: New Member with a New CTS Coupe

k.thed
07-10-13, 12:35 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is Kevin and my fiancÚ and I just purchased a brand new leftover 2012 CTS Performance Coupe. I'll be honest, I've never been a GM fan. I'm a diehard Ford guy, always owned Fords, and 'I' always will. 'Us', on the other hand, apparently buy GM now lol. Test drove Infiniti G37 coupes, and the CTS outclassed them in every aspect.

If anyone has any advice to offer or kind words of encouragement, they would be greatly appreciated. We're looking forward to many good years with this beautiful car!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

orconn
07-10-13, 12:48 AM
Congratulations, Kevin and your intended, on the purchase of your new CTS. Welcome to the Forums!

talismandave
07-10-13, 09:36 AM
Hey Kevin, Glad you found us here. Hope you love the new Cadillac. Sounds like you have a good handle on the "I" "we" thing!:lol:

That is much more important than what car you drive.:rollingpin:

:welcome5:

Ranger
07-10-13, 11:14 AM
:welcome:

CadillacLuke24
07-10-13, 03:14 PM
Welcome! What kind of Ford do you have?

77CDV
07-10-13, 05:32 PM
:welcome: Kevin! You sound like a guy who knows how to keep peace in his house. :)

k.thed
07-10-13, 08:29 PM
Thank you all for the kind welcome. I already feel right at home! lol

I actually have a 2010 F350 CCLB 4x4 Powerstroke myself. It's my third F350, preceeded by a 2003 F150, and a 1996 Lincoln Town Car. Like I said, I'm all Ford. My father and I have always had Ford trucks, and my mother currently has a Lincoln MKX Elite. This is very out of my realm to step into the GM world, but I don't think there is a finer GM product to own than a Cadillac. I suppose I would be lying if I said I didn't wish Lincoln made some sort of a sporty coupe. Such is life... I loved my 96' Town Car dearly. It was a fantastic car with a lot of power, great ride, and good MPG. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this Cadillac to turn out as well.

Now I've already got a question about the new car. We are sort of in limbo with the dealership at the moment on getting our car. Long story, 'our' car is in the body shop with 11 miles on the odometer being prepped for paint work because of a blemish near the drivers side door handle. Looks like one hell of a door ding injury we noticed upon deliver. Shattered the paint directly behind the little piece of plastic trim above the door handle slot. They're supposed to be making it right with us and repairing it to spec, we'll see.... So for the time being, they've set us up with our second loaner vehicle since our trade deal. First was a 2013 XTS4, and now another CTS coupe in white diamond like ours, but with Ivory interior instead of ebony. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they come through on all that for us and do a good job.

My question is, the salesman informed us that this car would stream iPod audio via Bluetooth through the radio, much as the Sync does in my Ford. Our car does not have the navigation, and neither does this 2013 loaner. I played with it for awhile earlier and I don't think it streams audio, just phone calls and voice command. Is that right or does anyone know? I'm very disappointed if it doesn't, but I'm not surprised. Our salesman has been fairly inept until upper management comes around. So I wouldn't be shocked if that wasn't true.

CadillacLuke24
07-10-13, 11:12 PM
Thank you all for the kind welcome. I already feel right at home! lol

I actually have a 2010 F350 CCLB 4x4 Powerstroke myself. It's my third F350, preceeded by a 2003 F150, and a 1996 Lincoln Town Car. Like I said, I'm all Ford. My father and I have always had Ford trucks, and my mother currently has a Lincoln MKX Elite. This is very out of my realm to step into the GM world, but I don't think there is a finer GM product to own than a Cadillac. I suppose I would be lying if I said I didn't wish Lincoln made some sort of a sporty coupe. Such is life... I loved my 96' Town Car dearly. It was a fantastic car with a lot of power, great ride, and good MPG. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this Cadillac to turn out as well.

Now I've already got a question about the new car. We are sort of in limbo with the dealership at the moment on getting our car. Long story, 'our' car is in the body shop with 11 miles on the odometer being prepped for paint work because of a blemish near the drivers side door handle. Looks like one hell of a door ding injury we noticed upon deliver. Shattered the paint directly behind the little piece of plastic trim above the door handle slot. They're supposed to be making it right with us and repairing it to spec, we'll see.... So for the time being, they've set us up with our second loaner vehicle since our trade deal. First was a 2013 XTS4, and now another CTS coupe in white diamond like ours, but with Ivory interior instead of ebony. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they come through on all that for us and do a good job.

My question is, the salesman informed us that this car would stream iPod audio via Bluetooth through the radio, much as the Sync does in my Ford. Our car does not have the navigation, and neither does this 2013 loaner. I played with it for awhile earlier and I don't think it streams audio, just phone calls and voice command. Is that right or does anyone know? I'm very disappointed if it doesn't, but I'm not surprised. Our salesman has been fairly inept until upper management comes around. So I wouldn't be shocked if that wasn't true.

I couldn't tell you for sure. Give the owner's manual a quick perusing, it should be in there if it's on the car. That or ask in the CTS forums.

ben.gators
07-10-13, 11:38 PM

Same story happened to my ATS too! Upon taking delivery of the ATS, I found a small nick on the rear door. To fix the problem, they painted the area, but with the wrong paint! But finally they could make it right! I picked up my ATS today and it is perfect now! Hope they do a good paint job on your car too (at their first try).

And by the well, I am going to assume you have got hell of a deal on the '12 CTS coupe, right? My Cadillac dealership has a brand new '12 coupe for sale and the price tag is already 6k below MSRP, and I bet there is still room to negotiate.
Oh, I forgot to tell this, Hello and Welcome! :p

k.thed
07-11-13, 10:21 AM
Same story happened to my ATS too! Upon taking delivery of the ATS, I found a small nick on the rear door. To fix the problem, they painted the area, but with the wrong paint! But finally they could make it right! I picked up my ATS today and it is perfect now! Hope they do a good paint job on your car too (at their first try).

And by the well, I am going to assume you have got hell of a deal on the '12 CTS coupe, right? My Cadillac dealership has a brand new '12 coupe for sale and the price tag is already 6k below MSRP, and I bet there is still room to negotiate.
Oh, I forgot to tell this, Hello and Welcome! :p

I'm hoping they do good work on it. It makes me so nervous to have any paintwork done, especially on a pearl white.

They made us a dang good deal. $10k off MSRP on the leftover 12 model. They actually had a matching pair of CTS Performance Coupes that are leftover 2012 models. Both white diamond with black leather, but one has a sunroof and the other does not. They're knocking about $10k off of both coupes. Aside from the one we picked with the sunroof having this blemish on the side, I'm hoping it pans out to be a good deal.

k.thed
07-19-13, 11:07 PM
Bit of an update- finally got OUR car from the dealer. They fixed the paint blemish on the door to like new condition. I couldn't even tell it had been repaired. It's beautiful, so happy to have it. 127282127290127298127306127314

Cadillac Kid03
07-20-13, 12:20 AM
Clean Coupe, Welcome!

ben.gators
07-20-13, 12:24 AM
Nice! Happy to hear that the paint work is good! By the way, the dealer added those pinstripes?

talismandave
07-20-13, 02:15 AM
Beautiful car! Love the Cadillac stripes!!!:worship:

k.thed
07-21-13, 02:38 PM
Nice! Happy to hear that the paint work is good! By the way, the dealer added those pinstripes?

Yes the dealer gave us alot of different options for pinstripes they would put on for us. We chose a silver dual stripe with the 'Cadillac' cursive. They had the wreath and shield as another option and I think 'CTS' was another.

talismandave
07-21-13, 11:46 PM
So cool...must find source of them after I get mine painted!:thumbsup: