: Need Driver Information Center help for 05 Escalade ESV

Jeff24
07-09-13, 09:51 AM
I'm a proud new owner of a fine machine with most of this bells and whistles ringing and chirping. However, I bought it without a owners manual and cannot get the for Driver Information Center buttons on the steering to function. Odometer / trip works fine and fuses are okay. Can someone offer advice on how to troubleshoot?

the cadillac man
07-09-13, 11:37 AM
I'm a proud new owner of a fine machine with most of this bells and whistles ringing and chirping. However, I bought it without a owners manual and cannot get the for Driver Information Center buttons on the steering to function. Odometer / trip works fine and fuses are okay. Can someone offer advice on how to troubleshoot?

Sounds almost like the clock spring in the column
Does any of the steering wheel controls work at all(radio, onstar) if no then the clock spring will need replacing
This would also cause the air bag light to stay on

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your truck

Jeff24
07-10-13, 12:01 AM
Thank you. Top buttons function well except the voice command. After some trial and error, I was able to access some selections after holding down the "i" button for several seconds. Not able to figure out how to access the toys like tire pressure, gage, and trip computer. But, I'm working blind without owner and repair manual or schematics....any for sale or download out there?

the cadillac man
07-10-13, 03:02 AM
Thank you. Top buttons function well except the voice command. After some trial and error, I was able to access some selections after holding down the "i" button for several seconds. Not able to figure out how to access the toys like tire pressure, gage, and trip computer. But, I'm working blind without owner and repair manual or schematics....any for sale or download out there?

Sounds like the buttons are worn

Ps pm me if you want a manual