smca
07-08-13, 04:03 PM
I installed these last week.

brent38
07-08-13, 06:21 PM
Do they turn on?

spearfish25
07-08-13, 07:01 PM
Mmmm, I think I would take them back off. Far too nice a car for that stuck on, $20, 'I wish I was an Audi owner' look. Consider it a learning experience.

Club Malibu
07-08-13, 09:28 PM
Post some night time pics.

smca
07-08-13, 10:31 PM
Consider it a learning experience? I assure you that these are not "$20 stick on lights". These are the Philips LED DRLs that cost about $120. They are high quality and very bright. There is a control module that is wired into the headlights so when the headlights turn on, the LEDs dim. The bezels were laser cut to accommodate the heat sink and wiring. The bumper area behind the bezel was rough cut. These look much better than the factory halogen DRLs.

I will post more pics soon.

qictrk
07-09-13, 01:22 AM
I like the look smca. Can't wait to see the picture with the lights on. Of course you'll have to give me a detailed write up of how its done. Cecil.............

smca
07-09-13, 12:54 PM
Some more pics. Will try to get night time pics soon.

Purevil
07-09-13, 06:54 PM
I like the look, too. We're they hard to install/wire up?

smca
07-09-13, 10:15 PM
The wiring is the easiest part. You connect the power wire to your positive and connect your ground to your frame. I zip tied the module right behind the fuse box. From the module are three wires. Two wires for the lights and one wire that hooks into your headlight wire. When the headlight wire becomes active, the lights dim. They are too bright at full power for night time. Luckily for me, my uncle has a laser cutting machine and I got a precise cut for the lights. Not sure how I would have mounted them if I didn't have access to the laser machine.

bbradyc5
07-09-13, 10:40 PM
Did you just disconnect factory DRL's and run these off same circuit?

mpouls1
07-10-13, 12:02 AM
Very interesting. I'm on the fence but I do like the look. It's unfortunate no other real place to install them. If only they could be mounted slightly above the fog light housing I would be sold. So these are only run during the day, and you manually turn off the DRL's?

smca
07-10-13, 01:28 AM
These lights stay on anytime your car is on. They are bright during the day and dim at night. I pulled the fuse for the factory DRLs. These lights do not tie into your existing wiring except for the sensor wire the is hooked into your headlight wire to sense when they should dim.

----------

Here is an installation video...

http://youtu.be/T5YOIF3B3DE

Club Malibu
07-11-13, 09:43 PM
my uncle has a laser cutting machine and I got a precise cut for the lights. Not sure how I would have mounted them if I didn't have access to the laser machine.

Forget the night pics, I wanna see some pics of that laser machine!!!!

smca
07-13-13, 12:44 AM
Night pics and laser machine!

Club Malibu
07-13-13, 11:11 AM
I like how they dim when the headlights come on.

basa
07-13-13, 05:56 PM
lol...