: 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Fuse Box

riddle_18
02-22-05, 04:14 PM
I just purchased a 1992 Fleetwood. NOTHING wrong with it. Driving to work, I dropped a dime in the Lighter, then my radio went on the fritz...

help!

riddle_18
02-22-05, 04:53 PM
btw, I really need an answer! I checked the fuse boxes under the hood, but I have no clue what goes to what? Is there a fuse under the dash I should be checking?

90Brougham350
02-22-05, 04:55 PM
Yes, should be in the fuse-box under the steering column.

Brian

riddle_18
02-22-05, 05:00 PM
Really? I didn't see it... Should it be something easily found? Am I just being really really dumb? lol

I just bought this car too, 1800 dollars, NO rust, never seen a winter, doesn't leak a thing... it's so beautiful, and no I can't listen to my radio! lol I'm hoping I just blew a fuse.

kmhebert
02-22-05, 05:51 PM
A similar thing happened to me, I was doing a vinyl repair and it comes with a tool you are supposed to heat with the cigarette lighter. I put the tool in the lighter hole instead and it blew out my radio. You have to change the fuse, on my car it's below the steering wheel, there is a black cover you have to remove (it's attached with several screws on mine). It's WAY back there, I had to lay on my back and twist all around to get at it.

riddle_18
02-23-05, 09:39 AM
ok... I know last night I looked under there and didn't find a thing that was real obvious.. I'll have to get under and look for something to unscrew... I'm so used to dumb little cars with a fuse box that just opens right up and in easy sight heh.. thanks!!!

90Brougham350
02-23-05, 10:43 AM
Yup, if memory serves me correct, there's 3 or 4 small screws with 7mm heads along the front of the plastic cover that run along the edge of the dash, and then a thumb screw that's near the gas pedal. Once you've got the screws out, there will still be resistance, just pull. The plastic cover is held around the steering column with a little c-clamp that opens up if you pull on it.

Brian

riddle_18
02-24-05, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the info, I"m hopefulyl going to be able to work on it tonight.. Would that fuse effect the switch to my trunk that all of the sudden stopped working?

And last question. No matter what, the air that my car blows inside is ALWAYS cold... Anti-freeze is good, and this just happened out of the blue. Thermostat? Any suggestions?

90Brougham350
02-24-05, 10:34 AM
Certainly wouldn't hurt to check, have you noticed any overheating at all?

Brian

riddle_18
02-24-05, 02:10 PM
Not that I can tell. I checked teh anti-freeze this morning, it ws a VERY little bit low. I put some in the overflow.

After getting to work, I shut the car off and I heard it bubbling in the overlow.. Mean anything? No temp gauge warning lights or anything have come on?

90Brougham350
02-24-05, 02:48 PM
I don't know a whole lot about cooling systems or whatnot, but if you feel like taking the time, pull the thermostat and put it in a pot of boiling water. If it opens up, you've obviously got a working stat. If it doesn't it's an easy 3 dollar fix. Just a thought.

Brian

riddle_18
02-25-05, 06:16 PM
Well, after putting just a little bit of extra anti-freeze in, it works, but here's the weird part. The drivers side fan of the defrost blows cold air, the passenger part blows hot !

90Brougham350
02-27-05, 02:28 PM
:hmm: Ok, you've got my brain running now, I think you'll want another opinion.

Brian