: 05 ESV funny starting

producerman
07-09-13, 04:17 PM
I have had this ESV since 2007 - got it with 25,000 kms and has just over 200,000 kms now. Love this SUV and rather drive it than my new one. Anyway maybe this has been discussed but I thought I would ask. I maintain my vehicles very well and nothing but best fluids and so on.

This ESV always has to be cranked over 2x before it starts. You can crank the first time forever and will not start but as soon as you stop and crank again it fires right up. I purposely just crank the first time really quick now and the second time it starts.

Any suggestions on what this could be.

Thanks

the cadillac man
07-09-13, 05:17 PM
I have had this ESV since 2007 - got it with 25,000 kms and has just over 200,000 kms now. Love this SUV and rather drive it than my new one. Anyway maybe this has been discussed but I thought I would ask. I maintain my vehicles very well and nothing but best fluids and so on.

This ESV always has to be cranked over 2x before it starts. You can crank the first time forever and will not start but as soon as you stop and crank again it fires right up. I purposely just crank the first time really quick now and the second time it starts.

Any suggestions on what this could be.

Thanks

It sounds like the fuel pump is failing
Try turning the key to run one time(don't try starting) then turn the key off and the try starting the truck

producerman
07-10-13, 12:29 AM
Thanks. I will try in the morning.