: Leeft rear turn signal on a o7 SRX

OhioDave
07-10-13, 12:46 PM
I (foolishly) installed a trailer hitch myself. The actual install of the hitch was easy. The wiring harness on the 07 has been a nightmare.
I unplugged the connector over the left rear exhaust and turned on the left turn signal. Using a circuit tester I checker which terminal was getting power. I must have shorted something out because the left rear turn signal no longer works.
I looked at the fuses under the left rear seat and they are good. I removed the small panel under the steering wheel looking for a turn signal modulator as I read the 04 model had them but I found none. Any help would be welcome.

glake89
07-10-13, 01:17 PM
Fuses are in right rear fuse block, labeled 'spare, 10A'

OhioDave
07-10-13, 02:28 PM
Thank you glake89,
I checked the fuses in the right rear fuse box (under right rear seat) and they all looked good.

PJ1520
07-10-13, 02:35 PM
The fuses for the left side rear turn signal are located in the right rear fuse box. And it is marked "spare." Have I got this right? Someone at GM must stay up late at night to plan this stuff out. PJ

OhioDave
07-10-13, 02:49 PM
I looked at all the fuses there and they were good. However, I noticed that every fuse location marked "spare" was an empty slot.

glake89
07-10-13, 02:49 PM
Do you remember what color wires you tested? Turn signal lamps are run by a relay, also in RR fuse block also labeled spare. You should also now have an inoperative lamp DTC. Does the brake light also not work? This is getting interesting!

PJ, right! all this stuff goes through the body control module. Oh, for the simpler days.

Dave, then check the BCM fuses, #3 is in RR block and several are in underhood fuse block.

OhioDave
07-10-13, 03:34 PM
Running lights work. Turn signal and brake light does not. The wire was blue.

----------

Update.
With glake89's guidance it appears that it's the BCM5 under hood. WooHoo. Well I might be celebrating too soon. I will find out pronto.

----------

That was it glake89. BCM 5 underhood. I owe you sir. Thank you.

glake89
07-10-13, 03:52 PM
Anything for a fellow Buckeye.