: Traction Control Keeps Coming On

choigilligan
07-11-13, 07:14 PM
My traction control keeps coming on when I go over bumps at low speeds.

----------

Hit send before I could finish. Basically the traction control is intervening at times where I am at very low speeds, under 10 mph, I might be entering a parking lot and the traction control will retard the ignition for no reason. Has this happened to anyone else.

It generally occurs when I'm not on a flat road, but I'm literally coasting, not applying any throttle and the TC will come on.

TimmyC
07-11-13, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a speed sensor is going out. Get someone to scan it with a scanner that can display all 4 wheel speed sensors at once. I bet one of them is getting flaky.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-11-13, 08:40 PM
My traction control keeps coming on when I go over bumps at low speeds.

----------

Hit send before I could finish. Basically the traction control is intervening at times where I am at very low speeds, under 10 mph, I might be entering a parking lot and the traction control will retard the ignition for no reason. Has this happened to anyone else.

It generally occurs when I'm not on a flat road, but I'm literally coasting, not applying any throttle and the TC will come on.
Hello choigilligan,

I apologize that you are experiencing your traction control coming on at low speeds with your STS-V. I do see that you are reaching out to the community to see if they have experienced this as well, but I wanted to know if you were thinking about taking your vehicle into a dealership to see if they would be able to diagnose your concern. I would like to assist you in working with them if this is the route you would like to take. Please private message me if you would like my assistance. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

1madstsv
07-11-13, 11:55 PM
What size tire are you running and is the tread very low?

theotherguyssn
07-12-13, 04:58 PM
sounds like a connection or hub bearing/wheel sensor could be bad, if hub in front or rear has play in it when you turn its going to create excessive space at abs sensor in hub need to pull codes or have taken to delership or somebody that can pull abs dtcs out. make sure right tire sizes are on vehicle as well that will cause traction light to come on also.

boomys10
07-12-13, 05:28 PM
if I run a 275/35/19 in the rear will that mess with my traction control?

TimmyC
07-12-13, 08:08 PM

I think it will. That's a decent amount shorter than stock. It should work if you run a 255/40/18 in front.

1madstsv
07-13-13, 12:01 PM
Yep there's your problem. My old car ran a 295/30/19 and it was fine till the tread wore down. Now the new owner says its doing the same thing as your car.

choigilligan
07-13-13, 12:40 PM
I've got stock rims and tires, w basically new Cooper Zeon's. definitely driven them less than 3000 miles w them. I put about 6,000 miles a year on the V. Anyone got a scanner in MA that can check this out.

1madstsv
07-13-13, 02:21 PM
I did not even look to see who posted that my bad. As for scanning unless it's tripping the cel I don't think there will be a code.

choigilligan
07-28-13, 11:56 PM
Had it scanned, nothing. I did notice it only happens when I'm turning left over curbing at low speeds. Any other ideas.

1madstsv
07-31-13, 12:25 AM
Check the rear end fluid level. It might be low our old and not releasing the dif clutch and keeping the tires locked. Like a drag car with a welded rear. Some thing to look at.