: Xenon Lights for 2001 Catera

thuss239
02-21-05, 10:15 PM
I have a 2001 Catera and Im trying to figure out exactly what I need to convert my non-xenon lights to the factory Xenon/HID. I got the 2 Xenon headlight assemblys free so is the following all I need?

GM Part #90565932 Xenon/HID Module (x2)
GM Part #09117208 Xenon Bulbs (x2)

I just want to make sure this is all I need before I make the investment. Is there a big difference w/ the factory Xenon? Hopefully somebody with the 00-01 Sport can answer or those who have seen the difference first-hand. Thanks!!!!!!!

Vesicant
02-21-05, 10:28 PM
The headlight internals are different from non-xenon versions. I dont know if the bulb would fit in the existing assembly. Otherwise, that should be everything? Does it look like it hooks up to the existing harness or...

thuss239
02-22-05, 11:34 AM
Thanks....Does anyone else have any feedback?

Also, how exactly does the HID module work? Does my existing headlight socket plug into the module then use the plug on the module for the Xenon bulb? Is there an easy place to mount the module...Anybody have a pic?

CateraSport
02-22-05, 12:46 PM
I love my projector HID headlights on my 00 sport.. Only problem is the passenger side lens leaks and fogs up all the time and I don't know what to do about it... The dealer told me over $400 for a new housing.. pfft

angelo1912
03-06-05, 09:28 AM
hey did u figure out a way of installing the hid light to the cetera. I too want the hids but don't know if it would work

Angelo

thuss239
03-06-05, 06:02 PM
Still working on it...I am trying to find used HID modules. I will update when I have something. I the meantime I am still open for suggestions...

Thanks!

shrek
04-07-05, 05:44 PM
If you are still looking to put hid lights in your catera the bulbs will not fit in the regular headlights.nor do you have the mountings on the back of the headlight and the harnest is different.
:o

supra1997
04-25-05, 01:46 PM
I own a 1999 Cadillac Catera with an HID upgrade. The best on the market are the Mcculloch HID conversion kits. You can find them at www.rjdezignz.com (http://www.rjdezignz.com/). They have good pricing and fast shipment. These kits just plug-&-play. You get 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and 2 ignitors. They are all wired together already so you just plug the factory wires into the ignitor, and the new HID bulb into the ballast. 15 min job and they look great! Much brighter and they consume less energy from the battery! You can get ahold of "rob" the owner at 513.678.9899.

CHRIS_B
10-29-05, 06:38 PM
Hello
I am from the UK, i have had 4 vauxhall omegas (cadillac ceteras) two of the cars have had xenon headlamps, it isnt an easy job to convert from non-xenon to xenon as you will need to change the headlamps to take the extra heat, also you will need the ballast boxs, heavy duty wiring as the voltage is mega, you will also need the clever little sensers that fit on the suspension that keep your lamps level with every bump you ride over..
hope this helps.
chris,,

kmcatera00
02-25-06, 09:37 PM
hey thuss239 - did you get your xenon's installed? I have a 2000 Catera and I am in the same situation. I will have both assemblies, bulbs, and ballasts but want to make sure it will work.