: Bad Transmission? Or Bad Synchos?

Cadillac_Stokes
07-08-13, 05:47 PM
.......Whats happening people? For a while now....periodically my '06 CTS-V has been difficult to engage into reverse and sometimes jumps out of gear when backing in reverse. I hoped by me replacing the motor n tranny mounts that this would have possibly resolved the situation....but it has not...Seeking some commentary from others that may have had this experience....and how you may have handled it. 'Chime in please!' :hmm:

FuzzyLogic
07-08-13, 05:56 PM
Have you bled your clutch...ever?

Cadillac_Stokes
07-08-13, 06:02 PM
Well I've had a new clutch installed recently....as a matter of fact i had all this stuff done at the same time (motor mounts, tranny mount, differential mount) but haven't directly bled the clutch... What do you think maybe going on?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-09-13, 07:06 PM
.......Whats happening people? For a while now....periodically my '06 CTS-V has been difficult to engage into reverse and sometimes jumps out of gear when backing in reverse. I hoped by me replacing the motor n tranny mounts that this would have possibly resolved the situation....but it has not...Seeking some commentary from others that may have had this experience....and how you may have handled it. 'Chime in please!' :hmm:

Hello Cadillac_Stokes,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue where your CTS-V is difficult to engage in reverse and sometimes jumps out of gear. I understand that you are reaching out to the community for any input they have but I would like to extend my assistance to you if you are interested in working with a dealership. I see that you have replaced the motor and transmission mounts. Did you have this work done at the dealership? If not, are you interested in bringing your vehicle to a dealership to see if they would be able to diagnose the concern you are experiencing? If this is the route you would like to pursue, I would like to extend my assistance in working with the dealership. Please feel free to private message me if this is something that you would like. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care