: Is this a good deal?

STS 310
02-22-05, 12:04 PM
Ok, been waiting to find a F Wood for sale around here. Saw a 93 silver with silver top 103k on the clock and very clean inside and out. Body is damn near immaculate with just a touch of fading on the molding down by the trunk. Interior is good with just a bit of wear on driver side.

Sign says $6,100 OBO.

Really like this car. I WANT IT.

Want to call the owner for a more thorough look. What should I check? How should she ride etc.

Adam
02-22-05, 06:46 PM
whew thats steep! id offer him 5k to 5,500k maybe. with a little fading it would bring down the cost. i think on kbb one in perfect condition is listed at 5375k or something, they want way to much.

scurling
02-22-05, 07:52 PM
I agree with LowLow. That's too much for the car you describe. The mileage is fine for this Fltwd., but with fading on the exterior, that tells me it's been outside most of it's life.

I could understand someone asking that much for a '93 they garaged, kept accurate maintenance records, and took great care of, but that doesn't sound like the owner of this car.

Unless he has good maintenance records, give it a good inspection and find a lot of things that may need fixing in the near future. Then if you really want it, I would offer him $3.900 with cash in hand and the list of potential problems you (or he) will have to address in the near future.

Good hunting.

Destroyer
02-22-05, 09:10 PM
I agree, sounds overpriced. Then again I'm in Florida and you are in Cali, prices do differ in different regions. I'd talk it down to the high $3k-low$4k range. Good luck.

Leloz
02-22-05, 09:43 PM
Price is too high, you can find a clean '94 LT-1 for that price.

N0DIH
02-22-05, 10:35 PM
My V4P was high $3's, 1994 LT1 FWB.

Higher mileage though, but nice car, clean and pretty well take care of and documented on repairs.

Tom

STS 310
02-23-05, 01:42 PM
I agree with LowLow. That's too much for the car you describe. The mileage is fine for this Fltwd., but with fading on the exterior, that tells me it's been outside most of it's life.

I could understand someone asking that much for a '93 they garaged, kept accurate maintenance records, and took great care of, but that doesn't sound like the owner of this car.

Unless he has good maintenance records, give it a good inspection and find a lot of things that may need fixing in the near future. Then if you really want it, I would offer him $3.900 with cash in hand and the list of potential problems you (or he) will have to address in the near future.

Good hunting.

Fair enough. Can someone elaborate on a list of possible potential problems. I do agree if you go into a bargaining situation its best to be well prepared especially if I sound like I know about the car more than they do!

cadillacmike68
02-23-05, 03:39 PM
The price asked is too high, the 93 doesn't even have the LT1 engine. $3,000.00 - $3500.00 max.

My 1995 Black brougham has the same fading on the aluminum trim on the bottom of the factory vinyl top it's not a biggie.

I have 165,000 miles on my car. Verify the following service. They all went on my car shortly after 100,000 miles

Water pump (you can repace this yourself)
AC compressor
Rear air shocks
Alternator (self replaced)
power window regulators (EXPENSIVE)
radiator (cracked)
Distributor (under water pump, so when it leaks it destroys the dist)

None of tis should be a shocker on high mileage cars, the car has been GREAT, still runs SILENTLY, NO OIL LEAKS (no anything leaks, except when WP and rad cracked) ample power

Only bad thing is the old fartish digital dash I hate that dash.:annoyed:

STS 310
02-23-05, 03:45 PM
The price asked is too high, the 93 doesn't even have the LT1 engine. $3,000.00 - $3500.00 max.
Thats the next thing I was going to ask. No LT1, damn. So whats under the hood?

cadillacmike68
02-23-05, 04:28 PM
Thats the next thing I was going to ask. No LT1, damn. So whats under the hood?

The old school 185 HP throttle body injection 350 V8. Still had nearly 300 ftlb of torque though...

LT1, ported fuel injection, whacky distributor, reverse cooling, 260HP (due mostly to the cmaller air intake and convoluted air intake path in the Cadillac) and 335 fltb torque!