: cargo net hanger knob removal?

kentd
07-10-13, 01:12 PM
Quick question:

How does one remove this knob?

I tried to get a socket or wrench on the backside nut, but not enough room for my fat fingers! :)

Thanks,
Kent

the cadillac man
07-10-13, 02:26 PM
Quick question:

How does one remove this knob?

I tried to get a socket or wrench on the backside nut, but not enough room for my fat fingers! :)

Thanks,
Kent

Pair of needle nose pliers
I had to remove that when my rear air system went nuts

kentd
07-10-13, 02:41 PM
Thanks!

Similar problem here...the rear air system fan won't turn on. I hear clicks when I change the vent control, but the fan won't come on.

I am assuming it is the fan control module, but I want to get to it before I order the part.

kentd
07-10-13, 04:07 PM
I got that knob off...once I realized that the nut on the backside was captive, I just unscrewed the knob from the front.

Once I got to the blower control module, I verified that:

1) No voltage was present on the blower control module output (purple/black wires).
2) Voltage was present on the blower control module input wires.

That was enough data for me to go ahead and buy a new blower control module from Amazon for ~$45.

I'll get the part tomorrow and follow up.

Mark Edward Morrison
07-10-13, 06:48 PM
Has anyone ever seen the cargo net that goes on our trucks, or have the part number? I bought a universal one of eBay sometime ago and OF COUSE it doesn't fit (has a clip at both ends). Just saw the post and thought someone might know the part number? Thanks in advance!!

the cadillac man
07-10-13, 10:36 PM
Has anyone ever seen the cargo net that goes on our trucks, or have the part number? I bought a universal one of eBay sometime ago and OF COUSE it doesn't fit (has a clip at both ends). Just saw the post and thought someone might know the part number? Thanks in advance!!

Contact a gm dealer its a special order part(I am in the same boat)

vicb
07-11-13, 05:31 AM
Found this on gm parts direct, http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

Mark Edward Morrison
07-11-13, 08:55 AM
vicb, what is the part number though so I can search it? When I go to the link it asks year, make, model and then the GM part #? Thanks buddy!

the cadillac man
07-11-13, 02:14 PM
vicb, what is the part number though so I can search it? When I go to the link it asks year, make, model and then the GM part #? Thanks buddy!

It should be under interior