: URPA or Parking Assist 07 DTS: Need diagram for sensors

SNIPEREAGLE177
07-08-13, 10:58 PM
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out how to correct my parking assist system. I have taken it to the dealer and I quote "its beyond repair and obsolete now". Even though I walk 100 feet to the showroom and point out the sensors on any of the 2013 lineup. So that's the dealer I'm dealing with :/ Regardless of their poor attitude I would like to fix it. Can someone here be nice enough to share a copy of the diagram for this system and location of the URPA module?

Submariner409
07-10-13, 05:46 PM
There's a built-in diagnostic system in the URPA module. You trigger the test and use a yellow/red light flash sequence in the indicator itself to decipher the fault(s).

Either use the GM/Helm service manual, the Cadillac Tech Tips in Discussions, or Google the AWH (Anthony W. Haukap) websites for GM diagnostics.

SNIPEREAGLE177
07-13-13, 07:57 PM
409, I bought a subscription to ALLDATA, excellent it gives me a full pin out of all the connectors in the car with full diagrams. However after finding the module and running voltage and resistance tests everything seems to be fine. I have 8.48 volts going to the front and rear and 430 resistance on all 8 sensors. I read an article of someone hacking these sensors and how they work. Apparently these sensors feed the module pulses in and out and can hear or create ultrasonic pulses depending on what the module tells them to do. But I did look for a test plug on mine and could not find it. Do you have a picture of what this looks like?

danog
07-14-13, 09:20 AM
No test plug on your DTS. When you had it at the dealer did they give you a list of codes. First of all whats it doing. If you can get someone with a TECH 2 to read the codes it will tell you the bad sensor or its not getting a return signal.

DTC B0954 01 Parking Aid Front Sensor 1 (Left) Circuit—Short to Battery

DTC B0954 06 Parking Aid Front Sensor 1 Circuit (Left)—Signal Circuit Short to Ground or Open

DTC B0954 08 Parking Aid Front Sensor 1 (Left) Circuit—Signal Invalid

DTC B0954 21 Parking Aid Front Sensor 1 (Left) Circuit—Incorrect Period

DTC B0955 01 Parking Aid Front Sensor 2 (Left Middle) Circuit—Short to Battery

DTC B0955 06 Parking Aid Front Sensor 2 (Left Middle) Circuit—Short to Ground or Open

DTC B0955 01 Parking Aid Front Sensor 2 (Left Middle) Circuit—Signal Invalid

DTC B0955 21 Parking Aid Front Sensor 2 (Left Middle) Circuit—Incorrect Period

DTC B0956 01 Parking Aid Front Sensor 3 (Right Middle) Circuit—Short to Battery

DTC B0956 06 Parking Aid Front Sensor 3 (Right Middle) Circuit—Short to Ground or Open

DTC B0956 08 Parking Aid Front Sensor 3 (Right Middle) Circuit—Signal Invalid

DTC B0956 21 Parking Aid Front Sensor 3 (Right Middle) Circuit—Incorrect Period

DTC B0957 01 Parking Aid Front Sensor 4 (Right Corner) Circuit—Short to Battery

DTC B0957 06 Parking Aid Front Sensor 4 (Right Corner) Circuit—Short to Ground or Open

DTC B0957 08 Parking Aid Front Sensor 4 (Right Corner) Circuit—Signal Invalid

DTC B0957 21 Parking Aid Front Sensor 4 (Right Corner) Circuit—Incorrect Period