: V Front bumper

Blayne
07-11-13, 09:24 AM
Hey everyone, I am looking for a V front bumper. I just have the CTS but I am painting my car soon so I will be upgrading. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone had one they wanted to sell.

Thanks.

FuzzyLogic
07-11-13, 11:26 AM
Nobody here wants a fake CTS-V driving around.

Blayne
07-11-13, 12:23 PM
Nobody here wants a fake CTS-V driving around.

So you are saying you don't have a bumper then? Look, the only reason I want the bumper is cause it has the "built in lip". If every other aspect was the same as the CTS I would still get it just for the lip. I am not trying to look like a V. I wasn't looking to swap spindles and change the bolt pattern or look for V badges. I this offends anyone, I apologize, I am not trying to build a clone.

Naf
07-11-13, 01:14 PM
Ebay is your friend research helps...

CTSV_Rob
07-11-13, 02:25 PM
I would do the same if I had a CTS so no offense taken here.

Can't help you with the Bumper cover but if you don't get any bites here I would try the salavage yards and see if you can find anything.

Blayne
07-11-13, 02:36 PM
I'm already doing searches. I just thought I would ask here. Maybe someone has a parts car. I just need to try and do it quickly.

Thanks

jeph054
07-11-13, 04:00 PM
Good luck. I've been looking for one for mine (i have a V...) with no sucess.

Andringa
07-11-13, 04:07 PM
It's going to be quite expensive if you try to source all the parts separately, your best bet would be to find an entire front bumper off of a salvaged car.

You'll need the:
bumper skin,
chrome hood trim,
upper grill,
lower grill,
foglight brackets, (I believe the actual fog lights are the same)
brake ducts,
front wheel well liners with the brake duct mounts

DDS rollin a CTS
07-11-13, 08:40 PM
No you can't have my embz.

martinV
07-12-13, 10:49 AM
I replaced my front bumper twice and trust me when i tell u that itll be a miracle to find one secondhand. And since youll need to get everything else( grilles, etc) its going to be an expensive upgrade. Good luck

mstrjon32
07-12-13, 12:15 PM
I think you can get a new one for around $450 from Luke. I want to replace mine because it has a crack but the cheapest I can get one locally is over 1000 euros, and there is no good way to get it shipped from Virginia to Germany since it is so large. So now I am just living with the crack.

Either way, it's going to be an expensive ordeal. And, getting bumpers painted is always a major pain in the ass, they never seem to be able to get the color to match correctly, and the paint is never as durable as the factory paint. I don't know why they need to design cars with these horrible plastic bumper covers anyway...so stressful and aggravating.

Now that I think about it, you should just sell your whole car and buy a V. It will be cheaper.

Blayne
07-12-13, 07:36 PM
Well I found one. For those of you that may be looking, I found one from a place in Toronto, Ontario. It is a brand new bumper. It isn't made by GM but it is a full urethane bumper made by company in the US. The guy has sold 17 with not one complaint so far. He sells them for $399. He also sells most the other parts too like the grills and fog lights. I don't need the upper grill but I do need the lower one and it is $220. Parts aren't too bad and I don't have to have it shipped, he is close to me. I will be using my sport grill for the upper grill. I will also be getting the clear fogs and side marker combo off of eBay for $290. That's the light and the bracket. So that will be under $1000 for everything I need, that's not too bad of a price.

CTSV_Rob
07-12-13, 10:53 PM
Good job finding all of the parts you need.

I always liked the look of the sport grille and for a second I thought about putting it on the V... Just a second.

I did end up getting a spoiler from a sport, liked that one the best for fit and look on a CTS.