: New icon in DIC--What is it?

'12CTSman
07-08-13, 05:54 PM
After gassing up last night I got a new blue icon on the right side of the DIC. It showed a tire cutaway with two horizontal arrows pointing to a dot between them. When I moved over to it it went to the tire pressure screen. Of course, nothing in the manual about the icon. I figured it was telling me to routinely check the tire pressures since I just got gas. I called my dealership and the service writer I talked to had no clue. He said it's probably something to do with the TPMS. Duh!!! He asked what does the tire pressures screen show. I told him they were normal and I checked them with my tire gauge. He said he would research it and call me back. Well, it's been over 8 hours ago and no call back. My own Internet research seems to point to needing to do a scan on the TPMS sensors, which means a long trip to the dealership and waiting for who knows how long. This SRX is beginning to be a pain in the butt. Two times to the service department in a little over a month is not acceptable in my book. Anyone have any suggestions?

st4422
07-08-13, 11:27 PM
That is the small version of the tire pressure display that is used when the right side display is not selected and is not full size. It's not very useful... just kind of a placeholder with no real info. You may have noticed that the small and large versions of other displays are different as well.

'12CTSman
07-09-13, 07:28 AM
That is the small version of the tire pressure display that is used when the right side display is not selected and is not full size. It's not very useful... just kind of a placeholder with no real info. You may have noticed that the small and large versions of other displays are different as well. Thanks. I hope that's all it is, but I had not seen it before and I have scrolled thru the menus dozens of times since I got the SRX on 1 June. This new icon is also on the left side of the DIC when I scroll thru that side. As I said, it just appeared by itself on Sunday. Previously when I scrolled both sides of the DIC the tire pressures would display. Strange. I am wondering what other surprises the DIC has in store for me down the road?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-09-13, 09:09 AM
After gassing up last night I got a new blue icon on the right side of the DIC. It showed a tire cutaway with two horizontal arrows pointing to a dot between them. When I moved over to it it went to the tire pressure screen. Of course, nothing in the manual about the icon. I figured it was telling me to routinely check the tire pressures since I just got gas. I called my dealership and the service writer I talked to had no clue. He said it's probably something to do with the TPMS. Duh!!! He asked what does the tire pressures screen show. I told him they were normal and I checked them with my tire gauge. He said he would research it and call me back. Well, it's been over 8 hours ago and no call back. My own Internet research seems to point to needing to do a scan on the TPMS sensors, which means a long trip to the dealership and waiting for who knows how long. This SRX is beginning to be a pain in the butt. Two times to the service department in a little over a month is not acceptable in my book. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hello '12CTSman,

I see st4422 was able to help answer this question for you. I apologize for any inconveniences with your SRX you have had to deal with already. I understand how going to the dealer multiple times in a short amount of time can be frustrating. If there are ever any questions or concerns you would like to further discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

'12CTSman
07-09-13, 10:27 AM

Hello '12CTSman,

I see st4422 was able to help answer this question for you. I apologize for any inconveniences with your SRX you have had to deal with already. I understand how going to the dealer multiple times in a short amount of time can be frustrating. If there are ever any questions or concerns you would like to further discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Laura for your concern about my question. My bad. Yes, I am sure st4422 was right about the icon now after I looked at the DIC again. I guess I "looked but did not see" as they say. I also found the menu for the DIC menu in the center portion in the "Pages" section of the settings menu. I wish the manual had more info about the DIC, but that is a shortcoming of many vehicles' manuals. I know there is a limit on how many pages the manuals can be, but the DIC seems to be a very important feature that should be covered in depth IMHO. I really appreciate Cadillac providing personnel to monitor these forums. Keep up the good work.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-09-13, 12:23 PM
Thanks Laura for your concern about my question. My bad. Yes, I am sure st4422 was right about the icon now after I looked at the DIC again. I guess I "looked but did not see" as they say. I also found the menu for the DIC menu in the center portion in the "Pages" section of the settings menu. I wish the manual had more info about the DIC, but that is a shortcoming of many vehicles' manuals. I know there is a limit on how many pages the manuals can be, but the DIC seems to be a very important feature that should be covered in depth IMHO. I really appreciate Cadillac providing personnel to monitor these forums. Keep up the good work.

Hello '12CTSman,

You are welcome! We are here to help wherever we can. I am glad you were able to find a solution to your situation, but sorry for the trouble you had to go through and that the manual is not more in depth on the DIC. Continue to enjoy driving your SRX!

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care