: My car Quacks

jaimarti
02-23-05, 12:17 AM
:hmm: I have a strange issue everytime I start my car and start moving I hear a quack, yes a quack at least that is what it sounds like. It does not do it any other time. It is a 94 eldo it runs good no other issues with the vehical. I have only had the vehical a short time and don't know if this is normal, but just can't imagine what it is. It is hard to check out since it only does it once after you start it and start moving. Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated.

peteski
02-23-05, 01:05 AM
If it only happens once during the ignition cycle (engine is started, then you start drivning) then you are probably hearing the selftest of your ABS/Traction Control unit.

It runs the ABS/TC motor and solenoids when the car reaches 4MPH (IIRC). Only once until the engine is shut off and restarted again.

This noise drove me crazy until I found an explanation in the service manual.

Peteski

jaimarti
02-23-05, 11:18 PM
Thank you for the reply. I ordered an a set of service manuals. and look forward to skiming them. I did not think it was anythin serious put my wife thinks it is strang to have a quaking noise.

peteski
02-23-05, 11:34 PM
Skimming the manuals?! They'll give you some good bathroom reading for few months!! :lildevil:

2 volumes about as thick as phone books!
Enjoy!

:D

Peteski

david binkley
02-24-05, 02:06 PM
could be your neighbor raises ducks. I'd look for a hole in the fence

mcowden
02-25-05, 12:54 PM
could be your neighbor raises ducks. I'd look for a hole in the fence

ROFL! Or maybe there's one wrapped around the alternator pulley? :histeric:

blb
02-27-05, 04:00 PM
If you look at your Caddy emblem, there are ducks on it (seriously, check it out). I can't imagine they are quacking though.