: 18 months after converting rear air ride

producerman
07-10-13, 11:59 AM
Update....been a year and a half since I wised up and stopped throwing money away on compressors and shocks and converted my ESV to gas shocks and could not bre happier.

Best $250 I ever spent.

Not one issue and ride is just fine. Also I can hook uo to any trailer, boat or camper with confidence and little or no sag in the rear.

wesyder
07-10-13, 11:24 PM
Update....been a year and a half since I wised up and stopped throwing money away on compressors and shocks and converted my ESV to gas shocks and could not bre happier.

Best $250 I ever spent.

Not one issue and ride is just fine. Also I can hook uo to any trailer, boat or camper with confidence and little or no sag in the rear.

Thats good to hear, not for everyone tho, i dont like how the truck sags when pulling heavy trailers as well as people on the opposite side of traffic hi beaming me cuz they think my hi beams are on, hell my truck sags on costco runs lol

the cadillac man
07-11-13, 12:05 AM
Thats good to hear, not for everyone tho, i dont like how the truck sags when pulling heavy trailers as well as people on the opposite side of traffic hi beaming me cuz they think my hi beams are on, hell my truck sags on costco runs lol

Mine did that before I replaced my air shocks and compressor (mine would sag also)

wesyder
07-11-13, 12:56 AM
Mine did that before I replaced my air shocks and compressor (mine would sag also)

Yeah mine is fixed too i jus went camping over the holiday weekend had the toy hauler hooked up all weekend with no leak down

producerman
07-11-13, 10:18 AM
I no longer have to worry about it sagging or putting any wait inside or on bumper since eliminating the compressor and air shocks all together.

wesyder
07-11-13, 12:37 PM
I no longer have to worry about it sagging or putting any wait inside or on bumper since eliminating the compressor and air shocks all together.

Then u must have upgraded the springs since thats what sags with the weight, the compressor and shocks only assist the springs

kentd
07-11-13, 01:50 PM
What did you install?

producerman
07-11-13, 02:29 PM
All i did was order the conversion kit from STRUTMASTER ( see invoice below ) and followed the directions with a working compressor and yes Wesyder I had forgotten but the spring shop did do something with the springs for very little cost. Was never so happy to get rid of my air shocks. I had spent thousands on the air ride - went thru two compressors and 3 shocks.

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
-GM-SUV-R1 2002-2006 Cadillac Escalade Rear Air Suspension Conversion Kit (2WD & 4WD)
*Note: The vehicle must have a working compressor in order to eliminate the air suspension warning light.*

1 $199.00 $199.00

Subtotal: $199.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $22.00
Grand Total: $221.00