Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Samll leak after install of 160 Thermo?

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gary Wells 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I might need help. I changed the Thermostat and I have a small leak. I have tighten to spec and I still have a small leak. I was seeing if not lining the rubber gasket right would be the issue. Just want to see what you say before I break it down again.

Thanks

#7 ·
I remember when installing my 160 thermostat that it has to go in a certain way or else it would leak. It will go into the hole, but it wound not seat properly and you will need to find the sweet spot for it to fit correctly and not leak. Remove the housing and then rotate the thermostat until you feel it seat correctly.

#11 ·
I'm interested to know do any of these engines run at 160 deg. When driven hard or even on a hot day with the air on ?.. I was thinking about it I have din it and every car I installed on on unless it was 20 deg. Out still ran over 200 . How about the V horsepower = heat.

#14 ·
06 sts v here. Car runs 178° tstat. Before hx by TimC it was running about 198° to 210° with iat2 from 170°-190° depending on driving style. After hx/jabsco pump install the car never runs hotter than 190° - 195° with iat2 at 115°-160° (85° to 90° outside), even after a long stretch of spirited driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.