: help! supernavi installed and huge problem!!

cane87
07-10-13, 12:27 PM
ok guys, if someone could help me, i would really appreciate it a great deal

Here is the problem.

I have a 2007 esky.i swapped out the navi/headunit(old version with dvd maps and no ipod connection) for the super navi,from i think a 2012 or 2013

The radio works fine,maps work,ipod works.The problem is my car battery is now dying every time my car sits for long periods of time..Anything like over 2 hours and i need to jump it

I never had a problem with my start ups before i had this radio installed.Battery is good and it started instantly..next day after system was installed

bestbuy did the install for me.

what could it be?

they said it most likely cant be the install because it so basic

also the place i purchased the radio off of on ebay, programmed the radio? could they have programed wrong and its affecting the shut off internal?

or just a defective radio? but everything works fine when in use

anyone can help, much appreciated.

hannity
07-10-13, 12:42 PM
If I were you I would take it to a different Best Buy and have them look at it.

Damndirtyape
07-10-13, 12:53 PM
I presume the install was plug and play, no wire splicing required. If that's the case would almost have to be something internal to the radio or the programming. If they did have to splice wires, most likely they hooked something up to constant 12V rather than switched. Either way, I'd have someone else look at it to rule things out.

cane87
07-10-13, 01:27 PM
I presume the install was plug and play, no wire splicing required. If that's the case would almost have to be something internal to the radio or the programming. If they did have to splice wires, most likely they hooked something up to constant 12V rather than switched. Either way, I'd have someone else look at it to rule things out.
they hooked the ipod connection threw the center console.Not sure if they could mean anything.im like retarted with audio stuff,why i went to bestbuy

hcvone
07-10-13, 01:58 PM
If you have the stock Delco battery replace it, I would look at the battery, they probably disconnected it, I would make sure your hvac system and audio system are off, and disconnect and check the connections and make sure they are clean and tight and the cables are good.