am on a 1958-1960 Thunderbird site ("Squarebirds") and a Lincoln Mark 8 site & a Lincoln Town Car Site, and a Buick site & an Imperial site & nothing like that goes on there. Everyone is made to feel as an equal, whether 85 or 15. When you have a common interest, or a common love with others what does age matter?

Politics: Know why there's a curtain on a voting booth????
CAUSE IT'S PRIVATE.... DUH...... :helpless:

Religion: Religion should NOT be allowed on here. It's a CAR BOARD. If you were to go to a religious site, I'll bet you they are NOT talking about Cadillacs!!!!!!! The Religious fanatics on here are NOT gonna convert me to their religion, and I don't wanna convert them to mine! Religion should be private + personal.
I have no problem with Gays or Lesbians, either. Nobody on here is gonna change them, no more than straights are gonna be converted to homosexuality. Live & let live. I am married 24 years & have a 21 Y.O.

I voted YES to RB. Why? Because NOBODY else on here is doing a decent job of moderating this place to the levels that would mirror the levels that should be associated with the prestgious name associated with CADILLAC,
BODY-BY-FLEETWOOD, FISHER BODY, or SIXTY SPECIAL.
Maybe - just maybe RB would step up to the plate, grow into the posistion overnight and surprise the dugout.

To those who have ever watched (or who do watch) "American Idol" you've heard Brian Seagrist say..... "Seagrist...OUT' Right ? That in mind ....

"Sandy ...... OUT"

Stoneage_Caddy
02-24-05, 12:59 PM
This is no good ......

No good at all .....

And just when i thought we might have restored your faith in this place ......that whole deal in the political forums hit .....

I for one appologize ....

I call for the closeing of the political forums ....I want No more of this happening ....Were looseing/lost a great member

D-town lac
02-24-05, 01:17 PM
blue hair.. i laugh everytime i hear that term. he is right politics do mess up car message boards

Elvis
02-24-05, 01:37 PM
Damn, I always miss the good stuff. I was unaware that there were problems, Sandy, and I'm really sorry you're this angry about whatever happened.

It's not worth leaving over. Your value to this community is far greater than you realize. It's very easy to get mad and confuse an internet bulletin board with reality.

Tempers escalate from time to time, but you have to remember that the reason things are more likely to get out of hand is because of the anonymity of the internet. People say and do things that they wouldn't DREAM of saying or doing in real life.

This is why they shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I hope that in time you'll reconsider and re-join us. You'll be missed.

onbagz2002
02-24-05, 03:24 PM
C YAAAA :drinker :dance: :banana: :2thumbs: :littlewes :gnome: :cycle:

Ralph
02-24-05, 03:42 PM
It's not worth leaving over. Your value to this community is far greater than you realize. It's very easy to get mad and confuse an internet bulletin board with reality.

Tempers escalate from time to time, but you have to remember that the reason things are more likely to get out of hand is because of the anonymity of the internet. People say and do things that they wouldn't DREAM of saying or doing in real life.

This is why they shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I hope that in time you'll reconsider and re-join us. You'll be missed.

I second this thought EXACTLY! I for one don't think it's worth leaving over and Sandy has a lot of friends here and is a valued resource. I think in turn, Sandy, you have the respect of everyone here and if someone has nerve enough to label someone here specifically for age then they WILL be noticed and I would personally come down hard on them! You certainlt ARE NOT OLD, and I wouldn't let peoples personal opibnions in the "other" forum bother you. It's been VERY educational in that forum and I don't want to see you or it go away! 99% of the posts there are very enlightening and I'm happy to be able to discuss those issues with intelligent people like those we know here!

I don't want to see the loss of that forum because of the mention of Religion.

So for now on NO MORE RELIGION DISCUSSION in the CI!

OK!! Everyone!! If the rules are followed (and they have worked well) everything should run smooth as it has for the most part, but perhaps more heavy handed moderation could take place for this personal topic alone?

I LOVE the CI FORUM! I refuse to give up on it!

Sandy, you don't have to answer to those people who might offend, you know WE would step in. :sneaky: It's like family around here for the most part. and if that forum is bothering you, avert your eyes and don't worry about it.

BeelzeBob
02-24-05, 05:17 PM
Two reasons why you don't have these 'kids' saying nasty things on the other boards you visit.

#1. Those other boards are small.
#2. They don't attract a young audience like Cadillac has.

In any event, I don't like to hear that people are saying anything nasty to any particular group. I find it unfortunate that we've got that kind of talk going on here and I'd appreciate it if it would stop. Unfortunately, there's no way of seeing every post, every day.

If you don't like to Politics area, stay out of it. I don't like it either - so I very rarely ever go there. The only time I'm in there is when I get a complaint and I have to go look. I don't like political talk either - but when dealing with automobiles, it's sometimes hard to avoid. So, we added a forum and - yes - it's probably gotten out of hand. I'd rather have only automotive politics discussed in that area. However, not everyone would agree with me.

Fortunately for those who like to talk politics, this forum has quite a few people that like to get into it. Since I don't like making moves around here without atleast hearing what our members want, I wont just go ahead and shut down that area or change the way things have been going..

Sandy. You should stay here - and you should do as I do - avoid the political nonsense. And when you get these blue-hair, etc comments, let me know.. I wont allow people to be offensive to others in the forums... In fact, there's a rule against it...

Ralph
02-24-05, 07:04 PM
Another thought. Look at RB! He gets the "age" cracks all the time. Words like "sandbox" and "Sesame Street" are probably burned into his psyche and despite this he still gives his opinion and even wants to be a Mod!! I also think everyone needs to be considered an equal in their opinions and respected as well despite how old one might be.

I think it all comes down as to how we perceive statements and if we think they are an insult or not. I know that we cannot worry about not offending everyone because someone always will be offended no matter how delicately we say something.

Perception is a big aspect and you will probably experience it on the Lincoln Forum or ANY other Forum for that matter. I've looked at other Forums and this one has to be the most civil I have read!

Just avoid the "political nonsense" and stick around! Don't abandon your friends either! :devil: ;)

Besides, think of all the Natty avatars you will miss! I just found ANOTHER NEW BATCH and I KNOW EVERYONE is desperately looking foreward to seeing all of them! :sneaky: Well, they have no choice really. :D :farting: :nyanya:

illumina
02-24-05, 07:33 PM
Besides, think of all the Natty avatars you will miss! I just found ANOTHER NEW BATCH and I KNOW EVERYONE is desperately looking foreward to seeing all of them! :sneaky: Well, they have no choice really. :D :farting: :nyanya:

You see, this is why I have been around this long. I'm an ugly loser that needs to get a life that everyone hates...(With the exception of a few (Ralph, Stoney, that's about it...Geez, only two people here like me... :crying: ...I need to go away too, huh?))...:D What in the Hell have I spent on over 1500 posts?

But those Natty pictures keep me breathing...Alot...Too much...Anyone have a picture of the Zima guy?

Ralph
02-24-05, 07:37 PM
You see, this is why I have been around this long. I'm an ugly loser that needs to get a life that everyone hates...(With the exception of a few (Ralph, Stoney, that's about it...Geez, only two people here like me... :crying: ...I need to go away too, huh?)...:D

Geez, I gotta start group therapy sessions for you guys and put my psychology to good use here!! LOL! Don't talk like that! You're more cool than most here! Damn, if only I had the guts to rip appart my 4.9 and the cahonies to install a supercharger on my own! :hmm:

Naw, I'd buy a Camaro to do that on. :coolgleam

Ralph
02-24-05, 07:38 PM
.Anyone have a picture of the Zima guy?

Don't know what that is but I aint goin' there! :p

illumina
02-24-05, 07:42 PM
Geez, I gotta start group therapy sessions for you guys and put my psychology to good use here!! LOL! Don't talk like that! You're more cool than most here! Damn, if only I had the guts to rip appart my 4.9 and the cahonies to install a supercharger on my own! :hmm:

Naw, I'd buy a Camaro to do that on. :coolgleam

Not a supercharger yet...It's supposed to be a turbocharger at that. And with that damned accident, that project will be pushed bach a bit...:nono:

Thing is, I'm taking some psychology courses at the moment, and guess what? I have depression! That's right, I am clinically depressed :bonkers: . Not that anyone cares though. :p

I wonder though, what would your rates for the therapy be Ralph? I hope they wouldn't be too expensive.

illumina
02-24-05, 07:44 PM
Don't know what that is but I aint goin' there! :p

It's an old bit on Married With Children that Bud used to keep his chastity when he was around a real pretty girl in one episode "think of the Zima guy."

turbojimmy
02-24-05, 08:01 PM
If you don't like to Politics area, stay out of it. I don't like it either - so I very rarely ever go there.

That's easy to say and very hard to do. Those of us who hit the "New Posts" button frequently need to sort through all the crap. As the 2004 presidential race heated up many of the boards I frequent added 'political' forums to address the differences among the members' opinoins that were rearing their ugly heads in the lounges. Unfortunately, the discussion in these 'political' forums has turned into religion and other topics that tend to divide the masses. Without exception, communities - large communities - of people who share common interests in particular vehicles have turned on each other. It was, and is, really sad to watch. People I thought I knew pretty well (though haven't met in person) and for whom I had a great deal of respect for suddenly showed a side I hadn't realized they had. The dynamics of all the boards in question really changed. I no longer go to boards where I had accumulated thousands of posts, and where I thought I had made a number of friends.

I'm with Sandy. This is a car board - specifically a Cadillac board. Religion and Politics have no place here. There are countless other places to pontificate on your political and religious views without contaminating the spirit of community among car folk.

Jim

majax
02-24-05, 08:43 PM
Not that anyone cares though. :p

You won't be depressed if you stop thinking that. :bighead:

AS far as age discrimintaion, I have never dealt with or been discriminated for being 15. I don't know who called Sandy "old". Anyways, you only get wiser the older you get.:p Please stay Sandy, someone needs to defend Lincoln;)

We should start a phsycology forum, with Sigman Ralphoid. By the way, the political forum I think is a great place for the regulars to debate. I like it, not that I go there often. No one wants to have to go to a different forum.

Ralph
02-24-05, 08:44 PM
That's easy to say and very hard to do. Those of us who hit the "New Posts" button frequently need to sort through all the crap. As the 2004 presidential race heated up many of the boards I frequent added 'political' forums to address the differences among the members' opinoins that were rearing their ugly heads in the lounges. Unfortunately, the discussion in these 'political' forums has turned into religion and other topics that tend to divide the masses. Without exception, communities - large communities - of people who share common interests in particular vehicles have turned on each other. It was, and is, really sad to watch. People I thought I knew pretty well (though haven't met in person) and for whom I had a great deal of respect for suddenly showed a side I hadn't realized they had. The dynamics of all the boards in question really changed. I no longer go to boards where I had accumulated thousands of posts, and where I thought I had made a number of friends.

I'm with Sandy. This is a car board - specifically a Cadillac board. Religion and Politics have no place here. There are countless other places to pontificate on your political and religious views without contaminating the spirit of community among car folk.

Jim

That's why there is a seperate section for it! I don't recall seeing ANY posts from you in that forum?? Why are you so upset? If you take part more there you will see it is VERY civil and orderly and you might just be suprised. And yes, people can have a differing opinion of their own and WE or anyone should NOT be so sensitive and offended by opinions, etc.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones?" Don't parents teach their kids that anymore. Remember, it's not life or death here and it doesn't matter if someone else has an opinion different than ours because they are entitled to it and during the election it was EXTREMELY civil in that forum!

This Forum is unique and I think the people here for the most part are exceptional and understand the rules. Do not compare other crappy boards to this one and generalize that it will somehow self-destruct because we have a political section. :)

The only reason you might have lost friends at other forums is because you probably stuck to your opinion when they had another?? How about just saying to them "I don't agree, but I respect your opinion." Then you probably would have remained friends. It's difficult for all of us to admit we can be wrong sometimes, but it seems to be even more difficult for people to admit they can even be PARTLY wrong! We have to be able to admit that sometimes.

I'm not losing my CI forum because someone cannot shut up about Religion!!! and not follow the rules! All should not have to suffer for for one or two "evildooers." :sneaky:

Ralph
02-24-05, 08:49 PM
I am clinically depressed

Everyone gets it. It's been called "the common cold" in human emotion.

btw, you owe me $10,000 dollars (U.S.) for all the girlfriend discussions we've had! :mad: :lildevil:

turbojimmy
02-24-05, 09:22 PM
That's why there is a seperate section for it! I don't recall seeing ANY posts from you in that forum?? Why are you so upset? If you take part more there you will see it is VERY civil and orderly and you might just be suprised. And yes, people can have a differing opinion of their own and WE or anyone should NOT be so sensitive and offended by opinions, etc.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones?" Don't parents teach their kids that anymore. Remember, it's not life or death here and it doesn't matter if someone else has an opinion different than ours because they are entitled to it and during the election it was EXTREMELY civil in that forum!

This Forum is unique and I think the people here for the most part are exceptional and understand the rules. Do not compare other crappy boards to this one and generalize that it will somehow self-destruct because we have a political section. :)

The only reason you might have lost friends at other forums is because you probably stuck to your opinion when they had another?? How about just saying to them "I don't agree, but I respect your opinion." Then you probably would have remained friends. It's difficult for all of us to admit we can be wrong sometimes, but it seems to be even more difficult for people to admit they can even be PARTLY wrong! We have to be able to admit that sometimes.

I'm not losing my CI forum because someone cannot shut up about Religion!!! and not follow the rules! All should not have to suffer for for one or two "evildooers." :sneaky:

See - that's exactly the problem. You've read way too much into my post. I never said I "lost" any friends. I simply chose to go away. Not because of any type of conflict, difference of opinion, or anything of the sort. I simply want to talk about cars. Not about religion or politics. I choose not to engage anyone about my political, religious or other beliefs. How hard is that to understand?

I'm not "upset", just expressing my opinion. I can debate it if I choose. I am perfectly capable of defending my opinions in the forum and medium of my choice. This isn't it. I want to talk about cars in forums called "Cadillac Owners" and the like.

I'm not comparing crappy boards to this one. I'm comparing boards that had similar, if not more, users. Same number of "regulars", "trolls", "lurkers". Environments very similar to this. Don't give this board more credit than it deserves. It's a great place - among the best I've found (otherwise I, nor you I suspect, wouldn't be wasting my time here). There are communities that are just as good, and have been brought down by the addition of "political" forums.

It's always a few bad apples that spoil the whole damn bunch - that's the way it works hence the adage.

Some people aren't happy unless they're telling others how to do things. I hardly know you and you're already questioning my parenting skills, my ability to handle critcism and the boards that I frequent. See what you're doing? I just choose not to get sucked in, which drives some people nutz.

Jim

Ralph
02-24-05, 09:36 PM
See - that's exactly the problem. You've read way too much into my post. I never said I "lost" any friends. I simply chose to go away. Not because of any type of conflict, difference of opinion, or anything of the sort. I simply want to talk about cars. Not about religion or politics. I choose not to engage anyone about my political, religious or other beliefs. How hard is that to understand?

I'm not "upset", just expressing my opinion. I can debate it if I choose. I am perfectly capable of defending my opinions in the forum and medium of my choice. This isn't it. I want to talk about cars in forums called "Cadillac Owners" and the like.

I'm not comparing crappy boards to this one. I'm comparing boards that had similar, if not more, users. Same number of "regulars", "trolls", "lurkers". Environments very similar to this. Don't give this board more credit than it deserves. It's a great place - among the best I've found (otherwise I, nor you I suspect, wouldn't be wasting my time here). There are communities that are just as good, and have been brought down by the addition of "political" forums.

It's always a few bad apples that spoil the whole damn bunch - that's the way it works hence the adage.

Some people aren't happy unless they're telling others how to do things. I hardly know you and you're already questioning my parenting skills, my ability to handle critcism and the boards that I frequent. See what you're doing? I just choose not to get sucked in, which drives some people nutz.

Jim

If I read too much into your post it's because I am considering ALL possibilities, that's how I think. You weren't specific enough to begin with (that you simply walked away) and obviously they weren't your friends then, right? So who cares. If you simply want to talk about cars then simply go to the car sections? There are MORE than enough of them to cover every Cadilac for the next ten years. What would be the problem with that?? :hmm: That's what everyone else does. To not be able to control your clicking might be a lack of willpower? something to consider? I have the SAME problem!

I never said you were not capable of expressing your opinions I said we all must RESPECT other's opinions. Read more carefully.

I give respect to a Forum where respect is due, and i DO like this one and that's my opinion, and I respect YOURS!

I would not DARE to question YOUR parenting skills!! :tisk: I would NEVER do that, nor can I in my profession!!!! If you bother to read my statement about "Sticks and Stones" more carefully, you will see that I am ASKING a question IF ANY PARENT teaches this to their children, namely sticks and stones get it?! It obviously was a general statement/question to ANYONE out there and therefore YOU obviously read too much into my statement and fell victim to being offended for NO REASON! I wouldn't last this long here if I went around offending people, OK! If I were personally questioning YOUR parenting skills or any skill you have I would say TURBOJIMMY, WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT? I would never make a statement like "YOU SHOULDN"T DO THAT AT ALL!!!" NO one would last around here if they said or did things like that! :helpless:

Get it? Got it? GOOD! :)

See, I used a smilie, so calm down.

My purpose here is to try to convince my friend Sandy to STAY, and this is not helping the situation. He can do what he wants of course. :crying:

Adam
02-24-05, 09:39 PM
getting off base here eh? Sandy, i hope you reconsider. you have been a big help around here. i mean, who are we going to go to to get some info on a car huh? you are just about the only one who can give factory numbers and all that good stuff. hope you stick around. things get out of hand around here sometime but dont let it throw you off. who called you "old" anyway?

Ralph
02-24-05, 09:41 PM
I choose not to engage anyone about my political, religious or other beliefs. How hard is that to understand?

Then you don't have to be so concerned about what others talk about, their opinions, concerns in the CI forum.

I agree with you that Religion has no place here, and if people could simply follow the rules then we wouldn't be having this convo now.

Ralph
02-24-05, 09:42 PM
getting off base here eh? Sandy, i hope you reconsider. you have been a big help around here. i mean, who are we going to go to to get some info on a car huh? you are just about the only one who can give factory numbers and all that good stuff. hope you stick around. things get out of hand around here sometime but dont let it throw you off. who called you "old" anyway?

I second that! I'm still grateful for the production numbers on my car and I don't know where else I could have got them. :)

Ralph
02-24-05, 10:00 PM
forums has turned into religion and other topics that tend to divide the masses. Without exception, communities - large communities - of people who share common interests in particular vehicles have turned on each other. It was, and is, really sad to watch. People I thought I knew pretty well (though haven't met in person) and for whom I had a great deal of respect for suddenly showed a side I hadn't realized they had.

From this statement it's easy to assume that you "argued" with others because you said they "turned on each other.."

So unless you specifically state "I LEFT!" Don't expect everyone here to know EXACTLY what you meant. :)

I'm not angry, I am explaining myself. Got it.

Adam
02-24-05, 10:04 PM
Got it.

WHOA!!!!!!!!! :suspense: :bouncy: :eek: :thumbsup: . you should really quit hanging out with us Americans Ralph, you are becoming more and more like us everyday :D (not that that is a bad thing, me for one i love it).

slk230mb
02-24-05, 10:09 PM
It's sad to see you go Sandy but I have to say its really easy to avoid the CI forum. Just don't click on it...

Ralph
02-24-05, 10:16 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!! :suspense: :bouncy: :eek: :thumbsup: . you should really quit hanging out with us Americans Ralph, you are becoming more and more like us everyday :D (not that that is a bad thing, me for one i love it).

You angry sensitive Yanks!! I'm turning, slowly but surely! :mad: :D

I respect TurboJimmy and I misunderstood him and he misunderstood me so TJ I hope you are not angry and I'm sorry for the confusion.

I guess we should just move on or something but I'm not so quick to just "give in" to killing off the CI forum like everyone else seems to be. :rolleyes2 It's probably the reason I bought a new computer! I don't appreciate people who come along, who never use it, saying it should be killed! I put too much work in there for that!

I used to be polite. :halo: :halo:

SAL: Here's something 93Fleetwoodlowlow and I came up with, how about limiting access to THAT forum unless someone has at least 1,000 posts? This would help ensure they are serious there and not trolls, etc. That might make it less stressful for Brett and yourself? Just a thought..

davesdeville
02-24-05, 10:36 PM
If you don't like to Politics area, stay out of it.

That's what I did. I got sick of catching crap for my age from lux hauler and HRS, and it was pointless to argue my side to anyone there, and it wasn't like I was going to change my mind either unless someone made a bulletproof case for their side (which I never saw happen.) I just open the 500, Seville & Eldo, RWD, Kills, Versus, and the Lounge in differant tabs.

So there's no real reason to leave anyway. :(

Sandy
02-24-05, 10:48 PM
Okay. I read all 25 or so comments.
Here is what I am doing. Think of each seperate individual topic as a store in the center of a big town. MY store is the FWD deVille/Fleetwood/Sixty Special Shoppe. That's where I am. I have fixed the URL of that site to my "Favorites". I click on Favorites, and I am in the store. That is the only part of the town's center where I will be, in "my" store :) I come in thru the back door, off my personal "favorites". After I leave the store, I will check my mail box for letters (Private messages) ~ ~ I will be "in" the store once, maybe twice a day. If anyone asks me a question I will reply. I did one long one today, if you noticed. That way my B.P. stays okay ~ and I don't get my undiees all bunched up. Now, if my seeing eye dog is ready, and I can feel my way around and find my walker, and don't bump into the doorway I'll make my way into my Toyota Avalon 4 banger, and hobble on outta here :)

Ralph
02-24-05, 10:52 PM
Fair enough buddy. :) Glad your not abandoning us!

Adumb
02-24-05, 10:56 PM
i am a fairly new member and i dont really know sandy, but its too bad hes gonna leave. the old comments are meritless. anytime i have worked on my car or talked about cars with some one old, i end up learning alot. more than talking to peers by far. as far as the politics forum, if you dont like hearing about polictics, then its a godsend that there is a sepereate thread on here for it. if there wasnt, politics would probably find there way into to other threads where you would end up viewing them. anyway, dont leave the forum,

RBraczyk
02-24-05, 11:02 PM
Well I can say I'm glad your not leaving and I do thank you for your support.
Its always been great to chat with you about stuff in general and politics and cars. I respect my elders, and you happen to be one I pay great respect to for your knowledge.

As much as I want to mod this because of issues that you had, as well as others, I've given up asking. If this forum gets out of hand its not on my watch.

Send me a PM if you feel talkative Sandy.

Good luck with life off the forums, Rob.

Ralph
02-24-05, 11:06 PM
i am a fairly new member and i dont really know sandy, but its too bad hes gonna leave. the old comments are meritless. anytime i have worked on my car or talked about cars with some one old, i end up learning alot. more than talking to peers by far. as far as the politics forum, if you dont like hearing about polictics, then its a godsend that there is a sepereate thread on here for it. if there wasnt, politics would probably find there way into to other threads where you would end up viewing them. anyway, dont leave the forum,

Welcome aboard! You are COOL to have said that! :yup:

onbagz2002
02-24-05, 11:50 PM
So are you stayin or goin? I dont think ur gonna leave because if you really was you wouldn't make a thread about it...
:D

DopeStar 156
02-24-05, 11:54 PM
It's situations like this that put strict rules and mass censorship on forums like this. I guess I missed all this abuse Sandy took but it shouldn't be happening. This stuff stockpiles until someone flies off the handle and pretty much leaves in a storm. I think everyone on this thing needs to watch what they post and not engage in any kind of conversation that seems threatening or offensive. If this kind of thing continues, Sal and the other moderators are gonna start deleting threads that are even slightly concidered controversial and the entire greatness of this place will collapse. The conversations will be limited to automotive talk only and this place will be as fun as an Autozone check out counter. Things like this could lead to the closing of the lounge, and I don't wanna see this great place torn apart. Opinions are just that, opinions and shouldn't be used to intentionally hurt or offend someone. Sandy is a great guy who was kind enough to extend a personal invite to myself to be in a show in our area without even concidering that I'm only 19. I've made tons of friends on here and I'd hate to see anyone go. Anyone using this board to "start shit" or to propose negative statements to any race, age, gender, religion, political stance, or sexual orientation needs to stop misusing this board or leave. I won't have any parasites infesting this board.

D148L0
02-25-05, 12:04 AM
So are you stayin or goin? I dont think ur gonna leave because if you really was you wouldn't make a thread about it...
:D
Stop it.

onbagz2002
02-25-05, 12:19 AM
Stop it.

:hmm:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
02-25-05, 12:33 AM
I got say sandy, I was going to jump in and say no you should stay etc etc. but i thought about it for a while...My take on it is leave.

1. I dont agree in the political content on here either...I dont through a huff and I dont attack moderators who do this job for free because they love the site.

2. People call each other names, if that happens all you have to do is click two buttons to report it and someone is there to calm people down...its like being a hermit in ones house because there are stupid people out there.

3. It is selfish to stay inside your forum...just like some of the cts-v guys do, its a community not sandy world

So i really do mean this from the bottom of my heart, you do not appear mature enough to be on this forum. I am sorry if my words cut deep, but friends tell friends the truth...and just like a hopped up and down on RB im hopping up and down on you..

If you feel like you want to be part of a community to be a member who wants people to get along and appreciate each other as well as cadillacs then i AM ON MY KNEES BEGGING YOU TO STAY

otherwise dont let the door hit you on the way out

klebrun
02-25-05, 12:36 AM
You see, this is why I have been around this long. I'm an ugly loser that needs to get a life that everyone hates...(With the exception of a few (Ralph, Stoney, that's about it...Geez, only two people here like me... :crying: ...I need to go away too, huh?))...:D What in the Hell have I spent on over 1500 posts?

But those Natty pictures keep me breathing...Alot...Too much...Anyone have a picture of the Zima guy?

You can add me to the list of the people that like you. We all get a little heated in our discussions from time to time, but at least you have the stones to admit it.

Sandy, I'm glad to see you are sticking around. People like you and Bbobynski add a wealth of knowledge and experience that can't be replaced.

Sal and Brett, I want to thank you both for your patience with the CI Forum. You can add my voice to those who want it to stay open. I think that Cadillac owners tend to be more mature than most, and a CI forum is a logical progression in keeping in step with their interests. Perhaps you could add a preceeding screen that would explain the rules of the CI forum and inform people that if they are easily offended or irritated by political discussion that they should avoid this part of the forum. They could then check a box stating that they understand the rules and conditions of the forum before entering. Checking the box would then allow them entry into the forum. Kinda like a porn site when you check the box to say you are over 18...err...not that I ever visit them...just something I heard about them while standing next to the watercooler. :getaway:

illumina
02-25-05, 01:36 AM
You can add me to the list of the people that like you. We all get a little heated in our discussions from time to time, but at least you have the stones to admit it.

But I still can't figure out what I have said over 1500 times... :hmm: Just makes me wonder what I've been up to.

<Voices are making you do it>

No they're not... :cookoo:

< Illumina, they're all against you>

No they're not. These people are my friends.

<They don't like you. They despise you. You cannot trust them. I'm the only one you can trust, Illumina>

They said they like me. See above.

<No! You're just seeing things>

No no no. This cannot be!

<Trust me, I'm the only friend you have *hee hee hee* Anywhere you go *hee hee hee*>

I'm :cookoo: :yup:

Ralph
02-25-05, 01:40 AM
But I still can't figure out what I have said over 1500 times... :hmm: Just makes me wonder what I've been up to.

<They don't like you. They despise you. You cannot trust them. I'm the only one you can trust, Illumina>

<Trust me, I'm the only friend you have *hee hee hee* Anywhere you go *hee hee hee*>

LOL! Oh great!! Now I know I don't have a life. :shocked: :crying:

I think when I get to 10,000 I'm just going to start up again under a different name. :shhh:

illumina
02-25-05, 01:49 AM
LOL! Oh great!! Now I know I don't have a life. :shocked: :crying:

I think when I get to 10,000 I'm just going to start up again under a different name. :shhh:

<You see Illumina, Ralph is using Natasha to controll your stay here. He's doing it to everyone>

Why would he do that?

<So he can infect Canadian values into your mind and poison us>

Ralphie is my friend. He wouldn't do that to me or anyone. Besides, Natty is so pretty to look at.

<He already has Illumina, and Natty doesn't like you either>

How so?

<Don't question my motives. Question his>

Ralph, are you...there?

<He doesn't trust you Illumina! He's turning them against us>

No No No... :suspense:

Ralph
02-25-05, 02:03 AM
<You see Illumina, Ralph is using Natasha to controll your stay here. He's doing it to everyone>

Why would he do that?

<So he can infect Canadian values into your mind and poison us>

Ralphie is my friend. He wouldn't do that to me or anyone. Besides, Natty is so pretty to look at.

<He already has Illumina, and Natty doesn't like you either>

How so?

<Don't question my motives. Question his>

Ralph, are you...there?

<He doesn't trust you Illumina! He's turning them against us>

No No No... :suspense:

LOL! I wanted to play too but I'm afraid I would offend someone here. :hide:

Canuck values? Na, you don't want those because then everyone would be too nice to each other and it would be painfully boring here, kinda like Mr. Roger's neighbourhood on valium or something :canttalk: ;)

klebrun
02-25-05, 02:27 AM

As long as you don't start throwing dishes at yourself, you'll be just fine.

illumina
02-25-05, 02:29 AM
LOL! I wanted to play too but I'm afraid I would offend someone here. :hide:

Canuck values? Na, you don't want those because then everyone would be too nice to each other and it would be painfully boring here, kinda like Mr. Roger's neighbourhood on valium or something :canttalk: ;)

Mr. Rogers on valium eh? :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Put it like this, how many people do you know that will hold a conversation with themselves online? I bet I'm the first one, huh?

illumina
02-25-05, 02:34 AM
As long as you don't start throwing dishes at yourself, you'll be just fine.

Umm...We'll take that into consideration...

<No we won't!>

Why not?

<Because they're plotting against us, Illumina>

They seem so nice though.

<What's next from them? You'll see...They'll wan't you to be like them>

How so?

<They'll wan't you to drive Cadillacs and like Natasha Henstridge...And that Supafly girl too...>

They wouldn't dare do that. Them plotting evil (I mean bad) people...

Ralph
02-25-05, 02:37 AM
Put it like this, how many people do you know that will hold a conversation with themselves online? I bet I'm the first one, huh?

Ya, you're the only one I've heard do it!!! :cookoo:

Later that night....

VOICE: "Ralph! What are you doing??!! You're supposed to encourage your friends not make fun of them! Damn I look good in this dress!

RALPH: Who's is that?? Natasha?? :suspense:

VOICE: "Yes, it's me you beast you! God you look sexy in your crown, red cape and driving that Cadillac!! What are you doing later tonite? Busy?"

RALPH: "Well, I uh, er umm, aah was going to go on the Caddy Forums tonite, maybe next week we can talk?? :("

VOICE: Loser!!! Even though illuminas Caddy is damaged he is more interesting than you! I'll call him!!!" Goodbye!

RALPH: :eek: :crying:

illumina
02-25-05, 02:43 AM
Ya, you're the only one I've heard do it!!! :cookoo:

Later that night....

VOICE: "Ralph! What are you doing??!! You're supposed to encourage your friends not make fun of them! Damn I look good in this dress!

RALPH: Who's is that?? Natasha?? :suspense:

VOICE: "Yes, it's me you beast you! God you look sexy in your crown, red cape and driving that Cadillac!! What are you doing later tonite? Busy?"

RALPH: "Well, I uh, er umm, aah was going to go on the Caddy Forums tonite, maybe next week we can talk?? :("

VOICE: Loser!!! Even though illuminas Caddy is damaged he is more interesting than you! I'll call him!!!" Goodbye!

RALPH: :eek: :crying:

:rofl: :histeric:

I wish dude. Hell, I'll just settle for Paris Hilton...Umm...

klebrun
02-25-05, 02:45 AM
I got say sandy, I was going to jump in and say no you should stay etc etc. but i thought about it for a while...My take on it is leave.

1. I dont agree in the political content on here either...I dont through a huff and I dont attack moderators who do this job for free because they love the site.

2. People call each other names, if that happens all you have to do is click two buttons to report it and someone is there to calm people down...its like being a hermit in ones house because there are stupid people out there.

3. It is selfish to stay inside your forum...just like some of the cts-v guys do, its a community not sandy world

So i really do mean this from the bottom of my heart, you do not appear mature enough to be on this forum. I am sorry if my words cut deep, but friends tell friends the truth...and just like a hopped up and down on RB im hopping up and down on you..

If you feel like you want to be part of a community to be a member who wants people to get along and appreciate each other as well as cadillacs then i AM ON MY KNEES BEGGING YOU TO STAY

otherwise dont let the door hit you on the way out

I will have to respectfully disagree with you. I think that Sandy is not only mature enough to be here, but is a valuable asset to this forum. From what I've seen, he's been extremely giving and has asked for nothing in return. To label him as selfish is unwarranted.

I realize that this is a community that is better served when everyone participates fully, but each member has his or her own personality. They should be free to participate as little or as much as they want, in whatever forum they are interested or feel comfortable in. And we as a community should be understanding and tolerant of their choices, as long as they follow the rules.

I understand that you are trying to lay down a little tough love here, but I don't think it's necessary where he is concerned.

I do think you hit the nail on the head when you say that if someone is breaking the rules, a moderator should be notified. If people are handled on an individual basis, then the rest us of don't have to pay the price for the actions of just a few.

Ralph
02-25-05, 03:01 AM
:rofl: :histeric:

I wish dude. Hell, I'll just settle for Paris Hilton...Umm...

Paris is FINE, but Supa is still aces imo! I mean that girl is like Nat, Paris and Claudia Schiffer rolled into one! :)

I tend to agree with you Kleburn on the maturity issue. Some people never leave the Escalade forum but it doesn't signify a level of maturity imo.

THIS girl should be making movies!!

Spock
02-25-05, 03:39 AM
Sandy I haven't talked to you personally, but have read your insightful comments and found them noteworthy. I hope you and others read what I have to say.

I have had many religious discussions on forums and political and only have once found the need to leave the board. The particular forum’s moderator and owner insulted me personally and spoke very rudely about my culture, beliefs and religion. I left because I did not want to contribute to that forums well being. I'm an asset like we all are, devoting our time and effort to the survival of a forum by contributing good discussion and useful information.

The same disrespect was related to me on other forums talking about religion or political topics but by other posters and the best thing for me to do? Not to talk about it, especially with them. Such a lesson I learned which was born out of much grief. Those who were rude to me, I did not talk to; nay even respond to their posts. They didn't exist in my mind and I posted around them in any topic. They were too small and pathetic to get to me and the discussion with them was over. You can give someone only so many chances for redemption before you are simply fed up.

That being said, if someone wanted to have a meaningful discussion on religion, sure I'm in. I have no problem if anyone messages me and has questions about my faith or political viewpoints if it is done in a mutually respectful manner. This is when it ceases being an argument and is a discussion.

Banning political/religious talk on any forum is not the solution. People can talk about whatever they want and two people can go on insulting each other to their hearts desire. When does the problem start? When you as an individual let yourself be dragged in the fray of their idiocy. When you as an individual let such small people get to you. There are two sayings I always keep close to my heart. The first is a Persian proverb, "Why enter a deal if you know the deal is bad?” Why even talk about politics/religion to people that you know will offend and disrespect you? The other is from the Qur’an, “Do not oppress and do not be oppressed.” When someone is trying to aggravate you, the only time they have the power to do so is when you let them.

Things sadly are not what they used to be, when children early on were taught to respect others especially those who are older than them. I understand your frustration and disappointment; I despise being dishonoured and disrespected and will not put up with it. Whether leaving or staying is your decision I am sure your years have brought you the experience and wisdom to decide what is best for yourself, and that is what truly matters.

Take care,

~Spock

====__--=--

Jesda
02-25-05, 06:28 PM
Every forum I'm on that allows political and religious debate always ends up with good people leaving, or people turning into unbelievable jerks.
I come here for the cars. I have other places to go for the politics.

And its not exactly helpful to announce your departure like a dramatic soap opera episode, which only stirs up more controversy. I hope folks can show each other a little more respect.

Ralph
02-25-05, 07:07 PM
I've seen some pretty nasty arguements over how to fix something on a car, so what's the difference? People will leave regardless.

klebrun
02-25-05, 09:01 PM
I've seen some pretty nasty arguements over how to fix something on a car, so what's the difference? People will leave regardless.

I've seen that, too. If someone is easily offended and argumentive, it will come through no matter what they are talking about. I've seen people take constructive criticism of their cars or knowledge of automobiles in the wrong way and go off in the car forums here long before I started visiting the CI Forum. I remember some recent unwarranted criticism of Bbobynski by someone who thought he was a know it all. Another one didn't like his opinion on transmission flushing. Both of those situations got pretty heated. Yet no one talked about shutting down the entire Cadillac Forums for the actions of one or a few. Bbobynski handled it like the professional that he is, and those other hotheads were handled on an individual basis.

Not only that, the CI Forum is optional. Those that don't like it don't have to visit it. If you come here to just talk about cars, stay in the car forum. You are not obligated to talk about political subjects if you don't want to. If you want to talk a little politics, visit the CI Forum. Having the CI Forum doesn't take away your ability to come here and just talk about cars. The key to solving the problem is holding people personally responsible for their behavior if they break the rules, not the closure of any of the forums, be it the car forums or the CI Forum.

illumina
02-25-05, 09:24 PM
I've seen that, too. If someone is easily offended and argumentive, it will come through no matter what they are talking about. I've seen people take constructive criticism of their cars or knowledge of automobiles in the wrong way and go off in the car forums here long before I started visiting the CI Forum. I remember some recent unwarranted criticism of Bbobynski by someone who thought he was a know it all. Another one didn't like his opinion on transmission flushing. Both of those situations got pretty heated. Yet no one talked about shutting down the entire Cadillac Forums for the actions of one or a few. Bbobynski handled it like the professional that he is, and those other hotheads were handled on an individual basis.

Not only that, the CI Forum is optional. Those that don't like it don't have to visit it. If you come here to just talk about cars, stay in the car forum. You are not obligated to talk about political subjects if you don't want to. If you want to talk a little politics, visit the CI Forum. Having the CI Forum doesn't take away your ability to come here and just talk about cars. The key to solving the problem is holding people personally responsible for their behavior if they break the rules, not the closure of any of the forums, be it the car forums or the CI Forum.

Me and Bbob got into it over an ECM. But everything is cool now...99zee28 and Caddywhizkid are the ones you're talking about though. I haven't seen the "whizkid" around though as of late.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-25-05, 09:36 PM
That being said, if someone wanted to have a meaningful discussion on religion, sure I'm in. I have no problem if anyone messages me and has questions about my faith or political viewpoints if it is done in a mutually respectful manner. This is when it ceases being an argument and is a discussion. [/color]
]

This guy aint kiddin ...ive asked him sevreal questions about his religon ....over the PM system tho ...a class act ... :yup:

Ralph
02-25-05, 11:23 PM
This guy aint kiddin ...ive asked him sevreal questions about his religon ....over the PM system tho ...a class act ... :yup:

I remember we were kind of knocking muslems because of the beheadings because we were all upset and Spock went on and really calmed us down! I have respect for him.

That's also why the CI forum is so interesting because people aren't scared to talk about certain things there that you couldn't do in other areas of the entire Forum. You can discuss different cultures, etc. If everyone is getting along it's rewarding being a part of that!

DopeStar 156
02-26-05, 12:27 AM
I got into a serious screaming match with one member on a Lincoln forum a while ago because of an arguement over the location of the wiring of the numeric keypad on the driver's door. Something that can be simply ended with a shop manual, but what're you gonna do? People argue. I hope I didn't come off too harsh in my last post, I just saw Sandy's disposition and it really got to me. I like everyone here. Except for Illumina, he's pretty screwed up. :p Just kiddin'.

Ralph
02-26-05, 12:38 AM
Do you all know what I don't like and just noticed?? Because of this thread of Sandys, people that don't want a CI forum are in there now stirring up crap!!!

I don't appreciate that and you know who YOU are! I WILL name names because I will not tolerate it! I go there to learn and discuss current events peacefully and I don't want there to be pestering, and now there is!

I won't tolerate that!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-26-05, 12:54 AM
Look , this isnt going anywhere but bad ....All due respect to everyone ...but id like to close this....esp consicdering sandys decided to stay .....