: Digital Dash and CUE Display

Stoofpilot
07-08-13, 09:52 PM
Looking at buying a Platinum STX. Test drove the car today. I noticed that with my sun glasses on, the Digital displays brightness varied based on how I turned my head to look at them. Probably the polarization of my glasses.

Looking over to the right at the main menu you could hardly see the icons or in the Nav mode the GO button.

Anyone else have an issue with this?

kipsts
07-10-13, 04:30 PM
Looking at buying a Platinum STX. Test drove the car today. I noticed that with my sun glasses on, the Digital displays brightness varied based on how I turned my head to look at them. Probably the polarization of my glasses.

Looking over to the right at the main menu you could hardly see the icons or in the Nav mode the GO button.

Anyone else have an issue with this? My sunglasses (Maui Jims) are polarized and while that clearly reduces the brightness of the HUD it still remains totally visible and useful in my Platinum XTS. I only noticed it initially when I drove my car with out sunglasses and saw how really bright the HUD is Au Naturale. I have not experienced any issues with my sunglasses on and reading the Nav screen. :cool2:

Stoofpilot
07-10-13, 09:03 PM
Bought the Platinum STX today. Had no problems using a pair of Callaway sunglasses.

Thanks

kipsts
07-10-13, 09:44 PM
Congrats! May you have many pleasurable miles in it. Post some pics when you get a chance. :cool2: