: Radio Volume ++++

doowap57
07-11-13, 07:18 PM
FYI: The radio volume and the telephone volume are NOT the same.
It just happened to me, I tried to bluetooth/connect, on an incoming
call, and it disconnected me. I repeated and NO connection.
Deleted all, and re-paired, same thing, raised volume on telephone,
and wall-a, back to normal, I use "my" name and number to "TEST"
my system, so it goes directly to voice mail, as a test.
Testing dialing and volume.
Good Connections to all ! :cool2::cool::cool2:

ddalder
07-11-13, 08:59 PM
This is quite normal. I've never been in a GM vehicle where the two were the same. Don't know about other car makers but I suspect they are no different either. There are also different volume settings for chimes and if I'm not mistaken, OnStar as well.

EChas3
07-12-13, 09:21 PM
I think the chimes just have two settings: Normal and Deaf.

ddalder
07-12-13, 09:29 PM
Yes, I think that's a pretty accurate summation.

EChas3
07-12-13, 09:30 PM
IMHO. the navigation audio has only two useable settings. I usually leave it off because the HUD display is quite nice. Volume level 1 is loud enough for me in almost any situation. There are another 6 levels and it would be nice to have a few lower settings as well.

curtc
07-12-13, 09:35 PM
I think the chimes just have two settings: Normal and Deaf.

More like just fine and ridiculously loud IMO...Especially that damn blinker, turned the chimes up, turned on the blinker once...Stopped as soon as I could to turn the chimes back down..."Hello super loud blinker!"

In GM's defense the target market for this car when it was new would've had a fair number of buyer's who were hard of hearing :)

Speaking of blinkers...I love the "Hey idiot, you left your blinker on!" warning, hard to ignore that one...

Hoosier24
07-13-13, 05:03 PM
More like just fine and ridiculously loud IMO...Especially that damn blinker, turned the chimes up, turned on the blinker once...Stopped as soon as I could to turn the chimes back down..."Hello super loud blinker!"

In GM's defense the target market for this car when it was new would've had a fair number of buyer's who were hard of hearing :)

Speaking of blinkers...I love the "Hey idiot, you left your blinker on!" warning, hard to ignore that one...

i apologize ahead of time for being a dope w/out a manual, but, how do i adjust the nav volume and how do i get it to show on the hud?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-13-13, 08:17 PM
Hello Hoosier24,

I looked up the information in the navigation manual for you to adjust the volume for the navigation system.

1. Hit the config button
2. Hit the Navigation set up (it looks like a road going into the horizon)
3. And then hit volume. You should be able to change it from off to 7.

From what I read in the manual, the HUD just automatically displays the route guidance when you plan a route. Here is what it states:

“When a route is planned the Head-Up Display (HUD) displays information when the vehicle is approaching a turn. This information displays when the vehicle is 0.5 mi (0.80 km) away from a turn in residential areas and 2.0 mi or 2.0 km away from a turn on freeways. After completing a turn, the HUD displays the name and distance of the next street the vehicle will be turning on for 10 seconds.”

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you are still not able to produce the directions in your HUD. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

EChas3
07-13-13, 09:57 PM
Yep! If you have HUD & Nav, the HUD shows the approaching turns you need to take and a distance scale.

If you don't have a guideance session active, you don't set any display. Just like the you need a guideance session active for the Nav to display services available at approaching exits.

My wife thinks it's a bit silly to set a destination when we both know how to get there. Even more when I decide to go a different way! I think there's value in seeing the info in case we find ourselves thirsty (or the opposite!)

Hoosier24
07-17-13, 08:21 AM
Hello Hoosier24,

I looked up the information in the navigation manual for you to adjust the volume for the navigation system.

1. Hit the config button
2. Hit the Navigation set up (it looks like a road going into the horizon)
3. And then hit volume. You should be able to change it from off to 7.

From what I read in the manual, the HUD just automatically displays the route guidance when you plan a route. Here is what it states:

“When a route is planned the Head-Up Display (HUD) displays information when the vehicle is approaching a turn. This information displays when the vehicle is 0.5 mi (0.80 km) away from a turn in residential areas and 2.0 mi or 2.0 km away from a turn on freeways. After completing a turn, the HUD displays the name and distance of the next street the vehicle will be turning on for 10 seconds.”

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you are still not able to produce the directions in your HUD. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for the help with the nav volume, It was deafening at 6 and now its its perfect at 2.
Still nothing on the hud when using navigation though.Its a 2009 1sg w v6. THANKS

Guy.Seminerio
07-17-13, 10:14 AM
I have the same thing on my 09. Looking at an old thread it seems we need a firmware update. A few years ago someone with an 09 had the same problem and solved it with a firmware update at the dealer. I haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know if you get to it first.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-13, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the help with the nav volume, It was deafening at 6 and now its its perfect at 2.
Still nothing on the hud when using navigation though.Its a 2009 1sg w v6. THANKS

Hello Hoosier24,

I’m glad that I was able to assist you with the nav volume! I’m happy to hear it isn’t deafening at 6 anymore. Could you private message me your VIN so I am able to do some additional research about the navigation showing up on the hud? Thank you very much for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care