: Anyone get Gran Turismo 4 yet?

CoupeDevilleRob
02-22-05, 10:47 PM
I just got a few hours ago...

Oh my God, this game is freakin sweet! For starters, they let you transfer some of your licenses and money from 3 so you don't have to start from the beginning. The first car I bought was the GNX. The only Caddy is the Cien :(. Hopefully there are some you can unlock. There are so many cool features I can't begin to list them, actually I haven't even found most of them yet. I played the New York track and it is insanely accurate, right down to the billboards in Times Square (They even got that huge CTS billboard in there).

Well, I gotta get back to the game now, I can't wait for other people to start checking in.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-22-05, 10:50 PM
nope not yet , coulda got it today but i told EB to sell it to someone who wants it as i orderd from best buy ....hope they send it out tomorrow ...

Ralph
02-22-05, 11:06 PM
It's supposed to have Musclecars so I can't wait!

Adam
02-22-05, 11:19 PM
ya know i was at the store today and i thought about buying it. i picked it up and looked at it and it looks like a good game but it doesnt look to have anything on Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition so i didnt buy it. MC3 was supposed to hit stores way back in mid January (according to the sign) and i went to buy it. i found out that it got pushed back to mid April. sucks but oh well, good things come to those who wait.

Kev
02-22-05, 11:25 PM
Oh boy, here we go again. This one oughta be good for a few dozen pages! :nono:

MrSmith
02-23-05, 12:23 AM
Oh boy, here we go again. This one oughta be good for a few dozen pages! :nono:

Whats wrong KEV, you not into video games?? GT is rated E.

Only fudgin witch cha. some of us just like to share what we play with other people because some of us dont have any friends other that the internet:rolleyes2

sad huh?? Im one of them.

about GT, I didnt get it yet. Im waiting to see what the crowd says

ben72227
02-23-05, 12:43 AM
I'm not sure whether to get it or not. I have GT 3, and i've found that Sim racing just isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather be playing an arcade racer like Burnout 3 or Midnight Club 3... However, GT 4 looks like its gonna be super sweet with tons of good AMERICAN cars, so i might just pick it up.

MrSmith
02-23-05, 12:53 AM
I'm not sure whether to get it or not. I have GT 3, and i've found that Sim racing just isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather be playing an arcade racer like Burnout 3 or Midnight Club 3... However, GT 4 looks like its gonna be super sweet with tons of good AMERICAN cars, so i might just pick it up.

I have similar feelings. I have all the Gt's but this time Im just gonna wait it out until it hits the 19.99 sale. I hope. I think I can hold out. Im waiting for Dub City.

Msilva954
02-23-05, 09:14 AM
The least they coulda done was put a 1993 Deville Touring Sedan in there............

Kev
02-23-05, 10:14 AM
Whats wrong KEV, you not into video games?? GT is rated E.

Only fudgin witch cha. some of us just like to share what we play with other people because some of us dont have any friends other that the internet:rolleyes2

sad huh?? Im one of them.

about GT, I didnt get it yet. Im waiting to see what the crowd says
I'ts OK, it was meant as a joke. :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-23-05, 12:17 PM
well looks like i wont be getting it anytime soon ...

i canceled my preorder with EB Games ....after i had preordered from besy buy ....today it went from "preorderd" to "backordered"

prolly be what 6-8 weeks before they even ship it i bet ....

Adumb
02-23-05, 01:52 PM
As far a video games go, im stuck in the stone age. the newest games i play are gt2, the first metal gear solid and tony hawks 2. on the 1st playstation

ShadowLvr400
02-23-05, 02:19 PM
I have it. Running a 91 Silvia S13 (Think 200SX) as my first car. Deviated from my beloved Miata. Running it, only slightly tweaked against some bigger stuff. SL500, 300C, Crossfire, Z4.... Being outrun on straights, but more aggressive in the turns, so I'm still squeaking out wins.

Ralph
02-23-05, 02:21 PM
I have it. Running a 91 Silvia S13 (Think 200SX) as my first car. Deviated from my beloved Miata. Running it, only slightly tweaked against some bigger stuff. SL500, 300C, Crossfire, Z4.... Being outrun on straights, but more aggressive in the turns, so I'm still squeaking out wins.

Too soon for cheats I take it? Do they list which musclecars they offer?

Graphics significantly better?

ShadowLvr400
02-23-05, 02:22 PM
I just got a few hours ago...

Oh my God, this game is freakin sweet! For starters, they let you transfer some of your licenses and money from 3 so you don't have to start from the beginning. The first car I bought was the GNX. The only Caddy is the Cien :(. Hopefully there are some you can unlock. There are so many cool features I can't begin to list them, actually I haven't even found most of them yet. I played the New York track and it is insanely accurate, right down to the billboards in Times Square (They even got that huge CTS billboard in there).

Well, I gotta get back to the game now, I can't wait for other people to start checking in.

I couldn't get mine to fish out my GT3 ones, so I started from scratch. Trying a new starter car, instead of my classic Miata.

DeVillish
02-23-05, 06:16 PM
I played it out in town but i cant read japanese, lol. Whats odd is i have to wait longer to get it even though iam in japan! It takes forever for get the US versions over here! I do have it pre-ordered of amazon but i wont get here till the end of march! AHHH!

ShadowLvr400
02-23-05, 07:07 PM
Time to learn to read Jap.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
02-23-05, 07:19 PM
I went to my local blockbuster to pick it up but they looked at me like i was speaking japanese...they had no idea what the game was or when it was coming in...i felt like smacking them around

Stoneage_Caddy
02-23-05, 09:59 PM
bought it at wallymart , best buy screwed me ...playing now transfered my a and b liscense and $100k

i prolly wont be around much now ....bye everyone LOL

Ralph
02-23-05, 10:01 PM
bought it at wallymart , best buy screwed me ...playing now transfered my a and b liscense and $100k

i prolly wont be around much now ....bye everyone LOL

Stoney, |I want to know about the graphics and how it looks. Is it much better than GT3, or pretty much the same. Is the motion smooth or are there slowdowns, etc?

Vesicant
02-23-05, 10:01 PM
I want a PS2 and i want GT4 :(

CoupeDevilleRob
02-23-05, 10:15 PM
It's well worth the investment Jeff.

The graphics are slightly improved, I don't think they could do much better than 3.

As for my GNX, I did some modifying and took it to the strip. The best ET I turned was a 13.105. I gotta get into the 12s!!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-23-05, 11:04 PM
the game is heads and tails beatter than gt3 ...i am a very happy little boy .....

Started out with a 04 GTO , had a blower and it and everything else 75k and a goat will get you ....decided that wont work the way i want ...going back , gonna try a vette or something with beatter handleing out fo the box ...but with a twist ...an american car only ....GM only ...

Stoneage_Caddy
02-23-05, 11:35 PM
It's well worth the investment Jeff.

The graphics are slightly improved, I don't think they could do much better than 3.

As for my GNX, I did some modifying and took it to the strip. The best ET I turned was a 13.105. I gotta get into the 12s!!
the strip ???? where where where ????? :bighead:

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 02:50 AM
Under the High Speed testing, on the right side.

Right now, I'm winning my 3rd endurance race for 150k. With a 70 Chevelle SS 454. :) It's the 1000 mile race under the European races section. Nothing newer than 1970. The Chevelle is a monster next to everything else. Little Benz SL 300 (The gull wing) a 66 Honda S800, an Alfa Romeo... They're all tiny next to my Chevelle. And its 487 horses are having a field day. I can't wait to supercharge it. (Yes, they put in the s/c.) My trained driver is getting to be excellent.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-24-05, 02:55 AM
ahh . good idea on the endurace ...i won my 70ss from the american hotrod series thing ...that and a few other series races were done with a Z06 vette , superchagred it and everything ....

gonna try that endurance race thing tomrrow ...only gonna do it once tho...cheat codes will be out by next week ..then ill have the cash i need ...then im buying a couple rigs and gettin after it ...the Z06 is getting its little butt kicked int he tuner series

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:08 AM
I actually had picked up an 05 Mustang... sigh. Bad me.

Ralph
02-24-05, 05:10 AM
Crap!!

I NEED this game!! That's something stupid about all the previous GT games, namely, what happened to the "increase displacement" selection?! They had it but you could never use it! Other things were missing also.

I hope it's big.

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:13 AM
I'm still playing it... Bought at 10 am... home at 10:20am (got cokes) been playing since. It is currently 4:12 am the next day. I'll go to bed after this race.

Ralph
02-24-05, 05:21 AM
I'll go to bed after this race.

Ya sure, you'll have to force yourself, LOL! :yup:

I'll post a video review of the 2005 Mustang for ya in the Lounge....looks like a winner.

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:42 AM
11.09 in the 400m for my GNX. :)
10.315.... Bwahahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!1

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:46 AM
And pulled 214.26 mph top speed, in the same GNX. Though I admit, adjusted the gears.

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:50 AM
10.284 :)

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 06:07 AM
Still playing... someone put me to bed...

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 06:31 AM
Ok, going to bed finally... 5:30 am... 19 hours playing....

DeVillish
02-24-05, 10:58 AM
I hate you guys, lol. Iam going to the friggin on base stores to see if they can get it faster!

Stoneage_Caddy
02-24-05, 12:44 PM
I hate you guys, lol. Iam going to the friggin on base stores to see if they can get it faster!

ahh the sacrifices you guys make so we can have the freedom to play kickass video games

keep me posted devillish ...i still have that copy on order from best buy ....can send to APO addy still i think

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 03:06 PM
Oh... My... Word... Nurbergring is insane. High speed, constant elevation changes, sharp little turns, its, its... Ok, I only had to do 1 lap, and I'm now tired from the number of shifts and turns. My E55 AMG is sweating from all the work. And it's tweaked too.

MrSmith
02-24-05, 05:42 PM
I said Im not going to get it yet so stop trying to convince me with all tha fun ya'll are having!!!

But tell me this, Is there still those 50 lap endurance races? I hate those races. and I saw some say something about the license being transfered from GT3. Is it true? The only cheats I use for GT is the license cheat to get the GOLD because you get special cars if you get the gold I think.

ShadowLvr400
02-24-05, 05:49 PM
There are endurance races. But, if you train your computer driver well, and put a decent car under him, he'll win them for you. Just tell him to pit every so often.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-25-05, 12:39 AM
back on track with the c5 ..turns out the game put me on stock tires for one race ...and never told me i could go back to race tires ...back to kicking arse and taking names ...bring them damned hondas on !!!

MrSmith
02-25-05, 04:00 PM
There are endurance races. But, if you train your computer driver well, and put a decent car under him, he'll win them for you. Just tell him to pit every so often.

train my computer driver??:hmm:

Ralph
02-25-05, 04:02 PM

I think these games are getting more smart than us and soon we won't have to play them, just watch them LOL!!

I hated those long endurance races.

MrSmith
02-25-05, 04:16 PM
I think these games are getting more smart than us and soon we won't have to play them, just watch them LOL!!

I hated those long endurance races.

me too.

I use to use a cheat that reduced the long laps to just a few or 1 or 2. I only did that because I couldnt get the car if I didnt win the race. I just hate those endurance races.

DeVillish
02-26-05, 02:22 AM
YAY! it got sent out yesterday! I cant wait.

ShadowLvr400
02-26-05, 01:36 PM

The more he races, the better he gets. Advance him through the races, and he gets to be pretty damn good overall.

slk230mb
02-26-05, 03:24 PM
Here are some shots from me and my friend playing:

Edit- it's just easier if I link to them on my server.

http://www.smatarese.com/gt4/gt4.html

slk230mb
02-26-05, 03:26 PM
Edit-see above post

Stoneage_Caddy
02-26-05, 04:45 PM
anyone else wonder when they will get to use the racing tires they bought for there car ? ever damned race ive been in wont let me use the slicks i bought ...i have to use those stupid street tires ....wish i woulda known the game lets you buy the tires but doesnt allow you to use them ...sucks

Ralph
02-26-05, 05:04 PM
Here are some shots from me and my friend playing:

Edit- it's just easier if I link to them on my server.

http://www.smatarese.com/gt4/gt4.html

WOW! I can't wait to see it on my TV!

Ralph
02-26-05, 05:05 PM
anyone else wonder when they will get to use the racing tires they bought for there car ? ever damned race ive been in wont let me use the slicks i bought ...i have to use those stupid street tires ....wish i woulda known the game lets you buy the tires but doesnt allow you to use them ...sucks

I wonder if you have to unlock them?? There seems to be always something in evert GT game that they have but you cannot use, like the engine displacement option on previous versions.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-26-05, 06:11 PM
no i got to use them in one race ...out of i dunno how many races ...i think the game is set up so you only get to use racing tires whenever the game is useing racing tires...its so damned hard to keep up in the corners ...

5 second penalitys are a pain in my ass too ....one rally event the other car hit me and i got the penality ...the other car got the win ...

CoupeDevilleRob
02-26-05, 10:43 PM
I wonder if you have to unlock them?? There seems to be always something in evert GT game that they have but you cannot use, like the engine displacement option on previous versions.

I haven't seen a car yet that you can use the displacement option on. Has anyone gotten the Cien yet? What race do you need to win? I want my Caddy!!!

Ralph
02-27-05, 12:19 AM
So I go to the store earlier and they don't even have it yet!!!!!

I guess we get it after the U.S. gets it! :annoyed:

Stoneage_Caddy
02-27-05, 12:21 AM
i got the cien ...its awesome ...got 90 miles on it already
"SPECIAL CONDITION HALL (EASY):
Rally d' Umbria : CADILLAC CIEN '02"
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gran_turismo_4_prize.txt

ShadowLvr400
02-27-05, 11:50 AM
I haven't seen a car yet that you can use the displacement option on. Has anyone gotten the Cien yet? What race do you need to win? I want my Caddy!!!

I have the Cien. Won it..... I forget where. I want to think the Pan Euro series under European section.

newton
02-27-05, 08:31 PM
THE ONLY CADDY IS CIEN IS ONLY CADDY :cookoo: NO V SERIES ANYTHING !?!?

HotRodSaint
02-28-05, 02:44 PM
I haven't finished GT3 yet! :annoyed:

Can you also transfer cars? Or just licenses?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-28-05, 02:48 PM
just a and B liscense and up to $100k you made on gt3 ....

EvilXbox
02-28-05, 07:39 PM
And if you don't have a ps2....and you have an Xbox.....wait till' may. They're comming out with Forza Motorsport. Its going to give GT4 a run for its money. Or so they say.......

Ralph
02-28-05, 07:41 PM
And if you don't have a ps2....and you have an Xbox.....wait till' may. They're comming out with Forza Motorsport. Its going to give GT4 a run for its money. Or so they say.......

Until PS3 comes out that will be 4 times more powerful and 1,000 times faster than an XBOX. :shhh: ;)

slk230mb
03-08-05, 12:46 AM
Bump, I think this is thread you were talking about before Ralph?

Ralph
03-08-05, 02:32 AM
Bump, I think this is thread you were talking about before Ralph?

Thanks, ya, I can't believe it got so buried!

DeVillish
03-08-05, 02:44 AM
FINALY! its here YAY! but iam stuck at work and cant play till tonight! damn work. iam glad i got tomarrow off cause no sleep for me tonight!