: Tranny mounts

253ctsv
07-07-13, 10:37 PM
So I just got pisinuoff's shifter an revshift mounts. When I shift hard into 4th I can feel it hit the driveline, or if I just pull it back hard while in 4th. Or if I push it towards the passenger side in second gear. The part that bothers me about it is I'm afraid something's not right. Anyone else have this ?

Andringa
07-07-13, 10:57 PM
Is it possible the trans mount was shimmed at some point? Make sure that the trans mount doesn't have anything making it sit higher than it has too.

I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with PissNuoff's shifter which leads me to believe your problem is either the shifter or trans mount is installed incorrectly.

philistine
07-08-13, 09:44 PM
Here's a thread that might interest you regarding Revshift trans-mount:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/268344-revshift-transmission-mount.html

253ctsv
07-09-13, 01:07 PM
Here's a thread that might interest you regarding Revshift trans-mount:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/268344-revshift-transmission-mount.html

So you're saying my insert probably pushed my tranny up enough for me to touch the driveline?

DougNuts
07-09-13, 01:32 PM
So you're saying my insert probably pushed my tranny up enough for me to touch the driveline?

Yes, you aren't the first person to run into this issue with the combination of the two parts.

PISNUOFF
07-09-13, 04:01 PM
I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock. You shouldn't be hitting. Double check to make sure you inverted the nylon pivot ball housing. This will raise the entire shifter assembly about 1/4".

MotorMounts
07-09-13, 09:37 PM
I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock. You shouldn't be hitting. Double check to make sure you inverted the nylon pivot ball housing. This will raise the entire shifter assembly about 1/4".

I thought I was the only one who was accused of making a trans mount that was higher than stock. :histeric:

Maybe the aftermarket mounts don't squish under the weight of the trans "like they should". I crack myself up.

PISNUOFF
07-10-13, 07:14 AM
Haha. Yeah Max, but the difference is you understand that the stock mounts 'squish' after a VERY short time.

Revshift
07-10-13, 10:07 AM
I changed my design and increased the throw on my shifters after the insert manufacturer refused to believe that it raises the trans higher than stock.

You guys are like little kids.

Our insert DOES NOT raise the trans AT ALL. The pissnuoff shifter was modified around a stock sagging trans mount. This is why he "changed his design" after we proved our claim.

Here is the proof. If you have anything to say about it then please call me directly and let me know. 586-510-4042. This includes you, Max.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/99715d1352396113-what-do-you-think-trans-mount-insertcomparison.jpg

FuzzyLogic
07-10-13, 12:10 PM
You guys are like little kids.

Avoid stereotyping. The opinions of one high-profile member are not necessarily held by the majority.

Revshift
07-10-13, 01:13 PM
Avoid stereotyping. The opinions of one high-profile member are not necessarily held by the majority.

I was exclusively referring to the two Buzz Killingtons in this thread who have a negative attitude toward Revshift products. The majority of the people in the CTS-V community are very mature, understanding, and pleasant to deal with (yourself included, Fuzzy). We are very grateful for that.