: Long time lurker first time poster HELP! plz! Wife let it rain in my car, now drivers

whutaboutbob
07-09-13, 07:06 PM
Side door doesn't work, it has dried out for weeks now and nothing. No power window, door, mirror, heated seat, all of it is out. I pulled both fuses (that took a while to figure out) I took it in to get the oil changed and tires rotated and the Midas shop wanted $700.00 for a new switch they said the dealer had to program it?

:banghead:

----------

I hope that I am giving enough details, and if anyone has an IT related problem I can help in return.. I would like to know what I should do? Or, if someone knows what part I need if I can replace it to save money.. ?

TIA

Dan

orandaberg
07-10-13, 06:20 AM
You can look on ebay for a new switch. R u mechanically inclined? To do this yourself?

glake89
07-10-13, 10:25 AM
Your door control module is at fault. If it has to be replaced, a dealer has to program the new one to your car. I would start by removing the door panel and seeing what you can find. The parts should all be weather proof so something else may be at work.

whutaboutbob
07-11-13, 06:55 AM
Thank you all so much for your replies, I greatly appreciate them..

Door control module..

Ebay

Dealer program

Got it!!

Dan

glake89
07-11-13, 09:34 AM
Dan, before you do that, get the DTCs read and report back. There may be something else afoot.

whutaboutbob
07-11-13, 01:06 PM
Dan, before you do that, get the DTCs read and report back. There may be something else afoot.

Thank you, I am not doing anything until then.. I am an IT guy, so you know I am googling what does "DTC" mean.. right now.. :)

SFVetteman
07-11-13, 01:49 PM
Diagnostic Trouble Code

whutaboutbob
07-17-13, 04:47 PM
Diagnostic Trouble Code

Thank you, I will go to the dealer and ask for one.. I assume there will be a charge, and if so, then I should just get an estimate on fixing it then. It's really becoming annoying to open my door every time I need to speak to someone instead of rolling own my window.. lol

Thanks again for all of the help.

Daniel

SFVetteman
07-17-13, 04:57 PM
Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you free of charge.

Bill

whutaboutbob
07-17-13, 04:59 PM
Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you free of charge.

Bill

Okay, well I did that.. the AutoZone guy came out and hooked up a device to my car and there were NO codes on it.
No error messages..

1BadCadSTS
07-17-13, 05:47 PM
Those parts jockey scanners can only indicate a check engine light code. Your problem needs a scanner which is able to read body and chasis codes.

SFVetteman
07-17-13, 06:02 PM
You would think that since they sell scanners that can read B, C and U codes as well as P codes that they would use one of those.. oh well, live and learn.

Bill

1BadCadSTS
07-17-13, 06:18 PM
I'm 90% sure the best scanner advance sells can only read the PCM(or ECM/TCM) and the abs.

Still doesn't help him.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 09:57 AM
Thank you, I will go to the dealer and ask for one.. I assume there will be a charge, and if so, then I should just get an estimate on fixing it then. It's really becoming annoying to open my door every time I need to speak to someone instead of rolling own my window.. lol

Thanks again for all of the help.

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

I see the community has engaged with your concern and are giving their feedback on your situation. Have you been able to figure out a day to go for a diagnosis at the dealer? Please let me know, as I would like to stay involved throughout this process and work towards a resolution with you. If you would like to further discuss these concerns, please private message me and we can continue to interact.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

whutaboutbob
07-22-13, 09:37 PM
I wanted to post an update on here, thank you again for all of your help and comments. I went to an old friends house this weekend who informed me that a mutual friend is the service manager at a local Caddy dealership! I stopped by there today, but he was out to lunch. Called him afterwards and he agreed to look at it for me, promised to give me a deal, and a good OEM part! I just have to get it over there and leave it a while.

Will report back what happens.

thanks!!

dan

whutaboutbob
07-30-13, 10:54 PM
Reporting back in here, my friend took care of the issue for me at employee pricing levels. He got the part OEM, and installed it "Door control module" for under 500 out the door. I pick it up in the morning, can't wait.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Hope I can be of service to anyone in return soon, and I told him.. he's a service manager at a Caddy dealership, about this forum.. :)

Dan