: Paint coming off rear of roof corners.

wyoescalade
07-09-13, 02:10 PM
I have a 2010 Escalade and noticed paint coming off the rear corners of the roof of the vehicle. I wanted to see if I was the only one with this problem so I set out to prove it, I visited dealerships in multiple states and took pictures of the rear roof corners and several of the vehicles were 2010's like mine and guess what? the vehicles I found all had paint coming off the rear corners of the roofs. The pictures below show this problem, has anyone else noticed this? I believe the paint peels off this part because of heat/cold contraction and vibration and water probably channels to that area and freezes to me this is yet another quality problem it truly bothers me.

123946 123962

wyoescalade
09-06-13, 05:28 PM
I currently have a dealer looking at this problem, has anyone else looked to see if this has happened to yours? I do live in a cold area, one day it can be nice and the next day freezing.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-06-13, 06:17 PM
I currently have a dealer looking at this problem, has anyone else looked to see if this has happened to yours? I do live in a cold area, one day it can be nice and the next day freezing.
Hello wyoescalade,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Escalade’s paint. I do see that you are currently working with a dealership in regards to this concern. Please keep us updated on the result of the visit with the dealership. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message us. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Nice Ride
09-09-13, 12:25 AM
Will check mine today... 09

MoistCabbage
09-09-13, 03:49 AM
Is that area steel or seam sealer? Paint peeling off of exposed seam sealer is very common... not that there should be any exposed seam sealer on a $60K/$70K vehicle.

Rich08
09-09-13, 05:19 PM
I just saw this the same thing on my 08

wyoescalade
09-10-13, 06:02 PM
I showed the dealer the problem, even emailed pictures like the one's attached here and they can see the paint coming off and said I could use some paint. I suspect they are going to just going to use touch up paint and I really don't feel comfortable trying to do it myself, I think they should replace the seam seal and then paint it so the paint will adhere better because that seam is dirty, I don't know how hard it is for them to replace the seam. I'm disappointed my vehicle is doing this and it's a 2010, I noticed it last year but I don't live close to a Cadillac dealer so I waited until my vacation to have this done so I could visit a dealer. If this was common I would think they could do something to keep it from happening, this area of the vehicle looks unfinished like it needs a cap but that is the way they come.

2kflhr
09-10-13, 09:04 PM
Personally, If it was a small area and not noticeable in a inconspicuous area I would rather touch it up than to have them cut out the old sealer and replace it. You might end up with a hack job.

MrHolland
09-10-13, 09:30 PM
^^^^Agreed, Touch up paint first, if it returns then maybe press for a different solution. That seal was put in there at the factory, the body shop may not be able to put it back as the factory did. Who knows what you may end up with. JMHO!!!

rgb129
09-11-13, 10:15 AM
I used touch-up paint on mine and it is holding up pretty well. No cracking or flaking...

wyoescalade
09-12-13, 07:04 PM
I'm going to allow cadi to touch it up these seams first and if it keeps having problems I'm going to seek further remedies. I have pictures of Cadillac's in sales lot's with this paint issue like mine and dealers aren't thoroughly inspecting them to fix so I'm informing consumers here and other forums to look for this and have Cadillac fix it before buying. Because Cadillac had a habit of not fixing things they should be responsible for. If you have problems with the chrome flaking on your wheels they won't fix them either so don't buy a used cadi with out checking the wheels and make them replace them first If there flaking . rub your hands on the inner areas of the wheels and get close also check the hub covers they fade and lose there color have caddy replace them also.

wyoescalade
09-25-13, 04:43 PM
Hey have others checked the rear roof seams of your Escalades to see if the paint is coming off? I'm curious to see how many people like me spent top dollar for a vehicle with paint coming off, chrome coming off there TOP chrome wheels. People buy these vehicles expecting lasting quality when we take care of our vehicles, they are investments and we feel GM will stand why there warranty but they WONT, beware buyers of used Cadillacs or new Cadillacs that quality problems GM isn't fixing don't spend this much money until GM fixes these problems or agree's to cover them in there warranties because right now they haven't fixed them and from what I can see they haven't fixed them for years and they work hard to make people not fight to get them fixed. Don't talk to the Cadillac customer Service representatives on this forum they aren't here to help you they will fight against you, do not fall into there trap. If you get contacted privately by Gregory or others from Cadillac customer service on this forum don't let there eager helpfulness confuse you they are not working for you they get paid by Cadillac and that's who's interest they have NOT your's!

sdgc
09-25-13, 07:52 PM
If your dealer isn't going with your warranty try another dealer or call Gm direct. They will warrant paint defects. 5 years.

wyoescalade
09-27-13, 04:30 PM
I've already been to the the dealer unfortunately the dealer and Cadillac aren't doing what they should, I was made promises by the dealership and Gregory from Cadillac customer service wouldn't even call me yet he spoke to the dealership!! I gave him my number in my correspondence and he made some flaky excuse that he thought he should communicate with me on here, well he didnt communicate with me and just said you have been denied! and he wouldn't find out my concern. They claim for reasons that aren't true and the paint they didn't even address even though they knew about the problem before I took the vehicle into the dealership, i had taken the vehicle back and asked them if they would address the paint issue and they said yes, and said the paint was in but then when I went to take the vehicle they told me the paint was on NATIONAL BACK ORDER. I called other dealerships and it wasn't, so I discovered that the dealership was lying and GM doesn't care!!! they don't give a crap about customers it's just about money. For those of you that think warranty this and warranty that. If you don't think I have already tried all the diplomatic steps to work with GM, you might think I was just born. I gave the dealership color pictures just like the one's I posted her, they agreed and said they were going to do it and then didn't. I was told they would mail the paint to me when they get it in and I know that's going to be a LIE, I have been lied to because this dealership can't be honest with customers. Until your in a situation where the dealership puts there advisors in the same area as the people using power tools, I kept trying to tell the advisor and each time the guy with the vehicle next to me would use the power drill and we couldn't hear anything, they had VERY poor planning in remodeling there dealership it was so noisy in there I couldn't communicate with the advisor so I sent my concerns in a email with pictures to the service manager so he could provide the information to the advisor. POOR communications in this dealership and poor communications with Cadillac customer service. Some may think I'm ranting but I'm informing other potential customers so they can choose other models until Cadillac makes things right. I got a call from Cadillac the other day on my phone at 8:45PM as I was going to bed, and I answered and they hung up, then the other day at 8:15 and I answered and they hung up. I'm just fuming mad at them - DONT TALK TO GREGORY with customer service is my warning to all of you, you'll be wasting your time and he's not working for you he's trying to control costs for Cadillac so if you work with him you'll get NOTHING! again I'm informing all of you.