: 99 catera cd/cassette player problems

jewflong
07-09-13, 12:47 PM
I had recently purchased a catera with 25,xxx miles on it, and it rejects CDs and cassettes saying "error". The car is in excellent condition and in my opinion has no reason not to work. Any help or answers would be nice.

kaustein
07-09-13, 02:05 PM
Preview of what is to come. The radio was the only thing that I never had a problem with.

retho78
07-09-13, 05:19 PM
Are u using mp3 music files on the disc? It only plays standard audio discs.

jewflong
07-10-13, 12:58 AM
I haven't tried tried it with a copies disc which is why a red flag went off when my "5150" wouldn't play. So I thought it was just the CD player, but my cassette player, which I also own licensed copies of, does the same error as the CD player. Maybe it's wiring or something that I could quick fix or maybe I just need to buy a new radio.

kaustein
07-10-13, 06:46 PM
Probably not a quick fix. The radio may think that it was "stolen". Disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes, hook back up and try again.

MoistCabbage
07-10-13, 08:46 PM
The radio doesn't care what condition the car is in. Things age, and can fail at any time.

If the HU was in anti theft mode, it wouldn't work at all. Still worth a shot disconnecting both battery terminals, and touching them together.