: Stock CTS-V vs Mustang 5.0 Miami Street Racing

JDMtube
07-11-13, 07:24 AM
From Our Monday night meet
http://www.jdmtube.com/video/815/CTS-V-vs-Mustang-50-Miami-Street-Racing

iPHone iPad Mobile Version (Loads Faster)
http://www.jdmtube.com/ipodvideo/815.mp4

DCV
07-11-13, 09:13 AM
You are idiots and tools, till you kill somebody or die as well. Go to a real track. In the video I see headlights coming the other way...real smart. Given that wildlife is in the area as well that can also make you crash.

pat2t2f
07-11-13, 01:07 PM
I don't think there are headlights just white road signs reflecting off the headlights.
With that said its still stupid. Too many risks.

DiamondWhtV
07-11-13, 01:18 PM
Street racing has it's risks and rewards...but only to the involved drivers. I will admit I grew up in a time when street racing on rural roads during daylight hours was quite common. Even today, it is hard to resist when challenged....but the thought of license suspension - probably jail time - and insurance cancellation when caught is a very big deterrent and is a distant second to the thought of injury or death to someone else if something goes wrong. I know the OP had some fun that night, but this forum isn't the best place to post street racing kills. JMHO.

cruiser68
07-11-13, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I guess I way really young and really stupid at one time too. Funny, one you spend time on the track or road course, you really don't like racing in traffic with morons.

Luna.
07-11-13, 02:19 PM
I don't think there are headlights just white road signs reflecting off the headlights.

If that's the case, why did the Mustang change lanes and get behind the Caddy?

I seriously had to :rolleyes: at the end...the last time we get to see it stock? The Fed Ex man is on his way?

Really? Mail-order mods are the ticket??

Holy sh*t...I hope I can get tickets to the next race! :helpless:

Blakester
07-11-13, 02:37 PM
Well, i'm still tempted on street, track is the place for racing. Today, the risks and penalties are very high. A fast Gardian angel has saved my A-- many times in my youth.

JDMtube
07-11-13, 02:40 PM
Sorry about the street racing, it's not for everyone. (this spot is a 45 minute drive from civilization) We go to the track 4 times a month as well. We were at the CTS-V track rental down in West Palm two months ago @ 275 Dollars. Not trying to save money by street racing here. I'll bring you guys some of the track footage as soon as possible...... We do our own work so we order the parts. No need to pay the middle man, gotta save money somewhere.

The car at the end of the track is a lookout car, We've been doing this for a very, very long time. Regardless, no more street videos on this site.

Jinx
07-11-13, 03:15 PM
Street racing is not smart, but the groups who pick a deserted street and manage traffic aren't in the same league with the spontaneous d!ck-measurers and don't deserve the same level of abject hatred.

That said, watching a video of other people street-racing, especially relatively stock recent-vintage cars where bench racing accurately predicts the outcome with high probability, is about as exciting as seeing other people's vacation photos.

SilverrV
07-11-13, 05:47 PM
That said, watching a video of other people street-racing, especially relatively stock recent-vintage cars where bench racing accurately predicts the outcome with high probability, is about as exciting as seeing other people's vacation photos.

very true

ClarkkentCTSV
07-12-13, 04:43 PM
Check out this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/276924-so-does-anyone-visit-c-t.html

LSUFoolsball
07-14-13, 03:55 PM
Drag slicks help alot cause I smoke 5.0's all day in my V2.

Trainman SRT-10
07-15-13, 02:36 AM
Here's how it's done legally, the other night I challenged a new 2014 GT500 (662hp) with my 2012 CTS V Coupe (Airaid CAI, tune, street tires, 6 speed manual) , it was still 98 degrees at 10pm (DA 3500'), so the times weren't great, but nobody was running that good. My 12.63 (116.23) beat his 12.69 (116.59).....and my .002 RT to his .304 RT made the winning margin about 3 car lengths. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/SVEwQbBmSGo

HUGN*RDS
07-16-13, 04:21 PM
Nice vid, I wish we had some road stretches around here like that. I compliment the watchout guy, too.

With that said its still stupid. Too many risks.
Does that mean driving my motorcycle shouldn't be done, because there are too many risks? Apples to oranges but they're both very risky.

Street racing is not smart, but the groups who pick a deserted street and manage traffic aren't in the same league with the spontaneous d!ck-measurers and don't deserve the same level of abject hatred.

I agree

You're feeding the "stupidity" by even watching and commenting on it. I will make sure I post my race videos for you.

Here's how it's done legally, the other night I challenged a new 2014 GT500 (662hp) with my 2012 CTS V Coupe (Airaid CAI, tune, street tires, 6 speed manual) , it was still 98 degrees at 10pm (DA 3500'), so the times weren't great, but nobody was running that good. My 12.63 (116.23) beat his 12.69 (116.59).....and my .002 RT to his .304 RT made the winning margin about 3 car lengths. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/SVEwQbBmSGo (http://youtu.be/SVEwQbBmSGo[/QUOTE)

that's some good stuff
who told their momma about this thread??? dude wildlife is the same peril on a motorcycle.

You are idiots and tools, till you kill somebody or die as well. Go to a real track. In the video I see headlights coming the other way...real smart. Given that wildlife is in the area as well that can also make you crash.

Jinx
07-16-13, 08:01 PM
You're feeding the "stupidity" by even watching and commenting on it. I will make sure I post my race videos for you.

There's a word for someone who interprets negative feedback as encouragement. Post your videos only if you think there are people who are interested.

Wannago
07-18-13, 12:18 AM
JDMtube...pop over to "see tee ess vee owners dot com". You'll be glad you did.

DCV
07-18-13, 07:01 PM
Posting street racing videos leaves a nice digital trail to follow when it goes bad the next time and it helps you go to jail or get sued. That and emoyeers can use it not to hire or to fire somebody. Maybe revoke a clearance. They can and will find out who you are via the ISP and hosts. Clever screen names won't hide you away. Keep note of that.

TheDarkKnight
07-18-13, 08:35 PM
Posting street racing videos leaves a nice digital trail to follow when it goes bad the next time and it helps you go to jail or get sued. That and emoyeers can use it not to hire or to fire somebody. Maybe revoke a clearance. They can and will find out who you are via the ISP and hosts. Clever screen names won't hide you away. Keep note of that.

Thanks for all the kind words Internet patroller! If you don't like it, just move along! If I spent my day replying to everything I didn't agree with, on this forum alone, I wouldn't have enough time in the day.
Better yet, why don't you start a thread entitled "street racing is for idiots".