: strong gas smell after motor turned off and exiting the vehical...no codes...95 devil

eddielnordman
07-10-13, 09:34 PM
there is a strong gas smell while ideling and after the car is shut off ...don't see any leaks just replaced fule pump and went threw emissions and passed easily any ideas....other than that car runs fine 17.6 mpg....????

Ranger
07-11-13, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a fuel leak to me. Maybe a leaky FPR, but that should be leaking internally and thus running very rich (still worth checking).

drewsdeville
07-11-13, 02:25 PM
Just replaced fuel pump and now you smell fuel? I'd assume it's a problem with the install. Could be a number of things - cracked plastic fuel line, torn seal at the top of the tank, rusted filler or vent pipe that was disturbed when the tank was removed, etc... Poke around with your nose in the area of the tank and fuel lines, and you may find your problem

Ranger
07-11-13, 03:22 PM
I missed that "just replaced fuel pump" part. Yeah, go back and check your work.

eddielnordman
07-14-13, 09:57 PM
Ok will check that but the smell was there before just stronger now ....but good point thanks for the help people .....love ths site.