: DROVE THROUGH WATER TRUCK BARELY WILL DRIVE Help

jcobra99
07-09-13, 04:13 AM
I drove my 2002 escalade through some water it was quite a bit it was raining really hard. it then started to hesitate and would barely drive when i pressed the gas. Let it fry out a few days and it still dosent drive right. I can get it goin and drive a mile or so but then it will die. Any ideas of what to do. I know id didnt hydrolock it will start and run.

the cadillac man
07-09-13, 11:33 AM
I drove my 2002 escalade through some water it was quite a bit it was raining really hard. it then started to hesitate and would barely drive when i pressed the gas. Let it fry out a few days and it still dosent drive right. I can get it goin and drive a mile or so but then it will die. Any ideas of what to do. I know id didnt hydrolock it will start and run.

A hydrolocked engine will still start and run(poorly) you just won't know it did
There was another member on here who did the same and it totaled his truck because it bent a connecting rod on one of the pistons

Remove the top of the air intake box if there is water in there(or was water in there) your engine may have suffered

Other then that it would be electronic issues(PCM failure) but that wouldn't let you even start the truck if it failed

jcobra99
07-10-13, 09:40 PM
Any other ideas?

the cadillac man
07-10-13, 10:38 PM
Any other ideas?

Nope

MoistCabbage
07-10-13, 11:34 PM
Check the plug wells and coil connections for water.

jcobra99
07-11-13, 01:18 AM
I got it to run a little bit. I can drive it around for like 5-10 minutes it still hesitates but does rev up. In idle i can rev it up all the way dosent sound like a bent rod.

dkozloski
07-11-13, 01:55 AM
It sure sounds like you hydrauliced it.