: Need help hooking up system

mcz
02-21-05, 10:08 PM
Hello, i have a 98 catera with the bose package i am wanting to hook up a amp and subwoofer in it.
I know that there is no rca jacks in the back of the bose head unit i have heard that there is rca jacks in the trunk but i have not found any so i bought a high low converter that makes jacks.so this is were i need help i dont know the speakr color wires in the headunit plug if any one knows the colors or has a diagram or knows how to hook it uo a dif way please let me know any thing will help me out.

D148L0
02-22-05, 12:43 PM
Hi mcz, here is a diagram for your car:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1998&make=Cadillac&model=Catera&ID=17290&type=Stereo
I hope is useful.

mcz
02-23-05, 12:11 AM
Hello, thanks for the help

that gave me the wires they match my friends but not mine.
i called the dealer today and he told me that the right speaker is brwn/yellow
and the left is brwn/blue does this sound right to any one. i dont see these colors in the main wire cluster that goes into the head unit but i see them in the trunk in the wire cluster for the brain but there is two of each there is a blue and a blue and brwn x2 and a yellow and a yellow and brwn x2. i will try and take some pics if i can tommorow but really this project is not that easy

mcz
02-27-05, 12:09 AM
any one ?